What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

The only major difference between these and turkish ships will likely be the weapons. The US isnt going to release RAM and i highly doubt PN wants to use Harpoon on these (they are probably ending the shelf life and are inferior to the missiles PN has available to it). The AShM is almost certain to Harbah. The air defense system is up in the air.

1. They could pull a phalanx off the retiring type-21s, or use another CIWS (Type 730/1130, AK630, ect), but that is not very confidence inspiring. The type 730/1130 can be equioed with 6 HQ-10/FL-3000N missiles.

2.They could use FL-3000N which would make a reasonable replacement for RAM.

3.Use the Pantsir-ME which uses the dual 30mm gatling guns from Kashtan, and intergates 8 Pantsir-57E6-E missiles (20km range). This would be the way i would go.
Without RAM these are sitting ducks for turkey shot! ..even with RAM they are highly varenrable ..better buy 2 with defences than four

All 4 will be inducted by 2022

All 4 type 54a+ will be inducted by 2021

4 of the 8 subs will be inducted by 2022
It is not certain yet, but most probably the Turkish type FAC corvettes second operator will be PN. In addition, STM continues the design activities for the replacement of Cosmos MG110s with new generation vehicles.

- 10-month detailed design process starts for PN Milgem Corvettes which will be customized for PN needs.
- Military Factories and Shipyards Management Inc ( Asfat AS) bid for two patrol boats.
- TCG Alemdar concept proposed for PN's rescue vessel tender.

Last edited:

I am a little confused as to what the PN spokesperson is saying in this clip about the Milgem Class frigate.
He is basically saying that 3 of the 4 will be built in Turkey but we are going to gain the propriety rights to the design of the ship and the 4th ship, and the first of Jinnah Class, will be a Pakistani design.

So if I am hearing this correctly, it would be a modified design or just the flag ship among the Milgem frigates?

I am a little confused as to what the PN spokesperson is saying in this clip about the Milgem Class frigate.
He is basically saying that 3 of the 4 will be built in Turkey but we are going to gain the propriety rights to the design of the ship and the 4th ship, and the first of Jinnah Class, will be a Pakistani design.

So if I am hearing this correctly, it would be a modified design or just the flag ship among the Milgem frigates?
That's basically what I was told, 4th ship is a bigger deal, but to what extent I wasn't told. That said, it is NOT I-Class.

- 10-month detailed design process starts for PN Milgem Corvettes which will be customized for PN needs.
- Military Factories and Shipyards Management Inc ( Asfat AS) bid for two patrol boats.
- TCG Alemdar concept proposed for PN's rescue vessel tender.

There are some comments below the tweet, can you please translate those comments here as well?

means the first 3 are in design phase, 2 will be built in Turkey, one in Pakistan. 4th one will be a new Pakistani design. this suggests that we are going to procure more ships in future of Pakistani design. Good news.

This simply indicates 3 are Istanbul class Corvettes and the 4th is TF-100 Frigate AKA Jinnah Class

Query.jpg

That's basically what I was told, 4th ship is a bigger deal, but to what extent I wasn't told. That said, it is NOT I-Class.
Maybe a similar path we took for azmat class FAC ? I won't expect much difference in original ada and Pakistani design but some Chinese or s.african systems may inducted .

Back
Top Bottom