What's new

Pakistan loses Iran’s mango market

Plenty of other countries where these mangoes can be exported to. The UN is the problem, not Iran.

who is "we" :laugh:

you mean PAK Saudi Fertilizer company (90+ % of whose stake is owned by Pakistanis)

it's always a good idea to double check facts before posting

He probably heard the name and got excited...

Who were accusing us for being a white man's slave when some of the trade restrictions were carried fwd with Iran? Who were they again?.... ;)

2z8nt01.jpg

Dude ur the same people who backed off from IPI pipeline... while we didnt... its only now tht u are trading when the "white" man allowed you "guys" to trade nothing extraordinary abt it!

Pakistanis need cheap mangoes at home , no need to send out mangoes any where unless price is right

With the shortage of food and high rising prices , Pakistan should retain some of the food exports and feed local Pakistani who can't afford fruits and other normal things

Once IP gas line is done , we can gradually focus on other revenue sharing ideas

I guess Pakistanis are mad abt mangoes, ppls buy so much mangoes frm market i mean i dont consider mango a king,
but still every day i found lots of mangoes in my fridge...huh my mom...

What a joke, the only mangoe exported by india is alphonso, and i've seen it, it's doesnt even have the sweet fragrance of any Pakistani magoe you ca smell from a mile away. Also it's very tasteless, and you couldnt even dream of making a shake out of it without tons of SUGAR, and it'll still be tasteless
You're prejudiced, that's it

If you're a poor farmer whose ancestors bred the finest mangoes in the world, and to see them stolen you'd feel the same way

You can't patent something you did not create. Last time I checked Pakistani farmers did not invent Mangos.

Multan.

nuff said.

best mangos in the world come from there. In terms of global exports, Pakistan only enjoys about 3% of total exports but now with better regulations in place to ensure that perishability is vastly reduced) I would expect this number to increase. TDAP succeeded in the last year or so to tap into North American market – which will be a lucrative one.

American mangos are the worst I have ever tasted. If they enjoy our mangos – whether its alfanso wala or langra or Muhammadwala – a good mango is a good diplomacy. Everyone loves a good fruit.

On a side note, if you want to hear about a great entreprenanur and Pakistani businessman in this field – google AL-ABBAS ENTERPRISES. Theyre quite global

The real victims are Pakistani farmers. With no access to neighbouring or western markets , they will be forced to dump their products owing to storage issues. Local market will be flooded which reduces local prices, but ends up making the farmers penniless. Most farmers in Pakistan perform trade through middlemen who consume a significant portion of their income.

In short, it will result in a badly damaged agriculture industry and loss of revenue for the Pakistani state.

there are no Mango farmers, mango trees are lined up across the farm land while land is used to grow other crops.
yes they will loose money but it wont break their backs. beside local population will buy it so farmer will get reduced price its not like they will dump it...good for people

Dude, India moved away from IPI not because of external pressure but because pipline will go through some of the most dangerous area in the world and there was no guarantee of oil to the indian end... we have been trading during the entire time iran has sanctions from west.... on the other hand- pakistan is not even ready to allow to build IP pipeline even though Iran is ready for entire funding... talk about bending in front of "white guys"... :cheesy:

Dude ur the same people who backed off from IPI pipeline... while we didnt... its only now tht u are trading when the "white" man allowed you "guys" to trade nothing extraordinary abt it!

Dude, India moved away from IPI not because of external pressure but because pipline will go through some of the most dangerous area in the world and there was no guarantee of oil to the indian end... we have been trading during the entire time iran has sanctions from west.... on the other hand- pakistan is not even ready to allow to build IP pipeline even though Iran is ready for entire funding... talk about bending in front of "white guys"... :cheesy:

nope sorry; the modified price mechanism entailed that hindustan pays for what it RECEIVES

it was primarily external pressure that caused india to buckle; the nuclear deal is contingent on reduced Iranian imports

it's not even relevant here anyways

good for Pakistani people. Mango taste is heavenly locals will be in this heaven for a lower cost. :))

You can't patent something you did not create. Last time I checked Pakistani farmers did not invent Mangos.
If I'm not mistaken, genetically engineered plants can be patented. Have to check though. I'm basing this on my memory from the international law course I took a while ago.

What a joke, the only mangoe exported by india is alphonso, and i've seen it, it's doesnt even have the sweet fragrance of any Pakistani magoe you ca smell from a mile away. Also it's very tasteless, and you couldnt even dream of making a shake out of it without tons of SUGAR, and it'll still be tasteless
You're prejudiced, that's it

If you're a poor farmer whose ancestors bred the finest mangoes in the world, and to see them stolen you'd feel the same way

Most of the Pakistani Mango varieties originated in the plains in Uttar Pradesh. True story.

Back
Top Bottom