What's new

Pakistan inducts new Electronic Warfare system

Probably give the ISPR a run for their money haha
THese days, ISPR should direly focus on the Khichri being cooked in Pak rather then going director and film making stuff

If Pak is kept safe, we have ages to do media things and fun

Its 100% Turkish system.

KORAL Electronic Warfare System​

Features​

• One operational unit includes four Koral Electronic Support Systems (ED) and one Electronic Attack System (ET), each mounted on an 8x8 truck.
  • Can search, intercept, analyse, classify, and locate the direction of multiple conventional and complex types of radar signals.
  • Ability to jam, deceive, and paralyse hostile radars.[
  • Operating range of 200 km
Basic reason behind this purchase is HavaSOJ.
Which will replace our aging fleet, 2nd HavaSoj will have ability to jam S400 most probably.

The turks used Koral in conjunction TB2s, anka's and we can see the results in libya, syria and azerbaijan. The theory is simple blind the enemy radars or somewhat degrade their situational awareness and then send a low rcs, a low altitude drone and wreck havoc upon the sams. I think thats what we are trying to do with recent acquisition of turkish drones. The targets will be short to medium range sam systems of india like barak, akash, syder. While the airborne assets jf17s and f16s could be used for S400 in force. A truly cost effective solution this is. A combo of drones plus effective EW capabilities can really help us make up for our less no fighters
Koral is actually a small part of all EW activities. The main effect on the enemy is the jamming of all communication channels, including satellite signal and global positioning. There is no usable smart ammunition, the data link is not healthy, there is no tactical communication between the units, the radars are not working properly. Imagine such a tactical field, even simple armed drones could easily engage targets even if these troops have conventionally correct formations.

Some known Turkish EW systems:

>SANCAK, long range electronic attack system (MILKAR-4A2 high-frequency jamming system)

TSKya-Yenilenen-ILGAR-Elektronik-Harp-Sistemi-Teslimati.jpg

>ILGAR Combat Electronic Warfare System

>KARAKULAK High Frequency DF and Listening System
kclA9TikBXIsRr8X1NdY.jpg

>MİLKED 4A2 High frequency ED

>MİLKED 4T
ASELSAN-Milkar-3A3-Elektronik-Harp-768x512.jpg

>MİLKAR-3A3 EA system
korals.jpg

>KARA SOJ (KORAL) Mobile Radar Electronic Warfare System
>REDET II - Radar Electronic Support (ED) System and Radar Electronic Attack (EA) System

> ARES-2LC/T-KOMPAKT-ED / ELINT

> Aselsan New Generation Mobile V/UHF Electronic Warfare System
FAIQvjeWQAACNKH.jpg:large

> SEYMEN Navigation Electronic Attack (EA) System

Last edited:
Koral is actually a small part of all EW activities. The main effect on the enemy is the jamming of all communication channels, including satellite signal and global positioning. There is no usable smart ammunition, the data link is not healthy, there is no tactical communication between the units, the radars are not working properly. Imagine such a tactical field, even simple armed drones could easily engage targets even if these troops have conventionally correct formati
That is what we are trying to achieve through cognitive electronic warfare and we achieved this to a degree on 27 but further tuning is being done. To take down a sam u just need to remove one element of the kill chain that is radar. CEW will really take things to a new level for PAF.

Last edited:
The Turkish defense industry has a very rich product catalog on EW systems. If electronic attack meant is to disable strategic communications systems; It could be a SANCAK. Or, if the purpose of preventing, delaying the communication of target bands or transmitting false information is meant, it may be the ILGAR system. KORAL is basically a system that aims to blunt enemy radars and render them inoperable. If you are sure that it is a system of Turkish origin and you can give a little more information on the possible combat definition; I can share the systems in the Turkish defense industry for that area.

The main groups of EW systems are:
- Electronic Intelligence (ELINT)
- Combat Intelligence (COMINT)
- Radar Electronic Support
- Communication Electronic Support
- Radar Electronic Attack
- Combatant Electronic Attack
- Preventive Electronic Attack
- Countering Improvised Explosive Devices (C-IED)

What will be the best system to overcome sams like s400 and others?

Pakistan's strategic partners are US, China, Turkiye, Russia, Italy and Sweden
Lol USA is no more our strategic partner and we just started our warm relations with Russia its take time for Pakistan to get a big ticket items from Russia and as for Sweden she sell us only defensive weapons (AWACS) not offensive weapons

What will be the best system to overcome sams like s400 and others?
😶

It is necessary to talk about a system of systems, not a system, and what will come to the fore here will be more doctrines and SEAD/DEAD strategies. Turkey's technical advantage, it has a S-400 system that TAF could simulate any attack strategy against this ADS, and also it could test its counter systems. I'm not the person to answer your question, and you shouldn't rely on any open source answers about it anyway.

😶

It is necessary to talk about a system of systems, not a system, and what will come to the fore here will be more doctrines and SEAD/DEAD strategies. Turkey's technical advantage, it has a S-400 system that TR could simulate any attack strategy against this ADS, and also it could test its counter systems. I'm not the person to answer your question, and you shouldn't rely on any open source answers about it anyway.
Right. Thanks and sorry i think it was a stupid question. Instead i should have asked that s400 can be countered especially when Turkey has it.

😶

It is necessary to talk about a system of systems, not a system, and what will come to the fore here will be more doctrines and SEAD/DEAD strategies. Turkey's technical advantage, it has a S-400 system that TAF could simulate any attack strategy against this ADS, and also it could test its counter systems. I'm not the person to answer your question, and you shouldn't rely on any open source answers about it anyway.
Well S400 is not a magic bullet that can do anything just for minute think of a scenario you have 100+ rockets coming at high supersonic speed coupled with Electronic decoys mimicking aircrafts and low flying cruise missiles, about 160-170 projectiles under intense EW environment. Put yourself in shoe of that battery commander who sees these missiles on the radar not knowing where they are headed, what will he do would he go for protection of sites assigned to him or will he think about his own battery his critical equipment, will he wait more to differentiate decoys from real aircraft or he will even wait more to know destination of each projectile and then chose between to protect sites of high value and neglect low value sites and in this process about 4 to 8 minutes are lost and so is the opporunity to strike. Its actually about engagement of multiple targets in a given theatre which creates real confusion. as long as humans are controlling these sams, systems like s400 will always be prone to destruction and will have less interception rate, thats why we never went for them.

The only comment I’ve got is that it blew away our side during testing. And that it’s a massive capability jump.
3 EF-111s shut down half of Iraq during desert storm so I can imagine what that system could do locally. That being said the Indians have some really impressive stuff on their side as well and they are much more secretive about it especially public leaks.

3 EF-111s shut down half of Iraq during desert storm so I can imagine what that system could do locally. That being said the Indians have some really impressive stuff on their side as well and they are much more secretive about it especially public leaks.
This thing is being kept secret to the point where there is no obvious leaks about its origin or type. Any one who claims to know the exact details is just bs’n.

I’m guessing the word was put out, for obvious deterrence reasons.

Back
Top Bottom