What's new

Pakistan has unleashed a deadly new force upon India

Wait I just checked, it made 16 crore in the first week. That's half of what any of the top actor's movies make in one day. Talk about overreaction. :lol:

Boxoffice

Top actors movies in india are made of 70-100 crores indian rupees and then they are screened on large number of screens due to the capital involved in making of those mega films. The films like khoobsorat are second tier films that are made with an investment of 15-30 crores and due to the limited budget of the movie are also released in far far few screens in cinemas. The level of success is then determined by multiple factor the actual business that movie achieves in cinemas, the price got from selling music rights as well as satellite rights and overseas releases. It is absolutely meaningless to compare mega films with films like khoobsurat. The khoobsurat film has done pretty well (despite a new comer in the lead) and at par with another release of dawat e ishq which is also a second tier movie. It is a hit movie in its weight category. Films also have their own weight categories like boxing with mega films falling in heavy weight category and second tier films like khoobsurat falling in light weight category with respect to investment involved in these projects.

Top actors movies in india are made of 70-100 crores indian rupees and then they are screened on large number of screens due to the capital involved in making of those mega films. The films like khoobsorat are second tier films that are made with an investment of 15-30 crores and due to the limited budget of the movie are also released in far far few screens in cinemas. The level of success is then determined by multiple factor the actual business that movie achieves in cinemas, the price got from selling music rights as well as satellite rights and overseas releases. It is absolutely meaningless to compare mega films with films like khoobsurat. The khoobsurat film has done pretty well (despite a new comer in the lead) and at par with another release of dawat e ishq which is also a second tier movie. It is a hit movie in its weight category. Films also have their own weight categories like boxing with mega films falling in heavy weight category and second tier films like khoobsurat falling in light weight category with respect to investment involved in these projects.

The point I was trying to make is that there is no hysteria about the lead actor and not whether the movie is a success or failure.

Budget 12 crore, already have made 35 crore. I guess we should expect another Fawad film soon. Anyway no idea why these stupid fucks are comparing Khoobsurat boxoffice with salman, amir or srk movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoobsurat_(2014_film)

Budget 12 crore, already have made 35 crore. I guess we should expect another Fawad film soon. Anyway no idea why these stupid fucks are comparing Khoobsurat boxoffice with salman, amir or srk movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoobsurat_(2014_film)

I have noticed that many people don't understand the mechanics of movie making and categories of investment involved. Consider the following examples,

Film name ............ Kick
Lead .........................Salman khan
Budget .................. ... 100 crores
Box office collection....... 360 crores
Box office/Budget ratio...... 3.6

Film name ................ Ashiqui 2
Lead............................ new comers
Budget.......................... 9 crores
box office ...................... 110 crores
box office / budget ratio........... 12.22

Now eventhough Kick on paper is a bigger hit from box office collections in terms of absolute return but in real terms the Ashiqui 2 is far far bigger profit making enterprise since it returned 12 rupees for every 1 ruppe invested on it where as kick was able to return only 3.6 rupees on every 1 rupee invested on it.

Last edited:
I simply love this dick measuring contest (not to mention who's fairer) between Indians and Pakistanis! :D

First time I saw Shahruk in Movie I thought he would be a flop hero but when I saw him act I said he can act
However , certainly Pakistani if he is from Peshawar
His father is from Peshawar & not Shahrukh. Shahrukh is certainly a Indian & not a Pakistani.Let me know how many times he has visited Peshawar after becoming a film star,not even once. Every time he comes out with some other excuse. It seems Shahrukh has abandoned his roots.Shahrukh call himself a Punjabi Phatan.

Hmmmmm....... you sure you able to satisfy every denomination of women? If not, never laugh, because usually women have the last laugh. On the other hand if you were a really decent person, most women would just get turned on by your touch.

Do I need to say more?

After this revelation by BBC there is no need for such contest BBC News - Condoms 'too big' for Indian men

I have noticed that many people don't understand the mechanics of movie making and categories of investment involved. Consider the following examples,

Film name ............ Kick
Lead .........................Salman khan
Budget .................. ... 100 crores
Box office collection....... 360 crores
Box office/Budget ratio...... 3.6

Film name ................ Ashiqui 2
Lead............................ new comers
Budget.......................... 9 crores
box office ...................... 110 crores
box office / budget ratio........... 12.22

Now eventhough Kick on paper is a bigger hit from box office collections in terms of absolute return but in real terms the Ashiqui 2 is far far bigger profit making enterprise since it returned 12 rupees for every 1 ruppe invested on it where as kick was able to return only 3.6 rupees on every 1 rupee invested on it.

You are right but based on numbers presented by you Kick Made 260 crore and other movie did 100 crore.

View attachment 92116

Pakistan has unleashed a deadly new force upon India that has caused many Indian women — young and old — to lose their minds. Its name is Fawad Afzal Khan, currently the most wanted man in India, thanks to his Bollywood debut Khoobsurat opposite Sonam Kapoor.

As Vikram Singh Rathore, Fawad plays Prince Charming and quite effortlessly at that (Sonam Kapoor in the film asks him if he was a frog before).

Well-mannered to a fault, Fawad goes about his business with Notting Hill-Hugh Grant-like awkward charm, flashing his dimple or a half with impeccable timing, his perfectly wind-coiffed hair and a four-o-clock shadow for a stubble completing the picture of the ridiculously good-looking boy next door you never had.

But then Pakistan is next door. And the Pakistani prime-time TV star who got India hooked to the much acclaimed Zindagi Gulzar Hai is the new Khan in B-Town.

By the time we track him down, Fawad has already left for Pakistan post-release. Over email, he tells us: “It’s an honour and privilege to represent Pakistan internationally. Films are probably just one tool but a powerful one” to build bridges and foster love.

He refuses to divulge details of crazy fan encounters though. “Fans in both India and Pakistan have been extremely supportive and expressive in many ways and I wouldn’t want to label anything as a crazy experience. Whatever form of appreciation I have received so far has been truly humbling for me.”

Maybe it is too early for him to even think about moving base to India with a promising career ahead in Bollywood but he says India is becoming a second home. “India certainly is the closest to home. In her short visits during the promotions, my wife also felt the same. However, the decision to move has many more considerations. We are all well rooted in Pakistan and leaving behind parents and siblings and friends that you have grown up with is certainly not an easy decision.”

He’s not too sure what exactly women like about him. “Honestly, this is a research I would like to conduct as well,” he says, adding a smiley. “Women in Pakistan have been equally kind in extending their love and appreciation. It is quite overwhelming and intimidating at times. A big shout out to all the lovely ladies who have given me the confidence and encouragement to come this far. It was definitely not possible without them.”

A new Khan takes Bollywood by storm - The Hindu

Nobody in India Know who this guy is.

Whats with the insecurity...if you don't know the guy drum bja k announce krne k kya zarurat h???

Back
Top Bottom