What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was thinking about voting for PTI, but I dont like how PTI wants partnership with JUI or something, when I vote for PTI, I don't want any other political party to get advantage for it, who I have chosen not to vote for. If PTI does something stupid, I might as well vote for PML-N or PML-Q.

The choice is your's. but frankly it would be a fools errand. If you choose Noon, then Pakistan will collapse because of the growing energy crisis and no FDI coming in. Either way these political parties have destroyed Pakistan, that the next government would be constrained. But if you love to suffer and want no future for your family....then by all means continue.

Hi, I was thinking about voting for PTI, but I dont like how PTI wants partnership with JUI or something, when I vote for PTI, I don't want any other political party to get advantage for it, who I have chosen not to vote for. If PTI does something stupid, I might as well vote for PML-N or PML-Q.

There is going to be NO alliance with anyone, you can take my word for it. PTI will have to enter into seat adjustment measures with parties that weren't in the parliament but no alliance would be made.

@muse What do you make of "vote none" option by ECP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayaz Amir's nomination papers rejected

CHAKWAL: In a surprising move the nomination papers of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz candidate Ayaz Amir for NA-60 Chakwal have been rejected, Geo News reported Thursday.

Speaking to Geo News, Amir said reservations were raised over his columns concerning the ideology of Pakistan, particularly the one he penned about Ardeshir Cowasjee.

“I was asked by the Returning Officer about characters mentioned from English literature in the Cowasjee article. I asked if anyone was familiar with these characters but received blank looks.”

Amir added that he was waiting for the detailed judgment and would file an appeal.

Ayaz Amir was elected to the National Assembly on a PML-N ticket in 2008 elections.

Ayaz Amirs nomination papers rejected - thenews.com.pk

Started this thread so that all news regarding upcoming elections can be posted in one thread.

Imran, Rashid agree on seat adjustments in Rawalpindi

RAWALPINDI: Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Shaikh Rasheed’s Awami Muslim League (AML) have announced seat adjustments in Rawalpindi for the upcoming general elections.

Talking to media persons following his meeting with Shaikh Rashid, Imran Khan said the outcome of the forthcoming elections will dispel the impression that Rawalpindi belongs to Pakistan Muslim League-N.

AML chief Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed called on Pakistan Tehreek Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan here and discussed prevalent political situation, seats adjustment, and joint political campaign in Rawalpindi.

PTI Secretary General, Pervez Khattak, and others were also present in the meeting.

Both the leaders agreed that the PTI would assist Shaikh Rasheed in NA-55 in the upcoming general elections whereas the latter would support Imran Khan in NA-56.

Imran Khan on the occasion also committed that he also would address a public gathering in NA-55.

Imran, Rashid agree on seat adjustments in Rawalpindi - thenews.com.pk

Nomination papers of more MPs rejected

* Ayaz Amir, Faisal Saleh Hayat’s nomination papers rejected

* A-Level certificate of ex-education minister Sheikh Waqar Akram’s declared fake

LAHORE: The stringent scrutiny being conducted by the election commission has caused serious embarrassment to some high profile politicians whose nomination papers have been rejected.
A returning officer raised objection in nomination papers filed by PPP central leader and former federal minister Khursheed Shah and summoned him tomorrow (Saturday). Khurshid Shah had filed nomination papers from NA-199 and PS-04 Sukkar, while Advocate Shahzada Dreho raised objections over the papers. He pointed out that Shah had concealed the facts about his assets, therefore, he be proceeded against under law.
Dreho pointed out in his application that Khursheed Shah had declared price of his bungalow located in DHA Karachi as Rs 3.5 million and his plot in Sukkar as Rs 1.2 million in nomination paper filed by him in 2008. But in the nomination papers filed now he had mentioned the price of his bungalow as Rs 1.9 million and that of the plot as less than Rs 1.2 million. “This way Khursheed Shah has given a false statement; therefore, he is not eligible to contest the polls under articles 62 and 63,” the applicant said.
The Election Commission of Pakistan also rejected the nomination papers of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Ayaz Amir, who had filed his papers from Chakwal. An objection criticising Amir for writing articles “against the ideology of Pakistan” was filed against his nomination papers by complainant Babar Salim. Talking to a private TV channel, Ayaz Amir said he has not received the verdict so far but has been informed that the papers were reportedly rejected on objections raised by the president of a local press club over his two articles on ideology of Pakistan. The decision against Amir’s nomination papers was taken by an ECP returning officer.
Also, the Cambridge University has declared former federal minister for education and training Sheikh Waqar Akram’s A-level certificate fake on Thursday. According to detailed reports the Inter-Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) declared the A-Level certificate of former MNA Sheikh Waqas Akram fake and further revealed that Akram had not yet submitted his O-Level certificate. The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) had sent the former parliamentarian’s degree to Cambridge University for verification, which was declared as fake on Thursday. The ex-minister’s IBCC certificate remained unconfirmed by HEC.
Akram recently left Pakistan Muslim League Quaid (PML-Q) and joined Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N). He has contested elections from Jhang city on National Assembly seat NA-89. The ECP also rejected the nomination papers of the former minister Faisal Saleh Hayat and politician Syeda Abida Hussain’s son, Abid Imam. Hayat won the last elections on the ticket of the PML-Q and served as a minister in the last PPP-led government. He was to run in the upcoming general elections as an independent candidate.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Illiterate Pakistan housewife makes vote history

KHAR: A Pakistani housewife, who cannot read or write despite being married to a headteacher, has made history by becoming the first woman approved to run for election in the Taliban-infested tribal belt.
Badam Zari, 53, may have little chance of winning, but her enthusiasm has been seized upon as a step towards emancipation in one of the most conservative parts of Pakistan, where women live in purdah and few even vote.
“I am contesting the election with passion, with a clean heart and a clear conscience. My passion is to educate the future generation, girls and women, and to serve them,” she told AFP in a telephone interview from Bajaur district.
“I know I am the first woman to contest and I am hopeful that I will win.”
Her father initially sent her to the village school, but when other relatives said it was inappropriate for her — a young girl of only six or seven — to walk through the market to class, she was kept at home. Bajaur is one of seven districts that make up Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). The semi-autonomous region of mountains, valleys and caves is one of the most deprived and ill-educated in the country.
It has been a stronghold for Afghan Taliban, al Qaeda and other Pakistani militant groups, and for years a battleground between the army and insurgents.
Zari says she has never been threatened but acknowledges she cannot campaign in public, confining herself to going door-to-door among women’s quarters.
“I have no fear, I have never been threatened by anyone,” she said.
Reforms introduced in 2011 in a bid to lessen the grip of militancy, mean political parties can contest elections for the first time in FATA, but Zari is standing as an independent.
There are 1.7 million registered voters in the tribal belt, just 600,000 of them women, the lowest rate in the country. None of the 60 seats reserved for women in the lower house of parliament is in FATA. Zari and her husband, 55-year-old Mohammad Sultan, have put together a short manifesto, pledging to solve the problems of people in Bajaur, even diverting the benefits she would receive in parliament to her constituents.
“Bajaur is an area which lacks all basic facilities. It’s a deprived area. We have no women’s education, no health facility, no electricity and no roads,” she told AFP by telephone. “Sometimes women living in the mountains die because of lack of health facilities. We don’t even have clean drinking water and I want to struggle for it.”
She registered to run on Sunday but was only told by election commission officials on Wednesday that her application had been accepted. Under Pakistani law, being illiterate and uneducated is no bar to running for parliament.
Noor Ul Wahab, an election officer in Bajaur, confirmed to AFP on Thursday that Zari’s papers had been approved, clearing the way for her campaign.
Zari’s husband, who has a masters degree in international relations, confirmed his wife can write only her name and cannot read a newspaper, yet declined to say why he had not educated her. Two of his brothers are doctors.
The couple have been married for 26 years but have no children. Although her chances are remote, Ijaz Khan, who teaches political science at the University of Peshawar, told AFP that it was an interesting move. “She will not be able to get many votes, obviously,” he told AFP.
“For a woman to come up and say ‘I will represent you better than all men and women’. Just saying that is a big change.”
Zari is the first woman to stand in FATA, but two women from tribal communities in Balochistan were elected to parliament, in 2002 and in 2008.
The first woman, Zubaida Jalal, served as education minister under military ruler Pervez Musharraf. afp

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

There is a sticky thread. Both will be merged.

There is a sticky thread. Both will be merged.

I thought that was just an opinion poll therefore started a new thread exclusively for elections coverage. No point in opening new threads every time there is a new development regarding elections.

Thanks for merging both.

Balochistan ex-minister Jatak sentenced for 2 years, sent to jail

QUETTA: Balochistan former minister Ali Madad Jatak Friday sentenced for two years and a fine of Rs10,000 in the fake degree case by the Additional Session Judge here, Geo News reported.

Jatak was taken into custody by the police and shifted to jail as soon as he came out of the court.

Balochistan ex-minister Jatak sentenced for 2 years, sent to jail - thenews.com.pk

7264_359374487497796_958183744_n.jpg

6607_571192772906011_12903026_n.jpg

BHC acquits MNA Hamayun Aziz Kurd

QUETTA: Balochistan High Court (BHC) Friday acquitted member national assembly (MNA) Hamayun Aziz Kurd in the fake degree case here, Geo News reported.

It may be recalled that the Session Court Sibbi had sentenced ex-member of National Assembly Humayun Aziz Kurd to one year in prison and fined Rs5,000 in fake degree case.

Later, Kurd had filed an appeal against the sentence in the BHC.

Humayun Aziz Kurd was elected to the National Assembly in 2008 and his degree was challenged by his opponent before the Election Commission.

BHC acquits MNA Hamayun Aziz Kurd - thenews.com.pk

Nawaz’s nomination papers from NA-119 accepted

LAHORE: The nomination papers of PML-N President Nawaz Shairf from NA-119 (Lahore) have been accepted.

Objections regarding Nawaz Sharif being a convict in the past were raised over his nomination papers.

The session court dismissed the objections and accepted the nomination papers of the PML-N President.

Nawaz

Fake Degree Case: Ali Madad Jattak given 2 year prison term

QUETTA: Former Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) provincial minister Ali Madad Jattak has been sentenced to a two year prison term and fined Rs 10,000 in the fake degree case, Geo News reported Friday.

The Additional Sessions Court in Quetta sentenced Madad after it had earlier reserved its verdict on Thursday.

Following the sentence, Jattak was arrested from the premises of the court and transferred to prison.

Jattak was elected as a member of the Balochistan Assembly in the 2008 election

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-95388-Fake-Degree-Case:-Ali-Madad-Jattak-given-2-year-prison-term-

On the lighter side:

images

Pervez Musharraf’s nomination papers for NA-139 rejected

KASUR: Former military ruler General (retd) Pervez Musharraf’s nomination papers for NA-139 Kasur have been rejected.

Advocate Javed Kasuri had raised six objections over candidature of the former ruler.

After hearing arguments of Kasuri, returning officer Muhammad Saleem declared Musharraf ineligible to contest elections under article 62 and 63 of the constitution.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-95423-Pervez-Musharrafs-nomination-papers-for-NA-139-rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom