What's new

Pakistan in talks for J-10 & have ordered KJ 2000?

Which Fighter is best for Pakistan to counter Rafale J-10B/C or J-11D ?

• J-10B/C

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • J-11D

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pakistan is also about to purchase some F-35s.. I read it on the back of a Shahi Supari box
We would go for J-10 B I think after Rafale we would go for them and J-10 B was reported by Janes not some page only

According to a page which has often proved to be quite authetic is saying that Pakistan is again in talks with China for J-10B. And another which is also being reported is that Pakistan may also have got KJ-2000. This if true is great but I personally don't believe this.
@Dazzler @Stealth @fatman17
Did't Pakistan abandon this project??? and i think the funds were diverted to 5th Gen. J-31 or J-20........

So Last week
PAF are in negotiating to spend $ billion plus dollars to buy FRENCH AVIONICS and missles . There is a 50 page thread running on this by over 100 pdf POSTERS as we speak.
Today
we have a order for J10B and new SAM with 8 pages and 100 PLUS POSTS.
Mean while we have even longer threads on buying J31 fifth gen fighters.
Some other posters are talking about 150 PLUS F16 from across the world with upgrades planned with turkey.
That's a lot of buying that PAF are about to make
lets not forget the 3 or 4 additional awacs arriving in another thread.
I THNK ONE poster said now that india was ditching rafale that PAF would buy some of these.
LAST MONTH we had the article PAF buying the UAE MIRAGE2000-9 as well

You people have some serious funds lately to get rid of 300 F7 & mirages .. VERY quickly I think

god help the Indians

J-10 is too big and can be easily out maneuvered.

What?? :o:

Are you serious??

It can out maneuver many advance jet in good hands as it is a unstable design.

Sooner or later PAF will go for a "Delta Wing". Whether Ex-Mirages from some Gulf country or Chinese J10-B/C.
JF17 is a replacement for A5s or F7P but it is not a match for High Altitude, High Loads capacity of Mirage-V

If M-5 can carry more load then JF-17s then why more heavy weapons (AShM etc) are carried by the later one then the earlier one??

Dassault Mirage V - CombatAircraft.com

J-10 is too big and can be easily out maneuvered.

The same fighter that defeated the J-11A with a 13:1 ratio during mock dogfights? That's quite a rash assertion.

J-11b is what they are interested in.

It's not going to happen, mostly because (1) SAC cannot build these jets fast enough to keep up with both the PLAAF's demand and PAF's demand, especially when it is also switching gears to build the J-15 and J-16, and (2) SAC may have agreed not to export them in light of its airframe being based on the Flanker fuselage.

The same fighter that defeated the J-11A with a 13:1 ratio during mock dogfights? That's quite a rash assertion.

It's not going to happen, mostly because (1) SAC cannot build these jets fast enough to keep up with both the PLAAF's demand and PAF's demand, especially when it is also switching gears to build the J-15 and J-16, and (2) SAC may have agreed not to export them in light of its airframe being based on the Flanker fuselage.

your first point can be valid but second may not be, as China have sold copies before too.

I don't think so, see whats reported in today's FT.
Pakistani officials say that despite Mr Xi’s absence from the parade, important symbols of China’s foothold will be on display. China has helped build the JF-17 fighters that are positioned to become the country’s main second-line fighter, while discussions are continuing on Beijing’s future sale of a batch of FC-31 stealth fighter.

Other areas of collaboration have included China’s supply of four new frigates and talks continue on the sale of six submarines. Taken together, these items form the bulk of Pakistan’s military arsenal.

The FC-31 (yes, the official name of the fighter) is undergoing a major redesign, with a new prototype rumored for this year; some upgrades deduced from the model shown at the 2014 Zhuhai Airshow implies that it will adopt cropped planforms, single piece canopy, EOTS, upgraded engine nozzles, redesigned vertical stabilizer, and other changes.

The FC-31 (yes, the official name of the fighter) is undergoing a major redesign, with a new prototype rumored for this year; some upgrades deduced from the model shown at the 2014 Zhuhai Airshow implies that it will adopt cropped planforms, single piece canopy, EOTS, upgraded engine nozzles, redesigned vertical stabilizer, and other changes.

This is what China Displayed last year as J-31 (2.0 version) at their air show.
FC-31 v2.0a.jpg
FC-31 v2.0.jpg

your first point can be valid but second may not be, as China have sold copies before too.

Hi Basel, I can see where the confusion may be coming from. The "older copies" that you refer to, namely the J-7/J-6/J-5, have been produced under license from the Soviet Union. The J-11B on the other hand is the pure brainchild of SAC, without any Sukhoi/KnAAPO input, and hence Russia was quite upset with the appearance thereof. Now, since the technologies on the J-11B are wholly different from that of the Flanker series, SAC technically has the right to sell them. However, Beijing may be more circumspect when it comes to managing Sino-Russian relations and might have blocked the deal.

This is what China Displayed last year as J-31 (2.0 version) at their air show.View attachment 205924 View attachment 205925

Yes; although the second prototype may not have all the bells and whistles seen on this mockup, this is essentially what SAC forsees their final product to look like (barring the prospect of any further modifications, of course).

Hi Basel, I can see where the confusion may be coming from. The "older copies" that you refer to, namely the J-7/J-6/J-5, have been produced under license from the Soviet Union. The J-11B on the other hand is the pure brainchild of SAC, without any Sukhoi/KnAAPO input, and hence Russia was quite upset regarding the apperance thereof. Now, since the technologies on the J-11B are wholly different from that of the Flanker series, SAC technically has the right to sell them. However, Beijing may be more circumspect when it comes to managing Sino-Russian relations and might have blocked the deal.

Did Russia allowed China so sale license produced jet like J-5/6/7??

Did Russia allowed China so sale license produced jet like J-5/6/7??

The sales of the J-5/J-6/J-7 to numerous nations in Africa/ME is implicit of that, yes.

IMO simply the new ZDK-03 AEW/C-aircraft !

Wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan becomes interested in the KJ-500 (the Y-8-based equivalent of the KJ-2000).

The sales of the J-5/J-6/J-7 to numerous nations in Africa/ME is implicit of that, yes.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan becomes interested in the KJ-500 (the Y-8-based equivalent of the KJ-2000).

No, its not, until you come up with evidence that Russia allowed it.

You should use the space inside both of ears wisely and try to understand the meaning. He isn't saying there is NO development, he is saying, there is no time for development. Meaning, he is setting expectations for people to know that his government is dealing with a LOT of issues, with regards to terrorism, violence and all, and he may not be able to deliver everything per the expectation.
Its not that hard to understand what you can find many threads on this very forum, showing you the "Actual progress" being made, and the pictures showing you every project's current status!!

Back
Top Bottom