What's new

Pakistan likely to secure civil nuclear deal with US: report

no thank you. we have learnt our lessons with the F-16s embargo fiasco.

so NO DICTATION from anyone. we have the right to make whatever we wish

America has no leverage, to ask Pakistan to cut down on their nuclear program.

Since China is already building US Westinghouse nuclear reactors in Pakistan. :lol:

They shouldn't have sold us the blueprints to their latest reactor designs. :enjoy:
Dear Friend......Those Reactors need Yellow cake .................

IMO two questions that need to be explored threadbare in this thread are: 1. What would we get out of the Civilian Nuclear Deal -- what it really means for us and 2. What "caps" we are being asked to put on our nuclear program?

IMO two questions that need to be explored threadbare in this thread are: 1. What would we get out of the Civilian Nuclear Deal -- what it really means for us and 2. What "caps" we are being asked to put on our nuclear program?

And most importantly, what can Pakistan offer in return for USA to want to make this deal?

I don't know really what Pakistan can offer except for limiting the range of its delivery vehicles and a cap on number of nukes in its inventory. What it essentially means is that Pakistan will not produce or deploy IRBM's beyond a certain range and cap it nukes at around 75 to 100. However,Pakistan will be able refresh those stocks while keeping the overall inventory not beyond an agreed figure.

Now this will require routine inspections of stockpiles of weapons. Another area that might be in the limelight would be the type of Nuclear Reactors that will be build for civilian use. Fast Breeders will be out-- Plutonium??? don't know.

But from our perspective, what will we get in return? A good start would be to look at what India gave away to get what it got in the civilian nuclear deal.

My 2c worth.

I don't know really what Pakistan can offer except for limiting the range of its delivery vehicles and a cap on number of nukes in its inventory. What it essentially means is that Pakistan will not produce or deploy IRBM's beyond a certain range and cap it nukes at around 75 to 100. However,Pakistan will be able refresh those stocks while keeping the overall inventory not beyond an agreed figure.

Now this will require routine inspections of stockpiles of weapons. Another area that might be in the limelight would be the type of Nuclear Reactors that will be build for civilian use. Fast Breeders will be out-- Plutonium??? don't know.

But from our perspective, what will we get in return? A good start would be to look at what India gave away to get what it got in the civilian nuclear deal.

My 2c worth.

There has to be give-and-take by both sides for the process to worthwhile to the parties, Sir. I am sure they will be able to find common grounds to work with, just like the deal with Iran.

There has to be give-and-take by both sides for the process to worthwhile to the parties, Sir. I am sure they will be able to find common grounds to work with, just like the deal with Iran.

Well! Isn't it the real question ???? Why Pakistan should give anything ?

The posts on this thread are entertaining. Had I known before, I would have gotten some popcorn in advance :pop:

There shouldn't be any issue in putting cap to Pakistani nuke missiles over 3000-3200 KM. We got our worst adversary covered in this range. Also to me, around 50 nukes are more than enough. If this civilian nuclear technology can resolve Pakistan's future energy needs and brings $$$ investment in Pakistan, than surely we should give it a serious thought.

Nobody should forget that today we may not have enemies over 3000 km but nobody know who could be our future enemies tomorrow.

Another point is : What will the price to pay to get the civilian nuclear technology ? Will be affordable for Pakistan's economy ?

We also know that some countries (which are not enemy of Pakistan today, but they are not friend too) would make gains if Pakistan accept any kind of limitation. The question is are Pakistanis ready to limit their deterrence against those potential enemies especially if insert our experiences of embargoed items ?

What will be our possible answers in this case ?

Nobody will disagree with me on the point of the loadsheding. But will the civilian nuclear technology provide us immediately the needed electricity or it will take more than 20 years or more to build a power plant because of lack of fund as usual ? Tho is where I can see a trap : Sorry you can't pay ? So no deal but we remind your signature on the agreement of limiting your range and numbers hahaha...

So BIG NO

There shouldn't be any issue in putting cap to Pakistani nuke missiles over 3000-3200 KM. We got our worst adversary covered in this range. Also to me, around 50 nukes are more than enough. If this civilian nuclear technology can resolve Pakistan's future energy needs and brings $$$ investment in Pakistan, than surely we should give it a serious thought.

Wrong. Completely wrong. We need a minimum of 500-1000 nukes to completely nulify the indian threat. We need to produce a lot of thermonuclear weapons aswell. We also need to advance and expand our missile program so that NO nation on earth can mess with us. The indians need to be shown, that if they attack us, we will completely wipe out their nation and race from the face of this planet. Currently we can not do this. We should not rest till we can. If we sign this deal, we can say goodbye to our existence. Ever wondered why the israelis don't sign such a deal?

How patronizing. Why can't the israelis change their nuclear strategy? Our existence is more threatened than there's. america can have over 10,000 nukes yet we can't even have 200. To hell with the international community. They want to turn our nation into Iraq and Afghanistan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom