What's new

Pakistan has the worst economy in Asia-Pacific region: Report

Karan, all things aside, Pakistani roadways are better than ours. They don't have length of roads because Pakistan is a small country. But the quality of highways and density is better than ours.

This is simply because Pakistan was heavily influenced by US in the initial years, and the road building caught on. Their Army also needs excellent highways for faster mobilization. Infact the entire Pakistani defence rests on being able to move faster than the Indians can, so the PA has made sure that their highways are world class.

Pakistan have good roads at the cost of neglecting their Railways. But at the same time the picture you see from Pakistani roads is mostly of M-2 motorways, all other road system in Pakistan are just ordinary.

Pakistan have good roads at the cost of neglecting their Railways. But at the same time the picture you see from Pakistani roads is mostly of M-2 motorways, all other road system in Pakistan are just ordinary.

M2 is one motorway we have now 4 motorways and 5 other are under construction. When all are completed motorways will go from Karachi to Lahore to Islamabad to Peshawar. And M8 is being constructed which will link gwadar to main motorway!

when our minister of finance says one thing parliment and opposite in media.if policy makers themselves are not aware of what they had made then how will they boost the economy of country.

Same could have been said of India in 1991.....:)
And we Indians will do well to remember that the darkest part of the night has to pass before the dawn comes, afterall we too were once a poor and indebted country........who knows, this may be 1991 for pakistan, and after 20 years, Pakistan too will show as good signs of development as the BRICS have shown........:)
These things are not permanent and can change time and again, but to ensure a permanent positive change, a change in the way the people of the subcontinent thinks is required.................If the individual doesn't change the country cannot change for the better either.

How do you know did you drive on it,:cheesy: I have a drive on them, they are million times better than ordinary roads.

express ways which you calling motorways of india are 4 lane same like highways or dual carriages ways of different cities of pakistan nothing special in it which can make india's road infrastructure superior but if i bring motorways of pakistan it will make a difference ;)

Pakistan railway is different department it have its own budget and system roads n highways have nothing to do with it ,,, railway is destroyed by this govt previous govt gave them railway in surplus and in musharaf era PR was planning for a project of bullet train from lahore to rawalpindi its just matter of good governance dear

Karan, all things aside, Pakistani roadways are better than ours. They don't have length of roads because Pakistan is a small country. But the quality of highways and density is better than ours.

I really don't think so. They barely have 6000-7000km of highways which is not enough for a country like Pakistan. Even if they are good quality they are not accessible to most of population apart form big cities.

I really don't think so. They barely have 6000-7000km of highways which is not enough for a country like Pakistan. Even if they are good quality they are not accessible to most of population apart form big cities.

punjab is more then 60% of pakistan's population and in this picture you can clearly see the density of roads in punjab region and Kpk region and after it in karachi hyderabad region , and the highways we have is full filling the requirements we dnt have any shortage of highways .

625px-Pakistan_Nationalhighways.PNG

Besides that Pakistan have 80,000 Km Provincial road network.

Comparing Pakistan with india is like comparing Uganda with Pakistan..ooooops
Source TOI=8 states poors outclass whole african countries poors combined

No infra?really?care to show me indian infra?

and care to read about adam motors as well.beside this Saigul group is about to buy the plant again and run it again
confirms that we have the capability.bt lack of govt support to people like feroz khan has turned the company down

we do aswell.Google HMC,
Khushab nuclear plant is a indigenous try
read about Nuclear power fuel complex Islamabad.and

PARR II(moret han 40 years before we made our first nuclear reactor without any help.
Now Indian new electronics policy is approves which just like auto sector will make India a manufacturing zone for electronics.

pakistan does has some great manufacturing companies.and they are doing some great projects

hit by corruoption

Sir ji

you should understand this pak has always enjoyed better living standard than indian even can now imagine of.

our per capita was twice of yours some 30 years back
and had enjoyed a greater per capita than india for more than 50 years

so it is up and down time.
sometime you ahead and sometime we

Dude in my post I gave you hard facts and numbers and expect that from you, and I am sorry for being arrogant in that.
Now you say Pakistan has auto manufacturing. Tell me how much is total production then we can talk.
I agree you rails and electricity sector is destroyed by corruption. Tell me one company in Pakistan that can manufacture even the most basic turbines for power generation. I don't think they can. While Indian BHEL has export order book of 10 billion$ right now.

Now if Pakistan enjoyed good living standards 30 yrs ago, good for them but what about you??? I am from delhi do you think living in Lahore or Karachi you are living a better life than me?? You serious?? Even in 2nd and 3rd ties cities we have better airports and roads you will have in a while from now.

karachi airport the troubles financial capital of Pak
Lol look at how big this building is ;)
201291892545_samaa_tv.jpg

Now this is the mumbai airport, you see the difference:
Build it Bigger - Mumbai Airport - YouTube

Besides that Pakistan have 80,000 Km Provincial road network.

Well then I give it to you guys that you have roads. But roads par cars to foreign hain ;).

Correction Pakistans Highways measure 10,000 KM And Motorways measure 2000 KM!

there is no data available regarding the lengths of roads in pakistan old estimates of 1999-00 are 188,000 Km roads in pakistan 7,112 kilometres of federalised roads, including nine National Highways and one Motorway (M-2)

after 2000 pakistan did introduced more motorways , dual carriages ways , Highways and express ways ..

Compare the population of india and Pakistan And their Aiports, I think Our airports are bigger enough to handle the traffic!

express ways which you calling motorways of india are 4 lane same like highways or dual carriages ways of different cities of pakistan nothing special in it which can make india's road infrastructure superior but if i bring motorways of pakistan it will make a difference ;)

But quality of GQ and NSEW is far better than ordinary roads built as Expressways. There is even national geographic and NYT articles about them.

Back
Top Bottom