What's new

Pakistan India Alliance ?

True.Disagree the tunnel vision of Pakistan Joining India.We can have Economic-Cultural Cooperation.But ,Sorry No to Merger.It'll break India in many ways than one expect.
The Relation India Shares with Nepal,Bhutan(in future,Sri Lanka too will) Cannot be hold True For Pakistan.the Mindset Differes Way too Much.

By joining India, I meant economic co-operation. I agree there cannot be a merger between India and Pakistan, atleast not in our lifetime.

I know one thing for certain: Future generations of Indians and Pakistanis will look back and wonder: 'What were our forefathers doing' then?
It is obvious to me that the major bone of contention is Kashmir and that is a dispute which can be settled or at least 'shelved' once giving Kashmiris meaningful autonomy without even changing the borders. The 'peace dividends' will be enormous. Even water disputes can be solved. There can be creative ways to converse water, desalination, lining up of canals, smaller dams....
One darn F16 not-bought can save so much.

I dream of a day when a million Indians and Pakistanis will converge on the borders and press their politicians to solve or shelve the disputes and become good neighbors. Don't leave the border without getting concrete things accomplished. I can be done!

Nice thread, it was quiet warming to read from both sides.

There are few things which can be done for now which will really make the difference.

1) Pakistan should give MFN status to India
2) Pakistan should support india for UNSC & and lobby china to support india
3) India should help pakistan resolve issues like Balochistan and FATA if they can.
4) Kashmir voilence should be bought down by both sides free trade should be practiced.
5) Joint military operations
6) Cultural exchanges including study options for students (one year in pakistan one year in india studies should be provided)
7) India should help pakistan to sort out terrorism issues inside pakistan.

There are many things which can be done from the govt side, from the people side ???

1) We should encourage more threads of this sort for people to read it and delete all the hate threads from this forum and other forums will follow the lead.
2) More debates should be done on friendship problem solving levels and forums like this should become a forcing point for govts to make decisions, iam sure there are plenty of media persons in this forum who can actually write articles good ones on the both sides - i mean the small issues like bringing up MFN status in pakistani newspaper most of them time and highlight benefits of it to the normal public.

We have failed to solve Kashmir dispute for the last 63 years is it 'Goras' fault or ours?

No ones fault

Our Politicians know that if Kashmir Issue is solved, neither Pakistan will have any excuse to develop arms and nor India.

A better idea is to move towards a free trade pact and then free movement of goods and people like the EU, this will bring more people out of poverty and increase people to people contact.

There will be no India-pakistan alliance. So kids please.

Mods, please close this thread. :P

It might not be possible to redraw the borders but borders can be made USELESS

Borders does not matter if the relations are good , if Berlin wall can be demolished then PakInd alliance is not a wild dream.

This problems is similar to what China and Japan faces. They like Ind/Pak are in perfect position geographically economically (maybe culturally) to cooperate and become long term allies. BUT like Ind/Pak the amount of historical grievance is massive.

If you guys find a solution here, pass it on to China and Japan (hell... China and any of its neigbours to be honest)

This problems is similar to what China and Japan faces. They like Ind/Pak are in perfect position geographically economically (maybe culturally) to cooperate and become long term allies. BUT like Ind/Pak the amount of historical grievance is massive.

If you guys find a solution here, pass it on to China and Japan (hell... China and any of its neigbours to be honest)

This is the question always on my mind, what is the fundamental problem that divided Pakistan and India beside the religion. Even religion is not the primiry concern. In this day and age no one is born to hate one another, but in this forum I started to believe so. Could it be media's fault? Maybe. But then who told the media to brew such hatre among its own people. Could it be those politicians? Maybe, but then again what their intentions are for this which will bring its people nothing good out of it in the long run? Even if everyone needs a enemy, but why can't they look farther beyond its vision across the ocean, and find who is the one that exploited them and their land in the past?

The case for China and Japan is quite different though. Personally I think people in China have their share of burden as well for this uneasy relationship between Japan and China. I have more to say about this issue, but not at this moment since it is going to be really really long.

Last edited:
Pakistan n India MUST be like China against the West...... China is now very stiff competitor against the West..... it is very tough against Australia, USA, UK, etc... but Pakistan's govt likes to lick USA's a$$ the whole time n same for India to some extent.....so when we stop being influenced by West who want money by selling us weapons, then we can have a proper alliance....

India should also stop making a mini Cold war in south Asia, like with SL, BD, nepal, etc, India is always thinking Pakistan wants influence there but really it is just for economic reason nothing else......

I would really like and welcome an Pak-India alliance bcoz that will benefit whole of south Asia and Asia...... both Pakistan and India are very strong countries and also China and if all three go together then whole of Europe and North America will piss in their pants !! Asia will basically rule the world !! :) :pakistan:

Why just India-Pak we should include all of S.Asia then we would be a massive economic block like the EU.

Europe had two world wars before they could sort their differences.

True. And my favorite philosopher F. Nietzsche had predicted in 19th century the two major wars before unity would come to Europe 'within next 50 years'.

But Pakistan and India do not have to go that route. Indeed, despite all the hostility and wars the Indian-Pakistani military conflicts have not been the 'total wars' like the West has seen. There is quite a nasty blog by an American journalist where he calls the Indian-Pakistani mortar duels as 'cowards' and sissies/$ussies. Well, better be $ussy than to wage wars like the Europeans did (and may do again>

Probably that is because, deep down, there is a consensus that issues are going to be resolved, and that 'the pie' is large enough for all to eat, and that having unstable, destroyed nation right next door is no good. Even during Kargil both sides managed to show enough civility and respect to the dead. There are no mass graves. No forced expulsions, even in Indian-held Kashmir. No attempts to change demographics by India in Kashmir.

I have had it with these 'meetings' of diplomats, most of whom are predicted to fail and don't reveal more than what the media already tell. Why can't there be some 'real' discussion about the issues of water-rights between India and Pakistan? Why can't there be some in-depth studies with real $ figures about what the inevitable peace-dividend going to bring to the Sub-continent? India and Pakistan are both retarding the potential of S. Asian region and must find a way to at least establish a 'detente'. And if for that to happen, in my opinion, people on both sides need to be better informed about the 'cost' of the conflict and the lost opportunities.

This is one of the very few threads, that I see both Pakistan and India uniting as one, it really touch my heart. I salute to all those Indians out there who favor friendship with Pakistan!

Jai Hind
Pakistan Zindabad

1465.gif
:pakistan:

Wow.. Even though this is a very old thread, I think it is worth reviving it. This is one of the rarest thread that both Indians and Pakistanis agree with each other 100%.

I'am happy to see the Indian and Pakistani flag flying togather with a friendly gesture.

Let the Peace prevail upon all of us.

Back
Top Bottom