What's new

Pakistan has been offered the Chinese 4th generation J-11 (SU27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but paf neeed twin engine fighter jets rather than same single engine fighter jets

First we should strongly stand our feets , then i think we should try for twin engine freak.

There is absolutely no hard in testing out 2 engine we should may be consider at least 1 squadron for 2 engine planes to learn to work with twin engines

Considering the traditional Russia-India tie, the deal is impossible.As China still need to cooperate with Russians in Military sales, China still imports many engines for FC-1 & J-10.

Besides, as a heavy aircraft, the J-11 is not suitable for PAF in terms of cost.

If PAF can get the j11 technology that would be awsome but if cannot get it then PAF could also look into reviving the Mirage 4000 program by join venture with dassualt. Mirage 4000 program was cancelled in the early 80is and was built for saudi airforce, it is designed to be both a long-range interceptor and a capable fighter-bomber. The US F15 took the bid from the french so the program was cancelled. The Dassault Rafale is influenced by mirage 4000.

The french would love to open up this program again as most of the work is already done, it was already in test stages when it got cancelled. They need an invester. This would be economical, user friendly for the engineers and we also have a technology transfer due to join venture. I think with bit of changes in the design if possible, addition of latest hardware and softwares used in Rafale, Pakistan could be manufacturing its own delta wing twin engine 4,1/2, 5th generation fighter jets in next couple of years. plus i prefer EU product more then the chinese and russians.

If PAF can get the j11 technology that would be awsome but if cannot get it then PAF could also look into reviving the Mirage 4000 program by join venture with dassualt. Mirage 4000 program was cancelled in the early 80is and was built for saudi airforce, it is designed to be both a long-range interceptor and a capable fighter-bomber. The US F15 took the bid from the french so the program was cancelled. The Dassault Rafale is influenced by mirage 4000.

The french would love to open up this program again as most of the work is already done, it was already in test stages when it got cancelled. They need an invester. This would be economical, user friendly for the engineers and we also have a technology transfer due to join venture. I think with bit of changes in the design if possible, addition of latest hardware and softwares used in Rafale, Pakistan could be manufacturing its own delta wing twin engine 4,1/2, 5th generation fighter jets in next couple of years. plus i prefer EU product more then the chinese and russians.

nice day dreaming:lazy:

The J11 would be a great addition , we would have one mighty airforce with combination of brute force J11 and finness J10B and our trusted F16 platforms with ample , support interceptors

It is just a old rumor ... i wouldn't mind seeing the j-11 in our fleet but again its a dream and is not reailty PAF has its eyes and task on the thunders,f-16's and fc-20's who knows what the future holds.Hence, as we all can see even the
fc-20 deal is still not in place so how can we even think about the j-11 .

If there have been facilities in Pakistan where J11 would be assembled we can surely say that we are getting J11 ...

NOT GHETTING J-11 OR ANY TWIN ENGINE FIGHTER TILL 2019 AND ONWARDS!!!! ITS IN THE PAF DICTIURINE WAIT FOR J-10B .. IT LIKE A F-16 MIXED WITH A FLANKER

Sohanay khawab, dekhnay mein koi harj nahin.... a beautiful plane indeed.

Hi
All PAF future procurements are dependent upon Indian MMRCA, so lets see how thing shape up.

welll i dont seee that paf will go for J 11 at any time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom