What's new

Pakistan likely to secure civil nuclear deal with US: report

They will sign it with great fanfare just like they celebrated by borrowing more money selling off high interest bonds. How many reactors has India got since it signed this agreement? Just a note that this agreement is not at all the same as the one given to India. Its overall a humongous mistake which the military probably would not let them make.

None from US due to liability clause :( I want them Chinese ones - much cheaper and efficient with better returns on capex. With France and Japan it is work in progress.

Let's say for additional 20 reactors we are golden for two decades on our own......... rest is all just a matter of logistics, so no worries....... Indian 123 agreement is nothing but a ruse, it's utility for Indian nuclear fuel cycle and nuclear fuel guarantee is minimal, while other *non nuclear* fine print, is the actual thing to envy! I hope you get my point.

Only bottleneck is fuel, I am not aware how much is available domestically but still you can get whatever is needed from central Asia, China has a big pull over there. No need to fret.

Reactor tech you guys are getting is better and cheaper than our Russian ones.

Nucleur Deal with US will help to paveway in recognizing Pakistan as member of Nucleur countries .I dont see any issue with that as we have enough capability to wipe out complete India with Second and Even third stage delivery options .Similarly we dont have ambitions to take out US .Similarly Law of land changes and with each day changing geo political sceanario changing who knows what will happen to these pre conditions. Imagine if we have access to European and American tech in this field .

Indian 123 agreement is nothing but a ruse, it's utility for Indian nuclear fuel cycle and nuclear fuel guarantee is minimal, while other *non nuclear* fine print, is the actual thing to envy! I hope you get my point.

I do. Let's just say it opened the gates, rest is up-to us.

None from US due to liability clause :( I want them Chinese ones - much cheaper and efficient with better returns on capex. With France and Japan it is work in progress.

Thats what I mean. The only reason the signing is important is because of the approval of US for other countries to work without a sword on their heads.

If it is left to your bureaucracy and present day politics - I really wonder if you could extract anything of value from it.

I do. Let's just say it opened the gates, rest is up-to us.

If it is left to your bureaucracy and present day politics - I really wonder if you could extract anything of value from it.

Much happens behind the scenes - what gets out was meant to get out.

Well it would be great if it happens

As Zarvan said Pakistan should sign the deal. Pakistan should ratify FMCT. Pakistan should cap it military nuclear expansion program.

If its a blank cheque like the one US offered to India then more than good.Otherwise there is no fun in talking on it if its putting caps on anything ranging from delivery systems to number of warheads etc. Its a Civil Nuclear deal and it should only focus on aspects of civil nuclear tech.

America has no leverage, to ask Pakistan to cut down on their nuclear program.

Since China is already building US Westinghouse nuclear reactors in Pakistan. :lol:

They shouldn't have sold us the blueprints to their latest reactor designs. :enjoy:

There is a heaven and hell difference in what US builds and what China builds. US is not asking Pakistan to give up its nukes but cap their expansion. This is good for all.

1. Did you have any doubts about their double standards? Your naivety is worrisome.
2. There is no such thing as 'perception' about anyone's nuclear ambitions.... as by their very definition they are there to take care of all present and emerging threats.
3. You watch too much TV and hollywood movies.

Interesting clause if "Pakistan can continue its programs of nuclear and missile deterrence against India".

Shows the double standards they follow.

As for Pakistan,It is a good deal considering the perception about Pakistan's nuclear program.

Secondly Pakistan has upped its nuclear program in the recent times and they have many miniature nukes scattered across the country a real threat to the region if they fall into radicals.

As Zarvan said Pakistan should sign the deal. Pakistan should ratify FMCT. Pakistan should cap it military nuclear expansion program.
No I think we should keep increasing nukes and also develop ICBMs

1. Did you have any doubts about their double standards? Your naivety is worrisome.
2. There is no such thing as 'perception' about anyone's nuclear ambitions.... as by their very definition they are there to take care of all present and emerging threats.
3. You watch too much TV and hollywood movies.

not about hollywood or Tv, Perception thing works reason why Pakistani establishment is after nuke deal with US.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom