What's new

Pakistan looks to buy another 10 F-16s

2028979.jpg

Ab deer kiyon ki jai nek aur ache kam main? ORDER Ker do
These are Portuguese Air Force Esquadra nº201 !!!!!

Well the point is we are getting 10 more more together

10+8 planes are nicely depicted in the graphical photograph

18-19 planes flying in formation would be a amazing sight

Lockheed Martin is already talking about 10 more order... Just google

Yes, I'm well aware. Talking and making a deal are two different things. Question is about money: will Pakistan ask US for help like they did for the initial eight, or will they for the whole thing?

LOL tis would be like a gang bang for india...........one after the other..........

You're right. India should not be complaining to what amounts to lollipops.

Yes, I'm well aware. Talking and making a deal are two different things. Question is about money: will Pakistan ask US for help like they did for the initial eight, or will they for the whole thing?

You're right. India should not be complaining to what amounts to lollipops.
Even if Pakistan had the money, I don't think paying the U.S. would go down very smoothly. No matter what, the U.S. will always been seen from the angle of the Pressler Amendments.

Even if Pakistan had the money, I don't think paying the U.S. would go down very smoothly. No matter what, the U.S. will always been seen from the angle of the Pressler Amendments.

That's why I find it surprising that Pakistan still pursues the F-16 even in the face of obstacles put in its way by US. I thought it was the Pressler Amendments that led to Pakistan to pursue JF-17 program.

That's why I find it surprising that Pakistan still pursues the F-16 even in the face of obstacles put in its way by US. I thought it was the Pressler Amendments that led to Pakistan to pursue JF-17 program.
the question you should be asking is why should they go for other options? the bird is capable, cheap and they have comonality with the bird since the 80's. is crazy going for a new bird and theres only a hand full of options out there. and they will be very expensive. and will be to high to justify having a dedicated maintaince, servicing, training, weapons...etc. also what can they buy instead of the f16? typhoons? yes a deal will go through as the indian lobby is not strong here. but its more than twice as much as a f16'blk 52. i can go on with the j10 and su35 and there reasons but its just best if you dig around and you will find countless examples.
as far as they are concerned it subsidised and they like it. so they win by getting jets on the cheap. and the usa wins by retaining influence and keeping the production line open for a little longer.

Pakistan will seek to purchase another 10 Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Block 52 multirole fighters from the United States after recently concluding a deal to buy eight of the aircraft.

A "decision in principle has been made to buy 10 more F-16s", a senior Pakistani government official told IHS Jane's on 7 March,

Hmmmmm........who remembers my posts from last year letting you guys know that the PAF will be buying two more batches of new -16's block 52. First order of 8, second around 12.

I also mentioned that 16-24 used -16's will be acquired also, with low flying miles (in addition to the new -16's). Looks like those predictions are coming true now :usflag: :cheers: :pakistan:

More F-16.... :p::p::p::p:

Looks Like PAF has decided to have 110 F-16

They'd like 110-140 F-16's, both new and used with lower flying miles on the air-frame.

I think they're buying based on how much available U.S. aid money they have at their disposal. Sartaj Aziz said that Pakistan will fund the purchase of the 8 F-16s through "saved" FMF funds. I imagine the White House was looking to ease Pakistan on that front with additional FMF, so that the PAF could buy the total 18 it had originally wanted, but as expected, that new release didn't go through (yet).

That said, I've long expected the PAF to keep buying new Block-52+ on an incremental and gradual basis. They'll order 8 this year, perhaps another 10 next year, and so on. Before the earthquake in 2005, the PAF had intended to acquire a minimum of 55 new Block-52+, I think they're still aiming for that. It would be enough new airframes to warrant an F-16V-type upgrade 10 years from now.

This reply only shows how much it hurts when one does not have faith in the flankers. Moreover it also indicates that what is told regarding the SU-30MKI is nothing much but lies regarding the capabilities.

All the other probable deals that are required are more or less heading no where because there is no political will. This is more to do with the propaganda warfare on media both print and electronic which raises a bigger evil within. Chest thumping and ignorance will give a major victory to ratings hence big money, which raises a question what is this money worth in banks where as this could be spent on development

Please don't lecture us on money spend on Defence vs Development. We spend only 11.7 Billion US dollars from a GDP of 2.03 Trillion dollars for new purchases and our GDP is upward to 7.6 Now and will zoom past 8% soon.

As for my post, all I mentioned was about
"PRODUCTION RATE ", I think you need to revisit a good English comprehension classes.
And the production rate is a worry because we will this year give up 3 squadrons and will receive only 1.

As for the Capability of Su30MKI. Just shows how ignorant one can be.

1. really?....... i thought it was a done deal. any idea how long your looking at to actually start production.

2. well thats the only reliable source of jet induction you have. all you need to do is keep the availability rate up.

3. i thought the french are giving mesma aip's. for the first 6 and the other will be indigenous with a fuel cell aip. just have them all as mesma then you dont have the problem for maintenance of up keeping the same class sub but with different propulsion. it's a financial and logistical nightmare. its basically asking for trouble.

4. tbh i forgot you wanted those until you mentioned it. the question is why spent so much the the mrtt when you can spend less and have a jet thats near enough the same [the il-78 with ps-90 engines] again why make life hard when it can be easy. upgrade the current il-78 [also with new engines] and buy more of them. quick, easy and cheap. what more can you ask for?

5.well first of congrats on actually seeing the issues of india as many users here fail to see them. [hence why i thanked your post] and thats a good thing. a more streamlined procurement process is required. also let me share an intresting fact with you. when india and Pakistan[west] partitioned. west Pakistan inherited 33% of the armed forces. which is airforce, navy and army. consider the size of india to Pakistan and you will find Pakistan was a country with a massive military. and the military played a part in how the country was run, they still do. so when you say they are using it 5000 better. its because they get what they want and nobody questions them[ not even congress or parliament] as they are an integral piece of the country. whilst the indan armed forces is an add-on.
also what has india got recently?

1. Should be done, but when no idea.
2.The availability rate is getting good. We have had signed agreements with Irkut for regular supply of spares to keep >80% availability.
3.We need to go Indian here if we really want to produce SSKs independently.
4. A330MRTT is required as some of our aircrafts require boom refueling which Il78 can't .
5.DPP16 is the lone hope now.

10 or 20 F16 does it really change Indo Pak equations

With 250 plus sukhois and more to come

It is only a fool who will think that the few squadrons of F16 will match them and they all can live in their paradise at their own peril

But if Pakistan were to acquire state of art 3 squdrons of 4.5 gen aircraft from Europe or from Russians(highly doubtful) that's a game changer but can you cough the bill again Chinese "J" (junk series) is also no answers........

I think they're buying based on how much available U.S. aid money they have at their disposal. Sartaj Aziz said that Pakistan will fund the purchase of the 8 F-16s through "saved" FMF funds. I imagine the White House was looking to ease Pakistan on that front with additional FMF, so that the PAF could buy the total 18 it had originally wanted, but as expected, that new release didn't go through (yet).

That said, I've long expected the PAF to keep buying new Block-52+ on an incremental and gradual basis. They'll order 8 this year, perhaps another 10 next year, and so on. Before the earthquake in 2005, the PAF had intended to acquire a minimum of 55 new Block-52+, I think they're still aiming for that. It would be enough new airframes to warrant an F-16V-type upgrade 10 years from now.
A friend told me Pakistan wants to have more than 100 F-16. This is because it would bound the company to provide future services and maintainence for F-16. This is in company law.

Back
Top Bottom