What's new

Pakistan interested in Hurkus C Low cost COIN aircraft

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Pakistan Air Force has begun to work closely with the propeller for low-cost operations. This tender, which is closely followed by TAI, suggests Hürkuş C model, which has been brought into Turkey as a weapon platform.

The planned purchase to make nearby support operations at lower cost is the EMB 314 Super Tucano, developed by Sierra Nevada Corporation, owned by US-based Fatih Özmen, which is designed by Brazilian Embraer along with TAI's Hurkey C model and IOMAX's Archangel type aircraft It is expected to enter the tender.

TAI has bought the first order for Hürkuş C from the Turkish Armed Forces while Super Tucano has sold to Afghanistan, Angola, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghama and Mozambique. IOMAX Archangel was sold to the United Arab Emirates and Jordan. Egypt is also on the plane.

HÜRKÜŞ'UN TRAINING MODEL SUGGESTIONS

TAI, which has made serious progress in the sale of ATAK T-129 helicopter to Pakistan, suggests Pakistan's air force education model B'yi as well as Hürkuş C in this project. After the Turkish Air Forces retired the T-37 training aircraft, these planes were awarded to Pakistan.

After completion of their maintenance, the T-37s, which have started to fly again, have completed their service lives, and it is pointed out that Pakistan, like the Turkish Air Force, will be able to use Hürkuş B so that the fleet operation costs can be made more appropriate.

http://www.kokpit.aero/pakistan-in-gozu-hurkus-c-de

Translated from google

Why we need them when we can use homegrown K-8 as coin aircraft? i think senior member discussed this earlier..

seems fake news to me.

img_20170802_143757-jpeg.415751

img_20170802_143802-jpeg.415752

The Afghans are using one.

The cost benefit ratio is great, plus this may finally be some thing that we could produce in house.
Engine included.

Why we need them when we can use homegrown K-8 as coin aircraft? i think senior member discussed this earlier..

seems fake news to me.

Hurkus is capable of handling both guided and unguided munitions while K8 is till integrated with only unguided ones..
The avionics of Hurkus and Interface is specifically made for next generation training...
Flight cost/hour in hurkus is very much cheaper than jet engined K8
Hurkus can take off more payload than K8
Hurkus can stay more than 4.5 hours and can hover on battlefield for longer duration than K8 which can support ground troops better

And currently PAF pilots are being trained on similar kind of aircraft in Turkey which is woong bi

Then Pakistan should also consider
Coast Guard version
TAI plans to offer another version of the Hürkuş to support the Turkish Coast Guard's maritime patrol operations. The aircraft's rear seat would be occupied by an operator for a FLIR sensor using an ASELSAN FLIR system.
Hurkus-C UAS
An unmanned version of the Hurkus-C Counter-Insurgency Aircraft being developed for the Turkish Armed Forces

The Pakistan Air Force has begun to work closely with the propeller for low-cost operations. This tender, which is closely followed by TAI, suggests Hürkuş C model, which has been brought into Turkey as a weapon platform.

The planned purchase to make nearby support operations at lower cost is the EMB 314 Super Tucano, developed by Sierra Nevada Corporation, owned by US-based Fatih Özmen, which is designed by Brazilian Embraer along with TAI's Hurkey C model and IOMAX's Archangel type aircraft It is expected to enter the tender.

TAI has bought the first order for Hürkuş C from the Turkish Armed Forces while Super Tucano has sold to Afghanistan, Angola, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghama and Mozambique. IOMAX Archangel was sold to the United Arab Emirates and Jordan. Egypt is also on the plane.

HÜRKÜŞ'UN TRAINING MODEL SUGGESTIONS

TAI, which has made serious progress in the sale of ATAK T-129 helicopter to Pakistan, suggests Pakistan's air force education model B'yi as well as Hürkuş C in this project. After the Turkish Air Forces retired the T-37 training aircraft, these planes were awarded to Pakistan.

After completion of their maintenance, the T-37s, which have started to fly again, have completed their service lives, and it is pointed out that Pakistan, like the Turkish Air Force, will be able to use Hürkuş B so that the fleet operation costs can be made more appropriate.

http://www.kokpit.aero/pakistan-in-gozu-hurkus-c-de

Translated from google
Can be great option for both training our pilots and also doing COIN operations.

wouldn't it be easier for the terrorist to shoot such crafts, i reckon these would be more vulnerable to the arms that the terrorists have because of altitude and speed

A outstanding machine for PA for coin ops and recon, a dozen of these would do wonders !!
Exactly. One squadron of Army aviation.
Since its Turkish product so it can carry all weapons which T129 will be carrying. This indicate we have wide variety of munitions as far as this aircraft is concerned. Moreover it can be used against India too as dedicated anti armor air craft armed with 4-6 Umtas ATGM.

wouldn't it be easier for the terrorist to shoot such crafts, i reckon these would be more vulnerable to the arms that the terrorists have because of altitude and speed
Yes, they are. That is exactly the reason why we did not employ any such 'grasshoppers' in Angola as they could be taken out by RPG-7 i the hands of cubans. I am not joking - one mission we had Dak come back with an RPG 7 hung in its tail. Impalas were there for that mission - in same league as K-8s as SA-7s were constantly a threat; flying in always at around 100m or lower.

For low level insurgency it is an overkill if mission is using standoff weapons. Ahrlac will do the job fine. Cheap and effective.
http://www.ahrlac.com/technical-overview.html
http://www.ahrlac.com/platform-overview.html

seems fake news to me.

personally id go for the k8 and with a bit of work, it can be around the same category as the a10.

Back
Top Bottom