What's new

Pakistan looks to buy another 10 F-16s

Not a good idea again to go for F 16 have we not learned anything USA is not a reliable arms partner we need to decrease our reliance on them
but US considers pak as Friend in need this tested we have seen several times

but US considers pak as Friend in need this tested we have seen several times
With Trump becoming president of USA its not really a good idea to continue our heavy reliance on US arms we need to decrease our dependence on sanction prone arms

Jets we paid for were held for years cuz of sanctions what is the gaurantee it wont happen again we need to enhance economic partnership with US but at the same time we need to decrease our heavy arm deals with them particularly at the time period Trump is going to be next US president

With Trump becoming president of USA its not really a good idea to continue our heavy reliance on US arms we need to decrease our dependence on sanction prone arms
i think we have to partnership turkey in assembling f-16s we have lots of engineers especially new pass out engineers to induct

Who would like to tell me that where I can find members introduction section as I am unable to post anything here.

Jets we paid for were held for years cuz of sanctions what is the gaurantee it wont happen again we need to enhance economic partnership with US but at the same time we need to decrease our heavy arm deals with them particularly at the time period Trump is going to be next US president
I don't think there is much justification for any future sanctions. Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is well known and is not going anywhere. Indeed, Secretary Kerry made a point to assure Congress that Pakistan has every necessary safeguard for it's nuclear weapons. Secondly, in the post 9/11 world, America needs Pakistan more than Pakistan needs America, so sanctions would be foolish on our part. I think the recent Senate vote that was overwhelmingly in Pakistan's favour regarding F-16 sales is indicative of that. Thirdly, while Mr. Trump and the whole Trump phenomenon is unprecedented in American politics, despite the near certainty that he will be the conservative party nominee, he is deeply disliked and distrusted by almost half of that party and by about 60% of the American people which is why he loses in every poll in a match up against Sen. Clinton. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to win, it's just mathematically very hard to see how he can put together 270 electoral votes and that is the only thing that matters in a presidential election.

Hmmmmm........who remembers my posts from last year letting you guys know that the PAF will be buying two more batches of new -16's block 52. First order of 8, second around 12.

I also mentioned that 16-24 used -16's will be acquired also, with low flying miles (in addition to the new -16's). Looks like those predictions are coming true now :usflag: :cheers: :pakistan:

They'd like 110-140 F-16's, both new and used with lower flying miles on the air-frame.
Thanks Bob corker

when pak received the initial 18 F-16s block 52 there was an option of 18 more. so it seems pak is going for the remaining 18.

I don't think there is much justification for any future sanctions. Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is well known and is not going anywhere. Indeed, Secretary Kerry made a point to assure Congress that Pakistan has every necessary safeguard for it's nuclear weapons. Secondly, in the post 9/11 world, America needs Pakistan more than Pakistan needs America, so sanctions would be foolish on our part. I think the recent Senate vote that was overwhelmingly in Pakistan's favour regarding F-16 sales is indicative of that. Thirdly, while Mr. Trump and the whole Trump phenomenon is unprecedented in American politics, despite the near certainty that he will be the conservative party nominee, he is deeply disliked and distrusted by almost half of that party and by about 60% of the American people which is why he loses in every poll in a match up against Sen. Clinton. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to win, it's just mathematically very hard to see how he can put together 270 electoral votes and that is the only thing that matters in a presidential election.

i think what we have to do?
is to protect US interest in this region ,
but sometime these interests flies so fast faster than than these f-16s speed
what we do ?
start our old friend (f-16) & try to meet demands

i think what we have to do?
is to protect US interest in this region ,
but sometime these interests flies so fast faster than than these f-16s speed
what we do ?
start our old friend (f-16) & try to meet demands
Plus they come with many condition attached if we are to believe the old wikileaks

Looks like more indian taxpayer money will go into the pockets of US law makers for nothing, lol Pakistan's defence establishment knows how to play with Indian minds haha

Back
Top Bottom