What's new

Pakistan lodges strong protest with Norway over desecration of Holy Quran

You have to consider them as the petty businessmen dealing in wholesale goods 'BEFORE' they got the infusion of oil money from around them. I do. Asking them to think in bigger terms is a mistake.

Telenor (cellphone company) is making hundreds of millions from Pakistan and Bangladesh every year - quietly. Like every other EU business. They bribe the respective heads of state and cause issues with any challenges.

They even made Dr. Eunoos back off who founded Grameenphone with Telenor. He was going to kick them out of Bangladesh.

Then kick them out but who fill in China Mobile

China Mobile and Huawei are not bad alternatives. Norway has nothing to offer as far as technology. Maybe some good governance practices. Bangladesh and Pakistan tolerate Norway as a nod to tolerating EU businesses and keeping a good relationship with them for exports.

But this is far more serious business - burning the Koran. They'd expect us to burn the Bible in return, but according to Islam it is one of the holy books as well. Plus people here don't do that sort of thing.

Where are our Arab sheiks? Hiding in their oil fields? Not a word of condemnation. No wonder Modi receives medals.
That’s called, “fear to dissatisfy customers”. No matter what spirit Arabs have in heart but in the end, due to economic pressure, they couldn’t speak on such matters.

Funny how all of the other Muslim countries are not complaining about this. Why Pakistan?............:disagree:
What Pakistan did is to be admired.
Those who are silent, it's their failing & they will answer for it in this life or the hereafter.

What Pakistan did is to be admired.
Those who are silent, it's their failing & they will answer for it in this life or the hereafter.

Would be nice if we sort out our problems at home and those who disobey Islam in Pakistan by being ultra corrupt. That is a FAR FAR bigger insult to Islam than burning a Qur'an.

China have substantially benefited from American industrial investment and know-how since the 1970s. Now China have its own industry and technological advances.

Pakistan should learn from China and invite Western companies to invest in Pakistan on a massive scale. Do not shrink your worldview to a single country. CPEC is good initiative but it shouldn't be the end of it all.

Problem with Pakistan is that much of its advances are through the prism of military. This need to change, and Pakistani civilians need to get their act together in managing affairs of this country.

Secondly, Pakistan need to up its game in Washington DC in order to counter Indian influence there. Musharraf regime cultivated excellent relations with Washington DC but Pakistani democratic governments completely neglected our mandate in Washington DC through the years. Remember Husain Haqqani disaster?

How can you mismanage your relations with an established superpower and expect things to remain rosy for you? People need to be realistic. US isn't going anywhere. Time to fix our foreign policy and put competent people in charge. Needlessly confrontational approaches have disastrous consequences - always.

Though your comment is from other recent thread but I especially agree with the bolded part.

I would genuinely like to know your point of view here where couple of guys are talking about kicking out a western company. Thanks in advance.

What will they do throw the letter in the trash as usual
Look at the Dutch example. Or are you too small brained to understand what Pakistan did? If you dont get it then let me explain. We are hitting their soft power and they fear that..

Doesn't it work rather well in America though?
Multiculturalism works. It is a lie if anyone says it doesnt. The simple truth is that Europeans are intolerant and extremists. Which is why they attack the sentiments of minorities. These provoking attempts show their extremist mentality.

Last edited:
Source? People are saying he is Palestinian.

He's kurdish.

I dont think statements carry weight I think your one of those dudes who sees Erdogan as "savior of the Muslim World" type while his nation is in NATO has American forces on their soil yeah he might be flirting with the Russians and Chinese these days but looking at recent polls in Turkey at least 75-80 percent of Turks identify their nation as Secular

I don't think you understand secularism at all.

Secularism isn't an abandonment of religion.

Pakistan lodges strong protest with Norway over desecration of Holy Quran
Web Desk On Nov 23, 2019
norway-750x369.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Ambassador of Norway was called to the Foreign office today to convey the deep concern of the government and people of Pakistan over the incident of desecration of the Holy Quran in the Norwegian city of Kristiansand.

Pakistan’s condemnation of this action wasreiterated. It was underscored that such actions hurt the sentiments of 1.3 billion Muslims around the world, including those in Pakistan. Furthermore, such actions could not be justified in the name of freedom of expression.

The Norwegian authorities were urged to bring those responsible to justice and to prevent the recurrence of any such incident in the future.

The Ambassador of Pakistan in Oslo has also been instructed to convey Pakistan’s protest and deep concern to the Norwegian authorities.

Earlier this week, a video surfaced on social media in which a man can be seen burning a copy of the Holy Quran during an anti-Islam rally.

While everybody looks on, a man whose identity is not known and social media is calling him Ilyas suddenly jumped over the fence and kicked the man.

Salute to brave #Ilyas for displaying courage to stop an absolutely deplorable action. Such Islamophobia based provocations only promote hatred & extremism. All religions are and must stay respectable. Islamophbia is threat to global peace and harmony.#TheGloriousQuran#Norway pic.twitter.com/CRahq5mazf

— Asif Ghafoor (@peaceforchange) November 22, 2019

@Norwegian
what is hate speech in Norway? Does burning Quraan not come under this law? Please answer when you return.

What will they do throw the letter in the trash as usual
launching a protest is way better then doing nothing .
will you give the same logic behind ex kanjar e azam nawaz sharif's not mentioning of kulbushan yadav?

Would be nice if we sort out our problems at home and those who disobey Islam in Pakistan by being ultra corrupt. That is a FAR FAR bigger insult to Islam than burning a Qur'an.
They're not mutually exclusive.Pakistan & other countries as well, can & should do both (i. e condemn these acts & also weed out corruption).

I think West and Jews have successeded in their conspiracies to prove to the world that killing a mosquito and a muslim is the same. And have successfully goaded muslims into becoming apologetics bending over more and more everyday to satisfy the atheistic values of gora golabal multi culturalism.

Back
Top Bottom