What's new

Pakistan goes to beg IMF.

@Argus Panoptes

Why do we HAVE to eat the 2nd portion of this 'akhrot' to establish that its rotten?

Simple answer: Because collectively, as a nation, we are stupid beyond belief. I apologize if I offend you Sir with that answer, but this is the 3rd portion of the said rotten akhrot, not the 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep this thread to Pakistan only

There is no need to discuss India anywhere

@Argus Panoptes

Sir ji, myself being born as a dheet paindoo,used to play a game with my folk called the 'Bandar killa.'

you'd have stick drilled into the ground with a meter long rope,having it knot on the stick and the second knot on a guy's hand...who could only move in a 1 meter radius.

5-10 boys will pile up their shoes next to the stick and then try to pick them, up,evading the guy guarding them who can hit you in the process. If you picked 3 the guy loses and then you do his 'litar parade.'

It depresses me though that the bandar killa is being played on a national level,with much ,more at stake than cheap shoes

@Argus Panoptes

Sir ji, myself being born as a dheet paindoo,used to play a game with my folk called the 'Bandar killa.'

you'd have stick drilled into the ground with a meter long rope,having it knot on the stick and the second knot on a guy's hand...who could only move in a 1 meter radius.

5-10 boys will pile up their shoes next to the stick and then try to pick them, up,evading the guy guarding them who can hit you in the process. If you picked 3 the guy loses and then you do his 'litar parade.'

It depresses me though that the bandar killa is being played on a national level,with much ,more at stake than cheap shoes

Actually, that is quite an appropriate summary of our national situation.

What worries me is that our collective littar parade is rapidly approaching and it will not be a pretty sight.

Think positive friends,

Imagine if truly, 2% of GDP growth is lost due to electricity... If we spend some of that money in generation electricity, we could easily generate billions of dollars within the next few years and pay IMF back after that.

Our debt to GDP ratio is still far better than many countries so don't lose hope ever

Think positive friends,

Imagine if truly, 2% of GDP growth is lost due to electricity... If we spend some of that money in generation electricity, we could easily generate billions of dollars within the next few years and pay IMF back after that.

Our debt to GDP ratio is still far better than many countries so don't lose hope ever

Sirjee, bajaa irshaad kiya hey magar, IMAGINE and IF do not have any effect in the real world. Results are what matter here.

Sirjee, bajaa irshaad kiya hey magar, IMAGINE and IF do not have any effect in the real world. Results are what matter here.

Indeed the results matter here and myself being in Pakistan knows the ground reality. There is a whole of industry closed near my area just because of load shedding. They are willing to pay even 25 rupees per unit if they were getting electricity but those who can afford are burning expensive diesel in their generators and others are sitting empty awaiting for electricity to come so they can work for couple of hours.

I am sure if energy crisis are brought down by using portion of this IMF loan which I believe is already being done as 325 billion rupees are paid already to IPPs... The business community wouldn't mind paying even 20-25 rupees per unit for as long as they are getting uninterrupted electricity. Uninterrupted electricity means they are working and they are working means the government is earning money in taxes, hence the wheel of economy is moving. I am shocked to see the entire industry been shut in my area just because of no electricity.. People are hopeful and so am I

Pakistani folk,need to take a mental note of this.

Q: "Why do Indians enjoy and celebrate the,bad economic times in Pakistan?"

A: Because they are Pakistan's enemies,who don't miss a chance to spew venom against our nation.

At,heart they despise our nation and have an evil intent to either cause harm to us or enjoy the harm that is inflicted upon us.

Keep track of threads opened up,when Pakistani nation is suffering. You will find them being 'amused' over it.

Level of hate,which doesn't differ between,natural clamities,poverty,social ills and blind terror, only comes from a foe not a friend.

Stop 'hoping' for friendship, those who ridicule the suffering of our people can never be befriended.

As if you do not do the same. Even the good work Indian do, I hardly find Pakistani congratulating. So why look at one side?

Why doesnt Pakistan just default like Iceland, and start from scratch?

Why doesnt Pakistan just default like Iceland, and start from scratch?

I once thought the same way but then realised even if the countries are divided in 2 pieces and start from scratch their loans do not get wiped Or they fresh start.... If Pakistan get defaulted and even rename it's name... Their debts won't be wiped off tha my easily and they will not be able to take fresh loans

If Pakistan gets $11 Billion bailout package, it is good as it gets liquidity into the system that can help revive its economy, however the economic revival largely depends on how well the money is spent. If squandered, the debt can also become a huge burden on future government's income from paying interest and principal payments

@Argus Panoptes

Ain't that sad?

Our founding fathers were all progressive, men Educated in Oxford,Linclon's inn and Munich University. We had an 'ideological ground' to build on.

There aren't many nations fortunate enogh to have Iqbal and Jinnah in one package.

I believe that when iqbal said.
"Nations are born in the hearts of poets,but suffer & die at the hands of politicians "...he wasn't talking about us......he also said 'afrad ky hathon maim hai aqwam ki taqdeer'

A lesson we have forgotten...

I wish Pakistani public and world believe you and we don't have to repay the debts and interest.

In any case.... i wonder how much hindus pay to get troll license!

I find it ironic for some reasons I have in mind. There is a big hack of a difference between asking for a loan from the IMF, and bail-outs

@Argus Panoptes

Ain't that sad?

Our founding fathers were all progressive, men Educated in Oxford,Linclon's inn and Munich University. We had an 'ideological ground' to build on.

There aren't many nations fortunate enogh to have Iqbal and Jinnah in one package.

I believe that when iqbal said.
"Nations are born in the hearts of poets,but suffer & die at the hands of politicians "...he wasn't talking about us......he also said 'afrad ky hathon maim hai aqwam ki taqdeer'

A lesson we have forgotten...

Very true. Humarey afraad ney khud hee apnee qaum kee taqdeer banaaney kee bajaye tabah ker dee hey. Ab issay dobaara banaana bahut mushkil hey.

Simple answer: Because collectively, as a nation, we are stupid beyond belief. I apologize if I offend you Sir with that answer, but this is the 3rd portion of the said rotten akhrot, not the 2nd.

I like you. :yes4:

Here is a 5-year Economic Plan that many under-developed nations implement.

1- Take aim at the Black market. (keep detailed records of everything Pakistan makes ships in or out)
2- Make use of the Corps of Engineers, have them make infrastructure, railways & roads, lets make paved airports also. and hire the locals for the labor. Pay them 200 rupees - 100 taxes
3- Fire all the excess employees of Railways, PIA, teachers, etc.
4- Fix the tax system
5- Break up the Feudals. Every poor farmer working on the land of a feudal gets that land.
6- Private-Public enterprises in industry: Steel Mills, Textiles, Electricity,

Back
Top Bottom