What's new

Pakistan film industry fears 70% loss if ties with India worsen

And i am not surprised that indian media reported this news. What do you expect from make-believe Indian medias? :D
sigh, if only I realized this earlier, I wouldn't have wasted my time reading that crap

After Zia,s censorship quality continued to fall because of those criminals thats why our viewers stopped watching our movies but now in last 5 years quality has improved and Pakistani movies are making money not only in Pakistan but also abroad
Janaan was no 7 in the uk

In 2005 our drama industry was almost dead it took a lot of effort for its revival now we all can see improvement in quantity and quality so much that our dramas were even airing in Mid East with Arabic dubbing

Bhai who will make these bharti trolls understand though,huh?

And you posted news from 2008... In the end of 2016... Almost a decade old news ... Kinda pathetic .. :lol:

Heard of Pak cinema revival ? Our new releases are already competing favourably with Indian movies... So don't get your panties in a twist.
I posted an article that was old to emphasize the situation at that time.

This thread started with an article that was published a couple of days back.

And BOTH say the same thing.

But sure, you carry on with your talk. I am sure you are the epitome of knowledge which is why Pakistani cinema is conquering the world, Indian cinema has stopped airing Indian movies and air Pakistani movies, Hollywood has started tie ups with Pakistani movie makers among other milestones.

P.S: Instead of applying your mind to why I posted an old article, you went on to say words like 'pathetic'. I suppose everything is 'pathetic' when you have lower intelligence.

Things have changed a lot in 8 years
Let us see. The wheel will surely come full circle once Indian movies are banned again.

That time is gone by a "Decade".

A couple of days vs almost 9 years..

No they don't ... There were no Pak movie releases in 2008... The cinema owners depended on Hollywood and Bollywood .. Today that is changing..

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=...j0j8&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Take your pic... The revival of Pak movie industry has already begun.

But sure, you carry on with your talk. I am sure you are the epitome of knowledge which is why Pakistani cinema is conquering the world, Indian cinema has stopped airing Indian movies and air Pakistani movies, Hollywood has started tie ups with Pakistani movie makers among other milestones.

And the usual butthurt shyt continues when you clowns run out of arguements.

What's indian cinema conquering ? Outside the subcontinent and even in the sub continent sane people make fun of the nonsense you guys portray on your movies .. Most of which are rip off of Hollywood down to even dialogues .. Music being copied from Pak (hundreds or thousands of songs have been copied by you)...

Guy throwing cars around like hulk or sleezy item numbers aren't worth shyt.

I rather watch Kung Fu Panda than total the nonsensical crap you guys make..

Misleading Title: it should be "Cinema Industry", not " Film Industry"

Film Industry will have a positive impact on its growth.

That time is gone by a "Decade".

A couple of days vs almost 9 years..

No they don't ... There were no Pak movie releases in 2008... The cinema owners depended on Hollywood and Bollywood .. Today that is changing..
The reason why there were no Pakistani movie releases is because cinemas were shutting down as Pakistani movies in absence of any competition and Pakistani cultural norms limited their movies to just wars, feudal wars, gang wars and other such issues.

This was not the case when Indian movies were allowed in Pakistan. At that time Pakistan had a decent film industry. It went downhill.

The same will happen again.
And the usual butthurt shyt continues when you clowns run out of arguements.

What's indian cinema conquering ? Outside the subcontinent and even in the sub continent sane people make fun of the nonsense you guys portray on your movies .. Most of which are rip off of Hollywood down to even dialogues .. Music being copied from Pak (hundreds or thousands of songs have been copied by you)...

Guy throwing cars around like hulk or sleezy item numbers aren't worth shyt.

I rather watch Kung Fu Panda than total the nonsensical crap you guys make..
You may watch **** or wear a 2 feet long beard and not look at women for all I care.

Tens of millions of Pakistanis watch Indian cinema. Both on dvds as well as theaters. Tell these things to them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-bollywood-idUSISL17078720080425
Indian movies is the single reason why Pakistani cinemas are reviving and investing again.

First of all OP is wrong, 70% include bollywood and hollywood and Pakistani movie boxoffice share increased this year. So actual share is maybe less then 50% for bollywood. But you are right if not for bollywood people will not invest in multiplexes for time being. In 80's Punjab alone used to have 650 screens and Pakistan over 750. After Zia downfall of industry started because no investment was made to improve quality of movies neither cinemas. With time cinemas were being closed down and now around 100 screens remain including new multiplexes.

So right now Pakistan can't afford to ban bollywood, let them make as many multiplexes as they see fit. If we ban bollywood now it will mean end of new multiplexes which are still not enough, we need them for Pakistani movie industry to grow.

Another thing to remember 99% of Indian movies have no market in Pakistan, only big blockbusters with khans and few others earn in Pakistan box office, so basically around about 10 movies per year at best. Rest distributors don't even bother to release.

P.S: Instead of applying your mind to why I posted an old article, you went on to say words like 'pathetic'. I suppose everything is 'pathetic' when you have lower intelligence.

Let us see. The wheel will surely come full circle once Indian movies are banned again.
Will the business of cinemas be affected by this ban yes will it be significant enough to close them um no
Will this slowdown revival of cinema going culture yes

Will this have a negative impact on Pakistani Filmhouses no because now they see oppurtunity inside Pakistan and abroad they will not let their quality fall and allow their rivals to make a killing abroad and inside the country the new cinegoer is more quality conscious than the cinegoes of the last decade

First of all OP is wrong, 70% include bollywood and hollywood and Pakistani movie boxoffice share increased this year. So actual share is maybe less then 50% for bollywood. But you are right if not for bollywood people will not invest in multiplexes for time being. In 80's Punjab alone used to have 650 screens and Pakistan over 750. After Zia downfall of industry started because no investment was made to improve quality of movies neither cinemas. With time cinemas were being closed down and now around 100 screens remain including new multiplexes.

So right now Pakistan can't afford to ban bollywood, let them make as many multiplexes as they see fit. If we ban bollywood now it will mean end of new multiplexes which are still not enough, we need them for Pakistani movie industry to grow.
My point exactly.
The same thoughts were written a decade back, the same now. The actions then were the same, the same actions are attempted to be repeated again now. The same reasons were given then, the same reasons are being given now.

Its funny how they refuse to see what science says is clear.
Another thing to remember 99% of Indian movies have no market in Pakistan, only big blockbusters with khans and few others earn in Pakistan box office, so basically around about 10 movies per year at best.
Thats kind of mundane. The major revenue earned by Bollywood is by the headline movies which become blockbusters. They are the ones that run from Tokyo to New York. Its the same everywhere, not just in Pakistan.

its very hard to understand, why this pic presents that Pakistanies deying to watch indian movies.. why cant we just translate hollywood movies and play in our cinemas instead of indian movies.
we sud ban them in Pak till we built our industry even if it takes another 100 years.

Will the business of cinemas be affected by this ban yes will it be significant enough to close them um no
Will this slowdown revival of cinema going culture yes

Will this have a negative impact on Pakistani Filmhouses no because now they see oppurtunity inside Pakistan and abroad they will not let their quality fall and allow their rivals to make a killing abroad and inside the country the new cinegoer is more quality conscious than the cinegoes of the last decade

They will not close them down because hollywood/Pak movies will be enough but I doubt many will bother with investment in new multiplexes after that.

So this will have negative impact on Pak film makers. Lots of new multiplexes needed all over Pakistan.

its very hard to understand, why this pic presents that Pakistanies deying to watch indian movies.. why cant we just translate hollywood movies and play in our cinemas instead of indian movies.
we sud ban them in Pak till we built our industry even if it takes another 100 years.

Its possible if government support them but then some will say it will be waste of resources.

They will not close them down because hollywood/Pak movies will be enough but I doubt many will bother with investment in new multiplexes after that.

So this will have negative impact on Pak film makers. Lots of new multiplexes needed all over Pakistan.
It will slowdown the expansion but not stop it there is still a shortage of Multiplexes in our country
But i do agree the pace of expansion will be affected significantly

Back
Top Bottom