What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

Former President Pervez Musharraf is a little late but still good to know he enjoys a sizeable support bank.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

Let us hope for the outcome that is in best interest of Pakistan.

Good news for all overseas Pakistanis. I'm really very excited right now. :tup:

Electronic voting software devised for overseas Pakistanis

The News
March 31, 2013

3-31-2013_94657_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has devised electronic voting software for facilitating overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes in the upcoming elections-2013, Geo News reported on Sunday.

NADRA Chairman, Tariq Malik said that the Supreme Court would be briefed tomorrow about this electronic voting mechanism.

Talking to Geo News, NADRA Chairman said that the political parties and Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) would also be taken into confidence relating to the use of this software enabling overseas Pakistanis casting their votes.

Tariq Malik said that his organization also helped ECP in devising a system for the scrutiny of the electoral candidates that would filter out the tax defaulters and dual nationals.

He said that over 20 million people have by now checked up their registration of votes through NADRA. NDRA could also help Higher Education Commission (HEC) in computerizing the records of the degrees.

Good news for all overseas Pakistanis. I'm really very excited right now. :tup:

Electronic voting software devised for overseas Pakistanis

The News
March 31, 2013

3-31-2013_94657_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has devised electronic voting software for facilitating overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes in the upcoming elections-2013, Geo News reported on Sunday.

NADRA Chairman, Tariq Malik said that the Supreme Court would be briefed tomorrow about this electronic voting mechanism.

Talking to Geo News, NADRA Chairman said that the political parties and Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) would also be taken into confidence relating to the use of this software enabling overseas Pakistanis casting their votes.

Tariq Malik said that his organization also helped ECP in devising a system for the scrutiny of the electoral candidates that would filter out the tax defaulters and dual nationals.

He said that over 20 million people have by now checked up their registration of votes through NADRA. NDRA could also help Higher Education Commission (HEC) in computerizing the records of the degrees.
This would b very interesting because in my opinion overseas voters are the best judge of who should be in command back home bcz they can compare the policies/actions adopted of their countries of residence with their home country.

Taliban inflict first blow to poll campaign, 2 killed

Daily Times
Monday, April 01, 2013

Taliban inflict first blow to poll campaign, 2 killed

* Former MPA and election candidate from ANP among six injured as a roadside bomb explodes in Bannu

* TTP claims responsibility, threatens more attacks against ANP

Staff Report

PESHAWAR: A bomb attack claimed by the Taliban near an election rally in restive northwest of the country killed two people and injured six, including a candidate, on Sunday, police said.
Former member of the dissolved Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Adnan Wazir received injuries while two others died in the remote-controlled bomb blast near militancy hotbed North Waziristan, police said. Adnan Wazir’s convoy was hit near Noor Wali, 20 kilometres north of Bannu district, local police said. “It was a remote-controlled blast and the target was the former MPA’s convoy near Janikhel area,” Bannu police chief Nisar Tanoli told local reporters.

Two persons were reported dead in the attack, the police said. Six others were injured and taken to Bannu hospital. The banned TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan swiftly accepted responsibility for the attack in telephone calls to media offices in Peshawar. “He (Adnan Wazir) has affiliation with Awami National Party and that is why he was the target,” Ehsan said. “It was the beginning of what we promised – attacks on the ANP.” “We claim responsibility for the attack. We are against ANP and Adnan Wazir was a part of the ANP government for five years,” Ehsan told AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location. Adnan Wazir was elected as independent candidate from PK-72 (Bannu-3) during 2008 elections from Bannu. However, he extended support to the ANP-led coalition government in the province.

The TTP has previously made death threats against politicians from the secular ANP, which ruled Khyber Pakhtunkhwa from 2008 until the provincial assembly was dissolved pending the election. “We have directed our associates in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to target ANP election rallies and all its leaders,” Ehsan said.

Meanwhile, police has traced out a suicide bomber, who blew himself in Katlong bazaar on Friday, and raided his house and recovered weapons from there. While talking to Online, Mardan District Police Officer (DPO) Tahir Ayuab Khan on Sunday said that a police officer had lost his life and two civilians got injured in the suicide attack in Katlong bazaar. The two suicide bombers were also killed in the attack. He said that one of the suicide bombers had jumped into the house of a local, Ahmed Ali, and blew himself up there. He added that when police was collecting evidence from the house, it had found a national identity card.

The DPO said that through the ID card the identity of the suicide bomber was confirmed, and his name was Fazle Subhan, a resident of Skandari Koroona, Hoti Mardan. Later, police raided the house and recovered one hand grenade, a Kalashnikov rifle, a 30-bore pistol, 2 feet of prima card, safety fuse, 15 bullets of a 30-bore pistol, nine bullets of 7.62 bore, and a motorbike.
The police chief said that the motorbike used in the suicide bombing in Katlong on Saturday was also traced. He said that police found the registration of the motorbike, according to which the motorbike is registered in the name of one Abdullah, a resident of Par Hoti Mardan. He said that according to the initial investigation the weapon and motorbike recovered from the house of the suicide bomber were used in the attack last Wednesday in which two policemen were killed. agencies

This would b very interesting because in my opinion overseas voters are the best judge of who should be in command back home bcz they can compare the policies/actions adopted of their countries of residence with their home country.

If the system works without any major malfunction or security breach this could be a very welcoming step to encourage overseas
Pakistani community to participate in national affairs such as; General Elections. Good Luck NADRA and ECP!

Im not sure who he is but I found this

Pakistan

Moonis Elahi

Legislator

Details: Son of Chaudry Pervez Elahi, who until last month was Pakistan's deputy prime minister. The Chaudry family has had a powerful role in the country’s politics for the past five decades. In 2010, Moonis Elahi was accused of receiving illicit payments as part of an alleged land scam. He was later acquitted amidst what Pakistan's Supreme Court said was intense government interference in the investigation.

Offshore business: Shareholder and director of Olive Groves Assets Ltd. (2006) in the British Virgin Islands.

Comment: Moonis Elahi denied that he owns or controls Olive Grove Assets Ltd. He did not answer whether he had owned the firm in the past. ICIJ verified Elahi’s connection to the firm through the address listed for the politician in the corporate records, which is that of the Chaudry family residence in Lahore.

Who Uses the Offshore World | International Consortium of Investigative Journalists

Im not sure who he is but I found this

Pakistan

Moonis Elahi

Legislator

Details: Son of Chaudry Pervez Elahi, who until last month was Pakistan's deputy prime minister. The Chaudry family has had a powerful role in the country’s politics for the past five decades. In 2010, Moonis Elahi was accused of receiving illicit payments as part of an alleged land scam. He was later acquitted amidst what Pakistan's Supreme Court said was intense government interference in the investigation.

Offshore business: Shareholder and director of Olive Groves Assets Ltd. (2006) in the British Virgin Islands.

Comment: Moonis Elahi denied that he owns or controls Olive Grove Assets Ltd. He did not answer whether he had owned the firm in the past. ICIJ verified Elahi’s connection to the firm through the address listed for the politician in the corporate records, which is that of the Chaudry family residence in Lahore.

http://www.icij.org/offshore/who-uses-offshore-world

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/world/europe/vast-hidden-wealth-revealed-in-leaked-records.html?ref=asia&_r=0

Hi, I was thinking about voting for PTI, but I dont like how PTI wants partnership with JUI or something, when I vote for PTI, I don't want any other political party to get advantage for it, who I have chosen not to vote for. If PTI does something stupid, I might as well vote for PML-N or PML-Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom