What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

The cost of 1 is $260 million. I think they will go up to max $2 billion for 4 ships including weapons and all options. Plus the anti air system for Pakistani ships will be different.
That's too much for weapons. The options should be included in base price of 260.

I doubt 4 ada even with transfer will cost 5 Billion dollars it’s more expansive then freedom class

No way

Fully agree. Tech transfer of what? ship building?

Agreed and the excess money should be spent on your education.

What option you valued at $250 million? and the option less ship for $250... than some thing is not right!

Our minister doesn't know how much agriculture export we do, so take his statements with a grain of salt.

What option you valued at $250 million?

The cost is $260 million and this cost only includes the Ship the weapons system come above that cost. like the ADA uses American Anti-Air system will USA might not allow so Pakistan will go for some other system like Italian German UK Russian or Chinese the systems that can be installed in that Ship and so on. Now the anti ship missile system will be Pakistani domestic missile so that will save us that cost.

I doubt 4 ada even with transfer will cost 5 Billion dollars it’s more expansive then freedom class

No way

That 5 billion figure likely involves other weapons like atak helis plus other stuff in a single package

Nobody said that contract is for $5billion. Can we stop talking about this $5billion thing please? Why people throwed that rock here in first place o_O

Agreed there is no mention of $5 billion ant where lol this is a stray rock. The cost cannot cross $2 billion. If Pakistan is buying the ships worth $5 billion than it is not Milgem class but airship carrier.

https://www.yenisafak.com/gundem/milgemde-5-milyar-dolarlik-ihracat-3356070

Defence misister already said it will be 5 billion dollar export.4 milgem cost 1 billion.I think rest of it is for transfer of tech.

This jornalist says 4th milgem will be joint project ofturkey and pakistan and pakistan and turkey will re-desing milgem and its all rights will belong to pakistan.
I think 5 billion is total deal i.e. t129 milgem submarine upgradation and weapons

if that is the deal cost I presume that its tf100 at least not the corvette class. Cause Azmat Fulfills role of corvette and missile boats.

Fully agree. Tech transfer of what? ship building?

What option you valued at $250 million? and the option less ship for $250... than some thing is not right!
TOT?
It is the best way for both party to get easy money in the name of TOT

For hardware, there is Easy price comparison
But, what is the price of TOT?
:yahoo:

Last edited:
I do not claim certain things as long as they are not proven by official sources but It is being given like that. If 4th Milgem that Pakistan will construct, will be re-designed frigate variant of corvettes (similar approach like Istanbul class), It will certainly be included some VLS units and Construction will follow with addition orders. Until this time, Turkish domestic VL units with national SAM missiles will also be operational on those ships without any restrictions. The current roadway may envisage such a timeline to benefit the national development programs to add strategic values into those ships without affected by outside pressures step by step.

As i understand, PN follows the same strategy as Turkish Navy in Milgem project, all were planned as corvettes, later became 4 corvettes and the rest as frigates.

It seems PN wants to integrate some indigenous sub-systems, also Turkish SAMs to dodge restriction and limitation.

All in all, The sign means more than 4 corvettes, a long term strategy and also a challenge against her own industry and engineers.

I do not claim certain things as long as they are not proven by official sources but It is being given like that. If 4th Milgem that Pakistan will construct, will be re-designed frigate variant of corvettes (similar approach like Istanbul class), It will certainly be included some VLS units and Construction will follow with addition orders. Until this time, Turkish domestic VL units with national SAM missiles will also be operational on those ships without any restrictions. The current roadway may envisage such a timeline to benefit the national development programs to add strategic values into those ships without affected by outside pressures step by step.

Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom