What's new

Featured Pakistan identifies major cyber-attack by Indian Intelligence Agencies: ISPR

We need a dedicated Branch of military for cyber security there are already nations in this world who have employed tens of thousands just for their cyber security we are way behind in this field.

I repeat, we need cyber force. And a very very real one.

You do know well enough that we started discussing ideas last year.

Insecure souls are way desperate to show some muscles by stealing things as such which is in-fact their way of moral especially since being trained by Susraelis as how to do it. Delhi Call Center scammers think that they are good with other jobs but they fails miserably and gives themselves away every time. We lost few personal accounts previously on SM for reporting since they couldn't get through.

We still have a long way to go on Cyber domain with offensive capabilities...defensive, YES!!

If I am getting right you can have ears of those who can do something about it, there was a private discussion between few people including yours truly here on pdf which tried to analyse and come up with some ideas, although I did send some ideas along the same lines to my course mates in PN, but its PA and PAF which have the strength and resources. You can pick that discussion up in the private area if interested of course.

DAWN.COM
TODAY'S PAPER | AUGUST 12, 2020

• Indian cyber attack targeting gadgets of govt officials, military personnel identified: ISPR[/paste:font]
    Naveed SiddiquiUpdated 12 Aug 2020
    Facebook Count
    Twitter Share

5f33e6e25484d.jpg

The Pakistan Army has enhanced necessary measure to thwart such activities including action against violators of standard operating procedures on cyber security, the ISPR statement added. — AFP/File

The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Wednesday said that Pakistan's intelligence agencies had identified a major cyber attack by Indian intelligence agencies, targeting the mobile phones and gadgets of government officials and military personnel.

In a statement, the military's media affairs wing said that the cyber attack involved a "range of cyber crimes, including deceitful fabrication, by hacking the personal mobiles and technical gadgets of government officials and military personnel".

The statement added that various targets of "hostile intelligence agencies" were being investigated. Pakistan Army has enhanced necessary measures to thwart such activities, including action against violators of standard operating procedures on cyber security, it added.

"An advisory is also being sent to all government departments/ institutions for identifying lapses and enhancing respective cyber security measures," the ISPR said.

On July 26, Pakistan Army troops had shot down an Indian spying quadcopter in Pandu sector along the Line of Control (LoC).

"The quadcopter had intruded 200 metres on Pakistan’s side of the LoC," ISPR Director General Major General Babar Iftikhar had said in a tweet, adding that this was the tenth Indian quadcopter to be shot down by Pakistan Army troops this year.
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1574034/i...-officials-military-personnel-identified-ispr

there was a state sponsored attack on one of the PDF's OSINT team member too, this happened recently & we were able to trace it back to Indian servers run by Govt department....pathetic losers....
Sir sorry to reply , Recent Dawn News hack for some time and now ISPR warning and 14th August around the corner please make special arrangements to secure Pakistan Defence website and Social media accounts esp Youtube and Facebook .

Sir sorry to reply , Recent Dawn News hack for some time and now ISPR warning and 14th August around the corner please make special arrangements to secure Pakistan Defence website and Social media accounts esp Youtube and Facebook .
it was an attempt on hacking personal account...let me see if we can parade them naked here .... Name & Shame for noob attempt...

Good job by the officials to detect the malware breach, Hindutva's are clearly frustrated, Pakistan needs to remain vigilant.

Mobile phones and apps are big security risk.

Army shud look into issuing own phones with own operating system
Whenever installing an app I always check the developer details, never install if its some indian sounding name or location. Also avoid big apples such as FB, Google etc and use more and more open source softwares

Last two weeks I have warned about such attack in my posts on different threads.
Now you know.

Secondly, as I have said it before, we should be on guard for a cyber attack on our important installations including nuclear installation.
These attacks are only matter of time. Mark my words.

Indian cyber attack targeting gadgets of govt officials, military personnel identified: ISPR

Naveed Siddiqui
12 Aug 2020

5f33e6e25484d.jpg

The Pakistan Army has enhanced necessary measure to thwart such activities including action against violators of standard operating procedures on cyber security, the ISPR statement added. — AFP/File

The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Wednesday said that Pakistan's intelligence agencies had identified a major cyber attack by Indian intelligence agencies, targeting the mobile phones and gadgets of government officials and military personnel.

In a statement, the military's media affairs wing said that the cyber attack involved a "range of cyber crimes, including deceitful fabrication, by hacking the personal mobiles and technical gadgets of government officials and military personnel".

The statement added that various targets of "hostile intelligence agencies" were being investigated. Pakistan Army has enhanced necessary measures to thwart such activities, including action against violators of standard operating procedures on cyber security, it added.

"An advisory is also being sent to all government departments/ institutions for identifying lapses and enhancing respective cyber security measures," the ISPR said.

On July 26, Pakistan Army troops had shot down an Indian spying quadcopter in Pandu sector along the Line of Control (LoC).

"The quadcopter had intruded 200 metres on Pakistan’s side of the LoC," ISPR Director General Major General Babar Iftikhar had said in a tweet, adding that this was the tenth Indian quadcopter to be shot down by Pakistan Army troops this year.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1574034/i...-officials-military-personnel-identified-ispr

Senior officials advised to stop using WhatsApp

In March this year, the federal government had issued directives to the provincial governments to ban the use of social networking apps citing threats of cyber attacks by foreign intelligence agencies.

A letter issued by the National Telecom and Information Technology Security Board, Cabinet Division, Government of Pakistan, titled ‘Ban on use of WhatsApp and likewise means for sharing of official letter and Information’, reads, “It has been reported that hostile intelligence agencies have developed technical capabilities and means to gain access to sensitive information stored in mobile phones of officials of government departments, institutions, and ministers in the country.

“These spyware companies are using hacking softwares and applications such as ‘Chat Line’ and ‘Pegasus’ malware on WhatsApp account of target mobile phones (IOS and Android) to gain access to sensitive information stored on mobile phones. The malware is capable to infect any mobile phone (IOS and Android) only by generating missed call on target WhatsApp number.

“This “Pegasus” malware has infected approximately 1400 senior government and military officials in twenty countries including Pakistan. Hostile spyware companies such as Israel-based NSO Group have been sued by WhatsApp and Facebook in the US Court of San Francisco for violating both US and California laws as well as the WhatsApp Terms of Service.”

Furthermore, senior government officials holding sensitive portfolios and dealing with national security matters were said to have been advised to avoid sharing information on WhatsApp and upgrade the application to the latest version.

“All mobile phones purchased prior to May10, 2019 be immediately replaced.”

Back
Top Bottom