What's new

Pakistan, India have a lot to gain from mutually beneficial trade: Shehbaz Sharif

Above source is indian therefore it is not credible and is likely to be FAKE NEWS:

Yep biggest fake newsroom factory in the world. They're literally tireless at it.

Yes so avoid writing about Azad Kashmir and Gilgit.

If someone seeks to talk about "Negotiating kashmir with India", don't you think I should respond with Indian stand so that there is no confusion in pakistan or among pakistanis about what is going to be negotiated ?

Surely you don't want the genral pakistani public to be deluded about what actually goes on these talks , do you ?

That's fine and our stance is clear we want nothing to do with you. Why do you keep on telling us about the Indian stance when it is irrelevant in the long-term?
Kashmir can be worked through in other ways, no need to talk to India about it.

Indian stand is for those pakistanis who keep insisting on talking to India.

I would not want them to be deluded regarding the facts of the matter.

You are free to do what ever you think is best, and vice versa. Only your PA seems to suggest talking to India is in your best interest. Hence the statements from your leaders.

Showbaz and Bajwa will soon be on their way out. They don't matter.

How does that matter to India ?

Are you suggesting they are Indian agents ?

Last edited:
Islamabad [Pakistan], June 1 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has said that Islamabad is looking to forge partnerships for its geo-economics strategy, especially within the region, which apparently includes New Delhi.

He was responding to a question about trade with India in an interview with Turkish media outlet Anadolu Agency ahead of his three-day visit to the country, Dawn reported. However, Sharif arrived in Turkey for the visit on Tuesday.

Shehbaz said that as part of its shift from geo-strategy to geo-economics, Pakistan is looking to forge partnerships, especially within the region, based on connectivity.

“Pakistan and India have a lot to gain from mutually beneficial trade,” he said as quoted by Dawn. “We are cognisant of the economic dividends that can be accrued from a healthy trade activity with India,” the Prime Minister said further.

It is to be noted that after coming to power in Pakistan in early April, Shehbaz Sharif has written a letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressing his desire for peaceful ties with India and the resolution of all the outstanding issues.

This comes in the wake of PM Modi’s congratulatory wishes to the then newly elected Pakistani counterpart. Sharif, in his reply, thanked PM Modi for congratulating him and said that his country desires peaceful and cooperative ties with India, reported ARY News.

In his first address to the National Assembly after being sworn in, Sharif had said, “We want good ties with India but durable peace is not possible until the Kashmir dispute is resolved.”

On Tuesday, India and Pakistan finalised and signed the annual report of the Permanent Indus Commission for the year which ended on March 31, 2022.

The Indus Water Treaty has survived the wars between the two countries and the freeze in bilateral relations.

The relations between India and Pakistan have been strained due to Uri, Pathankot and Pulwama terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir with New Delhi making it clear that talks and terror cannot go together. (ANI)

Pakistan has nothing to offer to India on trade whereas India can flood the Pakistan market with it's products.
We are very lucky. PPP and PML-N are champions of turning Pakistan into a powerhouse like Germany.
Yes waiting on Asian Tiger status for last 30 years. 😫

View attachment 850257

Majority of Pakistan's import from India seems to be cotton. This is important for Pakistani textile industry and it should be imported from the cheapest source. I also remember that Indian western states used to import cement from Pakistan.
Everything is low-tech or agricultural. Not a strong base to increase exports

Everything is low-tech or agricultural. Not a strong base to increase exports
Same can be said about Pakistan's trade with China as well (despite FTA). I think India and Pakistan are very comparable in labor quality and logistical cost factors when we think of manufacturing sector. Pakistan will have better chances to export high value added goods to Indian western states, especially Indian Punjab. I remember reading about cement manufacturers from South India complaining to GOI about not being able to compete with Cement exporters from Pakistan. South India is farther to western states in India compared to Pakistan :pop:

Haha... last I checked,it was India who had to move an unprecedented 100,000+ troops to the northern frontier, to support their bent over posture.

India is essentially getting dumped everywhere by the US because it is an no-show at every strategic juncture. It acts tough like Israel but becomes The Bahamas at the last moment. You did you dance for over a decade in Afghanistan, but were left red-faced on the question of withdrawal, where Americans literally grounded you from every serious meeting.Same thing will happen in these forums. I have lost count how many times POTUS has met Modi and his predecessors, yet nothing earth shattering substantial, same hand shake, crap chorus about China and Pakistan, and bye bye 😄😁

India is free to move as many troops as it wants to any part of India.

What seems to be the problem ?

Above source is indian therefore it is not credible and is likely to be FAKE NEWS:

Why ask for Evidence if you don't plan to see it ?

Same can be said about Pakistan's trade with China as well (despite FTA). I think India and Pakistan are very comparable in labor quality and logistical cost factors when we think of manufacturing sector. Pakistan will have better chances to export high value added goods to Indian western states, especially Indian Punjab. I remember reading about cement manufacturers from South India complaining to GOI about not being able to compete with Cement exporters from Pakistan. South India is farther to western states in India compared to Pakistan :pop:
Indian products have superior quality than Pakistan. Cement production and export is a exception to the overall picture. Pakistan establishment is afraid of the influx of Indian products that's why there is a long negative list issued by them. Likewise the Pakistan factory owners. Pakistan needs a lot of catching up to do. It is the same situation with china. Our markets are getting flooded with Chinese products, good quality and bad quality.

Statement of the PM has to do more with optics than anything else

Indian products have superior quality than Pakistan. Cement production and export is a exception to the overall picture. Pakistan establishment is afraid of the influx of Indian products that's why there is a long negative list issued by them. Likewise the Pakistan factory owners. Pakistan needs a lot of catching up to do. It is the same situation with china. Our markets are getting flooded with Chinese products, good quality and bad quality.
..so then this is a matter of managing sectors on which tariff can be relaxed based on negotiation. It does not make sense to assume that Indian products are of superior quality in all areas. Also, Indian Punjab and Kashmir is where most of trade between India and Pakistan will occur. Both of these are consumption driven debt accumulating states. I think Pakistan has fair chances to compete there. Fear of competition is just tripping loser flag even before the starting line :disagree:

Let me clarify: I do not mean to say that Pakistan will 'greatly benefit' from trade with India and will become prosperous because of it. This is not possible because India is not a rich market like EU/US/China. However, Indian population centers are close to Pakistani population/industrial center. So there will benefit for both parties which should not be dismissed. Most benefit of regional trade comes with logistical efficiencies anyway.

If someone seeks to talk about "Negotiating kashmir with India", don't you think I should respond with Indian stand so that there is no confusion in pakistan or among pakistanis about what is going to be negotiated ?

Surely you don't want the genral pakistani public to be deluded about what actually goes on these talks , do you ?

Indian stand is for those pakistanis who keep insisting on talking to India.

I would not want them to be deluded regarding the facts of the matter.

You are free to do what ever you think is best, and vice versa. Only your PA seems to suggest talking to India is in your best interest. Hence the statements from your leaders.

How does that matter to India ?

Are you suggesting they are Indian agents ?

The Pakistani public is not deluded and the goons in power now don't represent us. The offer was made by them, understand that now? Khan threw out most of your diplomatic mission and that's where the people stand.

The Indian stand is with those who try to sell us out, you can say whatever you want to them. They will gone soon.

The PA is not interested in talking to India, and please don't refer to that ceasefire as Indian planners stated it was needed after the pressure from China has ramped up.

If it was for "Optics", he would have been better off with a hawkish stand like imran khan.

After all IK is all about style and no substance.

This is more than optics, this is pragmatic behaviour. Something that is in short supply in pakistan.

ICJ cannot find him innocent because he was NEVER TRIED in ICJ. ICJ determined the illegality of his current sentence.

How hard can this be to understand ?

ICJ however ruled that his trial by the military court was unjust and ordered a fresh trial to prove his guilt or innocent.

He is innocent until proven guilty and his "guilt" by military court has been ruled unjust and unconstitutional. So for all practical purpose he is still INNOCENT.

Then try him at ICJ you can appeal the verdict who is stopping you.. LMAO....

How hard is the following to comprehend

With regard to India’s contention that it was entitled to restitutio in integrum, its request for the Court to annul the decision of the military court and restrain Pakistan from giving effect to the sentence or conviction, and its further request for the Court to direct Pakistan to take steps to annul the decision of the military court, release Mr. Jadhav and facilitate his safe passage to India, the Court found that the submissions made by India could not be upheld

And to rub it in India has not provided any legal AID despite ICJ verdict..

If it was for "Optics", he would have been better off with a hawkish stand like imran khan.

After all IK is all about style and no substance.

This is more than optics, this is pragmatic behavior. Something that is in short supply in pakistan. (w.r.t foreign policy)

Emotions are bound to get high whenever mention of trade pops up, both sides of the fence have reason not to.

Our feelings about it are sadly exclusive from what economic reason would propose. IMHO trade would act as a stabalising positive force, if it were allowed to reach its logical conclusion.

Hating your dastardly neighbour vs considerations over vastly cheaper resources for the betterment of own people.

It's not going to be easy, but we stand to gain more by following India - China model of tussles which delineates economic and strategic fields to a large extent. It's undeniable that we each posses something that can accutely help and address the others problems.

It's a way out of the spiral we find ourselves in, if nothing else.

My two cents.

Your posts are always appreciated friend.

I agree with this. Shahbaz does not have the political leverage to liberalize trade with India. Imran will simply rail road Shahbaz out of office if there is any compromise with India on anything.

..so then this is a matter of managing sectors on which tariff can be relaxed based on negotiation. It does not make sense to assume that Indian products are of superior quality in all areas. Also, Indian Punjab and Kashmir is where most of trade between India and Pakistan will occur. Both of these are consumption driven debt accumulating states. I think Pakistan has fair chances to compete there. Fear of competition is just tripping loser flag even before the starting line :disagree:

Let me clarify: I do not mean to say that Pakistan will 'greatly benefit' from trade with India and will become prosperous because of it. This is not possible because India is not a rich market like EU/US/China. However, Indian population centers are close to Pakistani population/industrial center. So there will benefit for both parties which should not be dismissed. Most benefit of regional trade comes with logistical efficiencies anyway.
I'm all for improving relationships but so far it seems difficult

Then try him at ICJ you can appeal the verdict who is stopping you.. LMAO....

How hard is the following to comprehend

With regard to India’s contention that it was entitled to restitutio in integrum, its request for the Court to annul the decision of the military court and restrain Pakistan from giving effect to the sentence or conviction, and its further request for the Court to direct Pakistan to take steps to annul the decision of the military court, release Mr. Jadhav and facilitate his safe passage to India, the Court found that the submissions made by India could not be upheld

And to rub it in India has not provided any legal AID despite ICJ verdict..

LOL. How can ICJ free him when he has been CHARGED by the pakistani state for a crime ?

It can only ask for a Free, fair and open trial to PROVE those charges and free if if the prosecution is unable to prove those charges.

Nobody is falling for your pathetic tricks.

Pretty much everybody can see through your attempts.

And this is the SECOND time me explaining the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom