What's new

Pakistan interested in buying 30-40 J-31s

Not a mistake. The Chinese number their planes a generation behind. In their reasoning, F-35 will be a 4th generation fighter too. While the F-18 is a 3rd generation.

Thanks for the info. The author should have clarified since it can't be taken granted

First of all every of our defense talk should not start with the word "India". We have many other countries to handle. And some of them are situated very much far away from Pakistan. India wants to keep us busy with and focused only on India. So, we need to have a partial focus on India, but an active one.
Secondly, possibilities from TFX program must also be included while talking about upgrading PAF and Pakistani aviation fleet.
Thirdly, Pakistans economic expansion may enable us to buy more than 30 to 40 birds. May be 50 or more(Inshallah, aameen).

Yes we should always start with
Bismillah

What ever you say
OUR BIGGEST BADDEST ENEMY IS ONLY INDIA

we have other also but the quality and quality of their enemity is less and lower

nope.. PAF still can get them
Don't be too sure. Pakistan still has the requirement of a decent long range fighter to protect CPEC and naval assets. JF-17 won't suffice. J-10 is certainly a more likely candidate. Particularly J-10C.
J-31s are the future for PAF.

J-10's are unlikely.

A more advanced block of the JF-17 can be configured to a similar configuration of a J-10C.

Also its very early to call J-31 the future of the PAF fleet.

J-10's are unlikely.

A more advanced block of the JF-17 can be configured to a similar configuration of a J-10C.

yar bas kar beta bongian na maar :p: ....thunder can be configured to j10 ??lol different wing structurew

Janes knows nothing much of Pakistan and Chinese military development. Take their report with a pinch of salt.

PAF J20 And J31.jpg

I think J10 and Su30 are only option if F16 are not available to replace Mirage night attack deep strike sqn 25 and 27, after 2020

Last edited:
J-10's are unlikely.

As long as JF-17 can provide a longer range suited for naval purposes you are right.

I think J-10C is a more likely candidate.

View attachment 377052

I think J10 and Su30 are only option if F16 are not available to replace Mirage night attack deep strike sqn 25 and 27, after 2020

You probably meant Su-35. I think a Russian fighter is unlikely. Our relations are improving rapidly, but the Russians aren't going to anger their Indian counterparts with this sale.

As long as JF-17 can provide a longer range suited for naval purposes you are right.

I think J-10C is a more likely candidate.

You probably meant Su-35. I think a Russian fighter is unlikely. Our relations are improving rapidly, but the Russians aren't going to anger their Indian counterparts with this sale.
China can gurantee Su-35 sales to PAF. Look out for the PLAAF Su-35. After China evaluate the Su-35, they will head to gwadar area and station there mainly for PAF uses. It might happen late 2017 or 2018. Russia has value China strategic partnership more than India. Same as how Russia defy India and approved China re sales of RD-93 engines to PAF.

Janes knows nothing much of Pakistan and Chinese military development. Take their report with a pinch of salt.
what you think pakistan will buy from china ? and can pakistan take TOT of fc31

what you think pakistan will buy from china ? and can pakistan take TOT of fc31
It is still in very early stages of talk. The most important is PAF must committed to FC-31 project to inject funds that allow itnto advance further.

It's better for PAF to comfirm a few batches of FC-31 to speed up induction before talking about localize.

Back
Top Bottom