What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

Good work by Umer Akmal. If it was me.. i would have done the same shot. It must be mind exploding experience for him. But welcome to the team of fearful and rejects.

Undoubtedly a great performance by him .. at once he was leading the Match ...But this experience would make him even more mature batsman ..

man this can be oly done by australia
all out for 127 in first innings
who thought tey will end up wining the match

only by australia, what did they do???, hussie was dropped on 16 by kemran..

did u remember the last pak srilanka series, pakistan were even worse then.

Autralia wod have been defeated by an innings if one out of those 4 catches of hussey would have been taken ... Poor work by the wicket keeper ...!

batsmen have always let down the team, its like pakistan team is a team of bowlers, bowlers are responsible to bowl obviously, but they are also supposed to bat???????????????????????, wtf

Yousuf backs Kamran despite drops | Cricket News | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

"Things like this happen in cricket," Yousuf said. "Kamran is always trying his best. You tell me, how can we afford to give him a rest? He is such a good batsman. He scored well in New Zealand and we need him here."

Until Tuesday Akmal had had a relatively tidy time behind the stumps since 2009, and considerably improved from the dip in form he suffered between 2006 and 2008. He was dropped for the Asia Cup in 2008, replaced by Sarfraz Ahmed, but his batting has always kept the door open for him.

"The best thing to do is to back your players when the going gets tough," Yousuf said. "Look at Ricky Ponting. He is getting support from every quarter even when he is not scoring many runs or on the toss decision."

Despite Akmal's fluffs, Pakistan ended the third day in a strong position with the possibility of chasing a low total for a first Test win in and against Australia since 1995-96. "It only ends when it ends," Yousuf said. "When a team like Australia is involved you can't predict anything. It would be great to finally win a Test against Australia."

Yousuf backup support on Akmal and bought Misbah to the team. NO EXCUSE!! ****. That's easy to chase target early if Kamran caught properly on Hussey Four timess!

yusuf is a sh.it regarding his captaincy and now hes too old to play games, its time to give cap to shahid and let him make the decisions, i am sure he will not let monopoly of misbah and kemran pollute the team. they are useless now, kemran was useless from the beginning.

You cannot win with people like Faisal Iqbal and Misbah-ul-haq in the team as for now. Imran Farhat, Salman Butt, and Shoaib Malik are from the same mold.

You also cannot blame M. Yousuf.. he simply aint for the job. The question is the one who gave him the job..is qualified for giving such a job?

Shame... Shame... Shame... and more shame.

Everyone here is cursing.

@Developereo

If it ain't Australia, than let it be these good for nothing Pak team.

KIT Over

I feel like crying...

Kamran should be dropped as a keeper...we always become greedy that a keeper should be a batsman.
Rashid Latif was a much better keeper than Moin Khan but Moin was always praised for his hard hitting and was popular choice of board whereas a much more solid keeper Rashid was kept in and out of the team...this has always been one weakness of planning we are guilty of since i have been following cricket.
We need a keeper who is a good keeper...even if his batting is average, he should hold on to the catches...

Asim Kamal deserves a recall...

I guess winning a test leave alone a series in Australia is not possible for our team with such poor application and concentration.
Maybe this also has to do with the fact that Test cricket has always been ignored by our board.
The resulting impact on quality is quite disturbing.

`Australianism' means single-minded determination to win - to win within the laws, but if necessary, to the last limit within them. It means that where the `impossible' is within the realm of what the human body can do, there are Australians who believe that they can do it - and who have succeeded often enough to make us wonder if anything is impossible to them. It means they have never lost a match - particularly a Test match - until the last run is scored or their last wicket has fallen."

yea, thats what the Australian cricket team stands for .. seen it all with Mcgrath, Warne, Hayden, Gilly & Langer and seen it without them as well. Cheers to their ferociousness :cheers:

Bad luck Pakistan :angry: 11th straight loss against Australia.

Pakistan lost because of their wicket keeper. You can't afford to give a player like Hussey 4 chances!! Any total over 150 in the fourth innings is difficult, Pakistan should not have allowed the lead to cross 100. Having said that, Pakistani batsmen should have gotten the total.

Asim Kamal deserves a recall...

Agreed with this, he was a good keeper and batsmen, what happened to him?

Back
Top Bottom