What's new

Pakistan in South Africa 2013: Pakistan win series in thrilling finish

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It was much needed victory for pakistan

Junaid Khan defended nine runs off the final over to ensure Pakistan secured a first ever bilateral ODI series win over South Africa

In a rain-reduced affair, which was curtailed to 45-overs a side, Ahmed Shehzad's century provided Pakistan with a challenging total of 262

South Africa looked well set to chase it down, courtesy Hashim Amla and AB de Villiers, before Junaid's yorkers clinched the match

1459944_676715629016131_1171750607_n.jpg

It was much needed victory for pakistan
Misbah is a defensive captain even in this match we saw his captaincy.. This win is good for short term but bad for long term as Misbah will remain captain till 2015 and we will lose all matches due to defensive mindset..

Misbah is a defensive captain even in this match we saw his captaincy.. This win is good for short term but bad for long term as Misbah will remain captain till 2015 and we will lose all matches due to defensive mindset..
Same could be said about SA that they lost their matches because of defensive approach

11 needed from 12 balls with 6 wickets remaining and they lost it even when they got all good batsman and bowlers playing

Its actually luck factor as well. We went very close in two matches in abu Dubai which we should have won but got collapsed and now its SA turn as luck is not in their favor

Congrats to the Pakistani team for the winning the first ever ODI series against RSA.
Well played guys .... some new talent coming up for guys to look forward to.

Congrats to the Pakistani team for the winning the first ever ODI series against RSA.
Well played guys .... some new talent coming up for guys to look forward to.
Bilawal or anwar ali could be good all rounder if they get some good professional assitance

Bilawal or anwar ali could be good all rounder if they get some good professional assitance
New talent must be nurtured, look at India .. Jadeja and Rohit Sharma were tried for I don't know how long before they started firing for us. I hope these both players won't get lost somewhere.

South Africa just don't want to let go of that C tag!
It was an interesting match though, and for a change, Pakistan clawed their way back after looking out of the contest.

I think Bilawal is good but Anwar Ali bowling is not cutting edge, he is 'Halwa' bowler.
Anwar ali was man of the match in his first international match(Ist ODI) where he took two crucial wickets and scored highest 43 runs on slow pitch where even proper batsmans were struggling to score Runs. He got the talent and he may improve his bowling after gaining more international exposure. watched his outstanding performance in U19 world cup

[video]
[/video]

New talent must be nurtured, look at India .. Jadeja and Rohit Sharma were tried for I don't know how long before they started firing for us. I hope these both players won't get lost somewhere.

I will look forward clash of India vs SA after third ODI on Saturday . It will be good competition of bat and ball

Last edited:
Glad to see Umar Amin get a chance today, although yet again he didn't deliver. I reckon he needs time.

Back
Top Bottom