What's new

Pakistan interested in buying 30-40 J-31s

That's a good number to start with 30 - 40 but again lets see what happens jumping in to 5th gen in a few years is the wise choice to make for the PAF.

HOW ABOUT IT IF SAAB OFFER PAKISTAN SETUP OF ASSEMBLY PLANT FOR 200 FIGHTERS FOR NEXT 10 YEARS DEMAND TO REPLACE F-7S. AND CHINESE FRIENDS WITH J-31 TO REPLACE ALL F-16S AND TURKISH TFX FOR FUTURE REQUIREMENT OF 5TH GENERATION?
CAN PAF ARRANGE FOR IT STEP BY STEP?
IF TEMPORARY HALT JF-17S IN FAVOUR OF SAAB ASSEMBLY PLANT,
J-31 AS CURRENT NEED INDUCTION
AND FOR FUTURE TFX AND MORE RESEARCH FOR JF-17 PROGRAM TOO? SO AFTER SOME YEARS JF-17 WILL COME TOO WITH 5TH GENERATION QUALITIES TOO WITH TFX?

nobody outside of China has checked those deadly avionics. it is unproven. if j-10 was f-16 caliber combat aircraft china would have sold them to make money.

will china pay pakistan to buy russian equipment ?
You have to agree selling military equipment need political leverage. Just like how Turkey has chosen HQ-9 missile but under heavy pressure from Europe. They are force to cancel it.

Seriously, China is not keen to sell J-10 fighter overboard. How many foreign airshow has it participated to demonstrated its individual performance? Even it don't clinch a deal. It will not even affect J-10 abit. It is the chosen fighter for PLAAF.

If you read the janes article, PAF chief has say they are interested to buy Su-35. In fact, it's PAF needs to pay China middleman money to help them procure Su-35. As Russia has no objection selling Su-35 to China. Once the item belongs to China. China can do whatever China wants with it, including gift it to whoever.

Well I am a J10B advocate , get 36 planes in on time rather then wait for long delays in other plane types.

The stealth Units will arrive in due time but battles have to be fought and won

Having 40 J10b , allows us to quickly retire old platform very simple idea

However the Block 3, Thunder will be a "Lovely" addition

HOW ABOUT IT IF SAAB OFFER PAKISTAN SETUP OF ASSEMBLY PLANT FOR 200 FIGHTERS FOR NEXT 10 YEARS DEMAND TO REPLACE F-7S. AND CHINESE FRIENDS WITH J-31 TO REPLACE ALL F-16S AND TURKISH TFX FOR FUTURE REQUIREMENT OF 5TH GENERATION?
CAN PAF ARRANGE FOR IT STEP BY STEP?
IF TEMPORARY HALT JF-17S IN FAVOUR OF SAAB ASSEMBLY PLANT,
J-31 AS CURRENT NEED INDUCTION
AND FOR FUTURE TFX AND MORE RESEARCH FOR JF-17 PROGRAM TOO? SO AFTER SOME YEARS JF-17 WILL COME TOO WITH 5TH GENERATION QUALITIES TOO WITH TFX?

SAAB Doesnt have any 5th gen aircraft to offer. Gripen NG will not give any significant boost after JFT block 3. all F7s and Mirages are already being replaced by JFT.

J31 will definitely be a superior induction but that too wont replace f16s until their shelf life is finished.
Turkey is still designing the air craft. any argument about Turkey would be before time.

Good think about J31 can be that Pakistan may well be a co developer and can have access to 5th generation technologies at first hand. Don't know why PAF is hesitant for this option still. Joint production, just like JF17 can be a great beneficial for our avionics industry if we are eyeing future and that is the aim which PAF chief himself has talked about recently. I am sure we are waiting for J31 program to get further mature but if we really want to expedite things than it need a foreign impetus. Pakistanis are no mug either, we have more flying experience on Western jets than the Chinese itself. We have sound assembly, maintenance, and manufacturing airforce industry at Kamra. We have some good engineers and last but not the least both China and Pakistan enjoys a tremendous mutual trust among each other. So in all way, China and Pakistan are natural allies. When we can have a submarine deal of $5 billion from China than why can't we have a similar deal for J31 now. Obviously we won't be paying $5 billion today. Anyways I am very much hopeful that by the end of this year or perhaps next year we will have a deal for J31.

This is amazing. You speak as if we are operating them. Especially the last sentence

It is a formality and everyone knows it. The J-31 is coming in PAF colors. This is Pakistan's mainstay 5th gen beast.

You have to agree selling military equipment need political leverage. Just like how Turkey has chosen HQ-9 missile but under heavy pressure from Europe. They are force to cancel it.

Seriously, China is not keen to sell J-10 fighter overboard. How many foreign airshow has it participated to demonstrated its individual performance? Even it don't clinch a deal. It will not even affect J-10 abit. It is the chosen fighter for PLAAF.

If you read the janes article, PAF chief has say they are interested to buy Su-35. In fact, it's PAF needs to pay China middleman money to help them procure Su-35. As Russia has no objection selling Su-35 to China. Once the item belongs to China. China can do whatever China wants with it, including gift it to whoever.

Well said, Beast.

It is a formality and everyone knows it. The J-31 is coming in PAF colors. This is Pakistan's mainstay 5th gen beast.

Well said, Beast.

Come on bro. FormAlity. There is nothing formal in billion dollar deals. It's all about interests. We do not have these birds and one shouldn't count ones chicken before thy have hatched

Come on bro. FormAlity. There is nothing formal in billion dollar deals. It's all about interests. We do not have these birds and one shouldn't count ones chicken before thy have hatched

You know it and everyone knows it. A 5th gen fighter is an undeniable requirement. If not today, certainly tomorrow.

What options are you left with? F-35? F-22? PAK FA? I can name a couple more. Is the acquisition of any of these jets even a remote possibility? You know the answer to that. You could argue that PAF could go for a JV with China for a whole new 5th gen platform. It is certainly possible, but is it a smart choice from so many perspectives? Certainly not.

You are smart enough to do the math with the options that are left. China is offering a beast. Probably with lenient payment options.

You know it and everyone knows it. A 5th gen fighter is an undeniable requirement. If not today, certainly tomorrow.

What options are you left with? F-35? F-22? PAK-FA? I can name a couple more. Is the acquisition of any of these jets even a remote possibility? You know the answer to that.

You are smart enough to do the math with the options we are left.

Look I know you guys think China is our best friend and we get whatever we want from.them. this is however not the case at all.I know the initial difficulties with jf17 and yes we need a fifth generation but there is no guarantee it will be fc31

Look I know you guys think China is our best friend and we get whatever we want from.them. this is however not the case at all.I know the initial difficulties with jf17 and yes we need a fifth generation but there is no guarantee it will be fc31

So, you are now questioning the friendship of China and Pakistan.

I can only say this to you. Time will tell. I'm certain J-31 is our prime 5th gen fighter. If you have other ideas about that you are free to enlighten us.

So, you are now questioning the friendship of China and Pakistan.

I can only say this to you. Time will tell. I'm certain J-31 is our prime 5th gen fighter. If you have other ideas about that you are free to enlighten us.

It's business that's all.
How are you certain. Just your gut feeling? Because that doesn't mean anything

It's business that's all.
How are you certain. Just your gut feeling? Because that doesn't mean anything

I'm certain because apart from the J-31 we don't have an awful lot of choice. You tell me what other alternatives we have?

Back
Top Bottom