What's new

Pakistan has the worst economy in Asia-Pacific region: Report

In this region, China is the fastest no doubt. India is second no doubt. Now coming to smaller nations Bd is doing an awsome job. The democratic seeds they had sown are now showing fruits this nation will soon be a soft power of the region. Afghan on back of natural resources can achieve high growth for decades to come and they are now getting into serious business, leaving past behind. Only Pak is left and I don't count Pak as a small nation. They will top 250 milllion by decade end. This nation has huge potential but confused people. Sorry but thats what I can say.

Dude in my post I gave you hard facts and numbers and expect that from you, and I am sorry for being arrogant in that.
Now you say Pakistan has auto manufacturing. Tell me how much is total production then we can talk.
I agree you rails and electricity sector is destroyed by corruption. Tell me one company in Pakistan that can manufacture even the most basic turbines for power generation. I don't think they can. While Indian BHEL has export order book of 10 billion$ right now.

Now if Pakistan enjoyed good living standards 30 yrs ago, good for them but what about you??? I am from delhi do you think living in Lahore or Karachi you are living a better life than me?? You serious?? Even in 2nd and 3rd ties cities we have better airports and roads you will have in a while from now.

karachi airport the troubles financial capital of Pak
Lol look at how big this building is ;)
201291892545_samaa_tv.jpg

Now this is the mumbai airport, you see the difference:
Build it Bigger - Mumbai Airport - YouTube

Well then I give it to you guys that you have roads. But roads par cars to foreign hain ;).

Come on dude again you starting di*k Measuring contest here now :S except Metro train what lahore dont have like delhi ? metro bus is going to be operational soon metro train will come up the day economy got stable new projects will jump in ...

what makes you think living standard of delhi is better than that of lahore ?? should i take down islamabad capital city for comparison or you would like lahore only for it ???

and about last part dude its good you are running your own manufactured cars every country have its own industry and expertise what you wana show by comparing india with pakistan ?? :S

Compare the population of india and Pakistan And their Aiports, I think Our airports are bigger enough to handle the traffic!

Lol seriously bro?? Your airports are decades old and need replacement. You need development in every sector. There no such thing as big enough or good enough.

Pakistan railway is different department it have its own budget and system roads n highways have nothing to do with it ,,, railway is destroyed by this govt previous govt gave them railway in surplus and in musharaf era PR was planning for a project of bullet train from lahore to rawalpindi its just matter of good governance dear

Both comes under federal government so they set priority to allot funds. I was reading an article which says some Asian countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Cambodia neglected their railway. See in India we have 14,000 passengers' train daily whereas it is just 200 passenger trains in Pakistan. This clearly makes Indian less reliability on roadways, even with this we have almost double avaibility of paved roads compared to Pakistan.

Besides that Pakistan have 80,000 Km Provincial road network.

We too have state highways, national highways are just 2% of India's entire road network.

Lol seriously bro?? Your airports are decades old and need replacement. You need development in every sector. There no such thing as big enough or good enough.

I agree with you, with time everything needs replacement But we have some problems to take care of like WOT, TTP and Talibans, Once we are done with them, we can move on, Improve our economy, Promote tourism to Pakistan and Focus on Industrialization.

LONDON: The 2012 Legatum Prosperity Index, which ranks 142 countries on global prosperity based on both material wealth and personal well-being, has ranked Pakistan 132 on their list.
Pakistan ranks higher than Afghanistan, which came in at 140.

The US, now ranked at 12, fell out of the top ten for the first time, due primarily to an economic decline. Norway topped the rankings.
The data has been calculated by implementing 89 different variables, which are spread across eight sub-indexes: economy, entrepreneurship and opportunity, governance, education, health, safety and security, personal freedom and social capital . These variables measure economic growth and well-being to determine the final Prosperity Index scores.
Key findings of the study show that global prosperity is increasing, but safety and security are decreasing, driven mostly by the Arab Spring in Middle Eastern countries such as Tunisia, Egypt in addition to Yemen. The data also reveals that six of the top 15 economies in the world are located in Asia.
The index highlighted that the system of government is a major factor in prosperity, with 27 of the top 30 countries on the list being democratic nations.
India, placed 101 on the Index, experienced a decline in prosperity because of a decrease in its score on the governance sub-index. Indian regions of Gujarat and Uttarakhand scored high on the social capital sub-index, having ranks equivalent to Germany and Belgium, respectively.
Pakistan ranked last on the economy sub-index in the Asia-Pacific region, experiencing the largest drop in the region. In the sub-indexes of safety and security and social capital, Pakistan ranked in the bottom ten worldwide.
Afghanistan ranked in the bottom ten on the Prosperity Index in the categories of Governance, Personal Freedom, Safety & Security and Education.

Pakistan has the worst economy in Asia-Pacific region: Report – The Express Tribune

Well we are engaged in a stupid war which shouldn't be our war, but we were dragged into it. Quite disgusting isn't it.

But ofcourse no era last forever. USA needs to leave Afghanistan. Pakistanis and Afghanistanis want peace now. USA needs to get out of Afghanistan.

There is no such thing called as Pakistan's Economy.....Pakistan gets everything from America in the form of aid......Pakistan is a beggar state with no economy

There is nothing wrong with trolling many people troll here ;), but just make sense next time. India was no different in 1991. We begged to keep our nation from and economic collapse.

There is no such thing called as Pakistan's Economy.....Pakistan gets everything from America in the form of aid......Pakistan is a beggar state with no economy

The amount of Aid is called Support fund which goes to military for fighting a hired war which barely stood at $1.7Bn, While Pakistani Expatriates send $14 Bn Every year! On the other hand $23bn to $25 bn is the TAx Collection!

LONDON: The 2012 Legatum Prosperity Index, which ranks 142 countries on global prosperity based on both material wealth and personal well-being, has ranked Pakistan 132 on their list.
Pakistan ranks higher than Afghanistan, which came in at 140.

The US, now ranked at 12, fell out of the top ten for the first time, due primarily to an economic decline. Norway topped the rankings.
The data has been calculated by implementing 89 different variables, which are spread across eight sub-indexes: economy, entrepreneurship and opportunity, governance, education, health, safety and security, personal freedom and social capital . These variables measure economic growth and well-being to determine the final Prosperity Index scores.
Key findings of the study show that global prosperity is increasing, but safety and security are decreasing, driven mostly by the Arab Spring in Middle Eastern countries such as Tunisia, Egypt in addition to Yemen. The data also reveals that six of the top 15 economies in the world are located in Asia.
The index highlighted that the system of government is a major factor in prosperity, with 27 of the top 30 countries on the list being democratic nations.
India, placed 101 on the Index, experienced a decline in prosperity because of a decrease in its score on the governance sub-index. Indian regions of Gujarat and Uttarakhand scored high on the social capital sub-index, having ranks equivalent to Germany and Belgium, respectively.
Pakistan ranked last on the economy sub-index in the Asia-Pacific region, experiencing the largest drop in the region. In the sub-indexes of safety and security and social capital, Pakistan ranked in the bottom ten worldwide.
Afghanistan ranked in the bottom ten on the Prosperity Index in the categories of Governance, Personal Freedom, Safety & Security and Education.

Pakistan has the worst economy in Asia-Pacific region: Report – The Express Tribune

Such articles should be taken with pinch of Salt--when such surveys are done Gold with common-man is not counted as there is no facts. In South Asia apart from Money, we keep our wealth in Gold Ornaments as well.....So there is not this much Poverty as Highlighted by WHITEMAN

India is nt 2nd

South asia and china

Economic growth
China=7.8%
Bangladesh=6%+
Sri lanka =5.6%
India=4.9%
Pakistan=3.7%

Past 2 years

Pak growth in 2010-11 fy=2.4%
Pak growth in 2011-12fy=3.7%

India growth in 2010-11=8.4%
india growth in 2011-12=4.9%

Pak growth next year considering that every single thing is on positive note=expect close to 5%
or at worst than 4.5%(remember that in 2012 jan IMF said pak growth would be 2.8%.bt we grew by 3.7%(imf source)
beating imf forcast by 1% more

India growth in next year expected 5.6%(adb)-6%(imf)
so at worst would be around 5%
if done ebtter than 6.5%..

overall close to 5% or 4.5% growth wont be bad for pakistan
while i forgot to add that after 6 months this govt wont be in power..i mean the zardari curse on pak economy would over

there is no doubt we are pushed back by atleast 1 decade

bt the time like this will come again once

good old memories :(

According to figures released over the weekend by Pakistan's Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, the $110 billion economy is estimated to have grown 8.4 percent
in the year ending on June 30. Among the world's 10 most-populous nations, that rate is exceeded only by China, where gross domestic product expanded 9.5 percent last year. India recorded 6.9 percent GDP growth in the 12 months ended March 31.

China's New Growth Challenger Is Pakistan: Mukherjee (Correct) - Bloomberg

imagine if we would have grown by 8.4% till now since 2005(8 years)

No, some blogs have more entertainment value! :D

I dont think you are pointing to the famous non cherry-picking "musings" in any way right????

Damn i dare you to produce a better website which has no bias and analysis based on facts and facts alone involving upto date data....

Back
Top Bottom