What's new

Pakistan first to China’s table for HQ-9 (S300) , HQ-16 missile systems

I wonder what financial implications come attached with the Saudi demand of support in Yemen conflict.

This procurement spree is either only just release of information at this junction of planned procurement (we know that PakMil does not usually advertise it's high level procurement and these could have been planned 5-10 years ago) or that we have been promised funds for these acquisitions from elsewhere.
I am wondering the same. something fishy about timing of buying spree and Yemen conflict....or there may something going on between China and Pakistan.....I agree for such procurement you required months of homework but I think Pakistan already done it they just waited for right time......and right time just come to your doorstep..(same thing happen at afghan war).

In January Pakistan did pointed towards a new arms race after India and US entered into a defence agreement. Its been pretty long since Pakistan bought anything of significance. Its about time we started upgrading the conventional capabilities of our armed forces yet remaining under the umbrella of our nuclear weapons.

Looks like @HRK wants to remain in Lala land as even Kanwa's Jan 2015 isaue confirmed that the deal was inked only in December 2014 during IDEAS.Deliveries will begin only after 18-24 months.

As for Spada-2000 it is effective to a max range of 25 km and not 40.

@Basel BTW by the time Pakistan inducts HQ-9 (if the deal is ever signed) BDL would be rolling out Barak ER by then.

Is kanwa more reliable than Ministry of Defense Production-Pakistan ? 3 LY-80 sams are delivered to Pakistan. Check PAF section, there is thread on this topic already

Looks like @HRK wants to remain in Lala land as even Kanwa's Jan 2015 isaue confirmed that the deal was inked only in December 2014 during IDEAS.Deliveries will begin only after 18-24 months.

If Kanwa have reported something late its their mistake not mine, the said information was made available to public by 'official document' in July or August; in fact I was the first who reported that news here at the forum, search the forum I am not going to spoon feed you one more thing no personal attacks.

This report clearly mentions that US $ 266 million was used up in financial year 2013-14 for LY-80 systems Incl radar.

As all Chinese SAM contracts (except MANPADs) deliveries begin after 18-24 months after signing ( eg Myanmar recieved first KS-1 SAM in 2014 even though contract was signed in early 2012.) the missiles have not been delivered to Pakistan yet.

What's even funnier is that Pak members are claiming all three batteries delivered without knowing that it takes atleast 18 months to complete a order of three batteries from first delivery to final delivery.

This report clearly mentions that US $ 266 million was used up in financial year 2013-14 for LY-80 systems Incl radar.

As all Chinese SAM contracts (except MANPADs) deliveries begin after 18-24 months after signing ( eg Myanmar recieved first KS-1 SAM in 2014 even though contract was signed in early 2012.) the missiles have not been delivered to Pakistan yet.

What's even funnier is that Pak members are claiming all three batteries delivered without knowing that it takes atleast 18 months to complete a order of three batteries from first delivery to final delivery.

It's china Pakistan deal mate.

Finally we are on the right track. Seeing India's procurement and the pace at which they are being done I was thinking soon Pakistan would become a sitting duck. But better late than never.
I wish all the deals that we have been hearing about get through and not be like J-10B.
If Pakistan acquires the Chinese counterstealth radars along with these systems, our adversaries can kiss their 4th generation fleet goodbye!
Well isn't technology of that sort bit above our pay grade at the moment?

Finally we are on the right track. Seeing India's procurement and the pace at which they are being done I was thinking soon Pakistan would become a sitting duck. But better late than never.
I wish all the deals that we have been hearing about get through and not be like J-10B.

Well isn't technology of that sort bit above our pay grade at the moment?

Nukes were/are above our pay grade as well.

Nukes were/are above our pay grade as well.
Well they were but do you think that we need antistealth radars at the moment? For whom? India wont be having stealth fighters for what at least 15-20 years. Trust me I would love that PA or PAF having such a thing but we don't need it right now we even went for nukes once India had them.

But you were claiming deal was signed in December 2014 ? now it became financial year of 2013 ?. I guess you are having difficulty in counting as well, Financial year starts in July. Counting from july 2013 to april 2015 how many months has passed ?

Well they were but do you think that we need antistealth radars at the moment? For whom? India wont be having stealth fighters for what at least 15-20 years. Trust me I would love that PA or PAF having such a thing but we don't need it right now we even went for nukes once India had them.

They might be called anti-stealth radar, but in reality do you really think they are anti-stealth? That they can accurately detect and track, say a F-22 Raptor from 200km out? Probably not. USA would have thrown every type of radar against their stealth designs....that is why they call it 'stealth'

No point in having a warning distance of 50km....by that time the stand off weapons are well on their journey.

India is not having that stealth capability soon, so better to upgrade your AESA infrastructure. Once India get a stealth aircraft, Pakistan can get the same.......stealth for stealth would be like nuke for nuke.....you have them, they have them...so no it's all balanced.

Back
Top Bottom