What's new

Pakistan friend or foe, asks US Congress panel

Thought it was appropriate:

In the end, don't it take it so serious guys!

This hearing will give members the opportunity to learn more about Pakistan’s longstanding ties to terrorist groups and allow for a more informed reassessment of US foreign policy priorities vis-à-vis Islamabad,” said Mr Poe while explaining why he had called the hearing.
So, this panel is just meeting to learn about Pakistan. I do not know why this even is news?

reading your post I remebered a quote from WW era
If I may
"When a Man decides all means are accepted to fight the evil, his good become indistinguishable from the Evil , he set out to destroy"

All those support your cause may just not be your friends being frds with them is tricky fair.

Well if you think that was joke .....
What can I say. Do ignore me. Bye bye

Thanks. I don't think you remember me sir but I am the second guy who asked about the "Bear and hunter" story.
1st guy is banned almost all the time

Good posts anyway. Do keep posting. They are good to read.

As a common Pakistani speaking to the average American taxpayer: Please tell your government to stop giving this "aid" to our corrupt rulers. We do not want your money. Its your corrupt government giving this money to our corrupt government.

So, this panel is just meeting to learn about Pakistan. I do not know why this even is news?

You could not be more accurate. This is no longer news. The lines of enquiry are also no longer news. We all know, by now.

As a common Pakistani speaking to the average American taxpayer: Please tell your government to stop giving this "aid" to our corrupt rulers. We do not want your money. Its your corrupt government giving this money to our corrupt government.

Your government might have a thing or ten to say about that. Your military might have even more.

US is fast turning into an enemy and their are paving the way for another war and this time it would be with Pakistan. Make no mistake about it. Over a decade has passed since US threaten to bomb us back to stone age and what exactly did Pakistan do to make itself secure, the answer is disappointing. No ICBM, No second strike capability (although there are rumours), no front line fighter jet other than those US supplied F-16s that US will have no time decimating.
Point being when are we going to wake up? Its disappointing to see the attitude of those that create our strategic calculus. I mean what are they waiting for? US to actually attack?
Pakistan needs to get out of this Indian centric defence only. US is no friend and they cannot make it more clear. Its only that certain morons here believe otherwise. If US treats us as enemy we should be prepared to treat US as such and it can start with giving US a snub on issues over Afghanistan and Haqqani. Throw the BC afghanis out, close the border, stop US and NATO supplies whatever left of them and most importantly make the US realise that if they attack us, we have the means to attack them back and this should be done without any stupid diplomacy.

You missed the point.
I agree your and Chinese point of view of the project. I am not saying it's bad for you.

How rest of world see the project ??? It's a get away root for China from IOR. You can say you don't care what others think of the development work in your country and I am fine by it.
But just for a sec think it's a pal project and everybody else is a customer of the road. In that case USA and Japan would have liked it. And China also would have objected it's root.
But now it's shown as Chinese project !!!
Not a differece on ground but you failed to tag others in process.
You could have brought US and Pak on same table. Win win

I think you are not following the project, it is going to give us access to central asia and central asia to gwadar a warm water port.

If china is getting a get away route, its ok since every country should protect her interest.

US is 3 continents away, why should we bother if she is not content ? CPEC will economically help us alot its the main reason to commence the project.

US is fast turning into an enemy and their are paving the way for another war and this time it would be with Pakistan. Make no mistake about it.

What makes you say this??? Why would US start a war with Pakistan, when they can do whatever they want to without declaring a war?????
Pakistan has a strategic importance and and US knows it pretty well...... Without Pak US cannot do a jack in Afghanistan..... Uncle sam is in no mood to withdraw from there........ I agree that relationship is strained and geo plitical scenario is changing..... But.......

akistan do to make itself secure, the answer is disappointing. No ICBM, No second strike capability (although there are rumours), no front line fighter jet other than those US supplied F-16s that US will have no time decimating.

So Planning to strike US????? Good Luck .........

Point being when are we going to wake up

Agreed......

Pakistan needs to get out of this Indian centric defence

Agreed.... If i could add, not only on defense but in other area;s too...
If US treats us as enemy we should be prepared to treat US as such and it can start with giving US a snub on issues over Afghanistan and Haqqani.

I do not think they treat you like enemy, but they may not be treating you like best friend anymore.....

If I may reply

US is fast turning into an enemy and their are paving the way for another war and this time it would be with Pakistan.
santions at most. No war till Pak do something directly in official capacity. So no question of War.
Make no mistake about it. Over a decade has passed since US threaten to bomb us back to stone age
Musshi is a known liar. He lied and got caught many times to hide his weakness and show bravodo
US to actually attack?
Not going to happen. Pak nukes will be at risk. USA won't want that

Pakistan needs to get out of this Indian centric defence only.
Building defence is no problem. Pak need to get out of the fear of attack. No one is going to attack you. Others have a lot to lose.
US is no friend
Funning thing they are too saying same thing. Can you blame them ??? Aren't their interests more imp for them than yours ???

it can start with giving US a snub on issues over Afghanistan and Haqqani. Throw the BC afghanis out, close the border, stop US and NATO supplies
do whatever that's is right and necessary for you nation. Just don't do it to oppose somebody.
whatever left of them and most importantly make the US realise that if they attack us, we have the means to attack them back and this should be done without any stupid diplomacy.
Last Diplomacy isn't stupid. Diplomats might be. It was your mistake to fight their war. Now they want results

What makes you say this??? Why would US start a war with Pakistan, when they can do whatever they want to without declaring a war?????
Pakistan has a strategic importance and and US knows it pretty well...... Without Pak US cannot do a jack in Afghanistan..... Uncle sam is in no mood to withdraw from there........ I agree that relationship is strained and geo plitical scenario is changing..... But.......

I can quote two different instance to back up my claim. After 9/11 we were threaten to be bombed back to stone age. Than another instance where Hiliary Clinton threaten that God for bit if Ahmad Shehzad ( I think was the name) succeeded we would have rain hell even when there was no Pakistan connection and all this time we were supporting US mission in Afghanistan.

So Planning to strike US????? Good Luck .........

No planning, just making sure if Shit hits the fan Pakistan can defend it self. Isnt India doing the same w.r.t China. What is Agni 5 for if i may ask??

Agreed......

Agreed.... If i could add, not only on defense but in other area;s too...

I am glad we agree on something though not sure what other areas you refer too? I hope its not Kashmir.

I do not think they treat you like enemy, but they may not be treating you like best friend anymore.....

They never treated us as friends that much we know, it had always be a relationship of convenience. However that scenario is fast changing. If the likes of Trump make it to the white house, Pakistan could very well be the next Iran for the US.

I think you are not following the project, it is going to give us access to central asia and central asia to gwadar a warm water port. If china is getting a get away route, its ok since every country should protect her interest.
I do agreed that. What I write was addition (in hypo terms like ifs n buts )

US is 3 continents away,
She always was and always will.
why should we bother if she is not content ? CPEC will economically help us alot its the main reason to commence the project.
Trouble making potential is the answer.

You keep them out they will try to do same ( I hope not ). It only increase hostility and mistrust.
Your land your project your decisions. But it "would" have been in best interests of Pak to have all parties onboard who want the access to CA.

They will find the way one way or another but in process they might try to devalue you.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1270078/pakistan-friend-or-foe-asks-us-congress-panel

@pakistani342 seems the current mode in the capital hill is quite hostile towards Pakistan, thus all is not well as the jernals would want people in Pakistan to believe.

WASHINGTON: Senior US lawmakers and their witnesses are gathering on Capitol Hill on Tuesday to once again ask Pakistan if it is America’s friend or foe.

The House Subcommittees on Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade and Asia and the Pacific are jointly holding this hearing, hoping that it would help them determine how to deal with Pakistan, an old ally many in Congress no longer trust. The chairman of one of the subcommittees is a Republican lawmaker, Congressman Ted Poe, who never makes an effort to hide his dislike for Pakistan.

“This hearing will give members the opportunity to learn more about Pakistan’s longstanding ties to terrorist groups and allow for a more informed reassessment of US foreign policy priorities vis-à-vis Islamabad,” said Mr Poe while explaining why he had called the hearing.

Former US ambassador to Afghanistan and United Nations, Zalmay Khalilzad, is one of the three witnesses who have been asked to explain Pakistan and its policies to the lawmakers.

The other two witnesses are Bill Roggio, senior editor, Long War Journal, and Tricia Bacon, Assistant Professor, American University.

In a recent statement, Mr Khalilzad urged the United States to adopt a policy of total isolation against Pakistan and turn it into a “second North Korea” to force it to cooperate in Afghanistan.

“The United States has spent tens of billions of taxpayer dollars in aid to Pakistan since 9/11. Now, 15 years later, Pakistan’s military and intel services are still linked to terrorist organisations and little success has been made to stabilise the region,” said Congressman Matt Salmon, who heads the Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific.

“We must take a closer look at US goals, expectations and our aid spending in the region. In this hearing, we will discuss the Administration’s failed policy towards Pakistan and debate the best way forward,” he said.

Published in Dawn, July 11th, 2016

Former US ambassador to Afghanistan and United Nations, Zalmay Khalilzad, is one of the three witnesses who have been asked to explain Pakistan and its policies to the lawmakers.

Afghans are not our friends. please pack up your $hit and leave our country for God sake. Do you Afghans have an iota of shame left? You beg us to keep feeding your refugees and bad mouth us at the same time?

Please leave us alone and request US to take 6 million of your sorry selves!

Pakistan is neither friend nor foe, we only care about our own interests

Our people hate afghans and dont want to aid aimless self serving American ains in Afghanistan, the generals don't have anything to do with it

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom