What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

he he whats the Migs doing in the F16 disscussion thread!

anyways i think that IF IF we can get the MLUz and the block 52 i dont think we will need anything else as they will be supported by thr JF17 and the FC20,,,but but there is a big big IF!!

he he whats the Migs doing in the F16 disscussion thread!

anyways i think that IF IF we can get the MLUz and the block 52 i dont think we will need anything else as they will be supported by thr JF17 and the FC20,,,but but there is a big big IF!!

Those IFs are the reason why we won't be able to rely ever on US. Therefore I'm happy we r getting FC20

Last edited:
There is a fighter jet by the name of MIG-33 super fulcrum in Tom Clancy's H.A.W.K. Maybe he's impressed by that and referring to it.:lol:

Then he should join Gamerboard but this is serious F 16 discussion, and a Pakistani suggesting we should beg for planes is a disgrace for PAK.

PAF has been using Sniper Pods for quite a while, I have used it so many times while flying over Bakhar and over Somi range Karachi. Most of the public didn't know that we had them and then it came in one of our PAF Songs, Still people didn't noticed it well a few did but most no tech people didn't know or to be frank who cared, People were more interested watching the fighter plus it was never displayed in front of the public.

sir only 3 secends we can see this from 3.15 to 3:18 this pod in paf song.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
sir its looking same but tip is round same as sniper pod .can you kindly clear whats type of this one?

PAF has been using Sniper Pods for quite a while, I have used it so many times while flying over Bakhar and over Somi range Karachi. Most of the public didn't know that we had them and then it came in one of our PAF Songs, Still people didn't noticed it well a few did but most no tech people didn't know or to be frank who cared, People were more interested watching the fighter plus it was never displayed in front of the public.

I guess by Sniper pod you mean a targeting pod. Sniper pod was selected by USAF in 2005 so it is not possible that PAF shall use it 20 years ago. Yes other targeting pods were used by air forces world wide and PAF used Atlis pod with F-16s. PAF may have used any other targeting pod too but not Sniper.

Sniper pod is a latest type of targeting pod and previously TIALD, ATLIS, LITENING and now DAMOCLES etc were/are used for delivery of PGMs (Precision-Guided Munitions) like Laser Guided Bombs.

http://www.vectorsite.net/twbomb_12.html

Last edited:
I guess by Sniper pod you mean a targeting pod. Sniper pod was selected by USAF in 2005 so it is not possible that PAF shall use it 20 years ago. Yes other targeting pods were used by air forces world wide and PAF used Atlis pod with F-16s. PAF may have used any other targeting pod too but not Sniper.

Sniper pod is a latest type of targeting pod and previously TIALD, ATLIS, LITENING and now DAMOCLES etc were/are used for delivery of PGMs (Precision-Guided Munitions) like Laser Guided Bombs.

[12.0] Targeting Pods

Thats Atlis I am talking about Z-12 sniper pod we got 3 from south africa the same chap made it who invented the so called super gun later he was killed God knows who killed him. PAF still uses it that tech was transfered by the doc to USA and now they have come up with so called sniper P. by the way the guy was an american who left Yamas and joined South A DOD.

F-16 Atlis

42b80ea847080873752bbb8c8faba9b3.jpg

with our MLUz we are going to get the sniper pod which are much more advanced then the atlis

the ATLIS-II
The Thomson-CSF ATLIS II (Automatic Tracking and Laser Integration System) is a French laser/electro-optical targeting pod for fighter bomber and attack aircraft.

ATLIS was developed starting in 1976, entering service in 1980. It was developed for the French Armée de l'Air, initially carried by SEPECAT Jaguar and Mirage 2000 aircraft.

ATLIS incorporates a laser designator boresighted with a television camera. The pilot or weapon systems officer uses the crosshairs to mark a target, which can then be attacked with laser-guided bombs or other guided weapons from the designating aircraft or other, friendly forces. Because it is designed for use by single-seat aircraft, it has a novel automatic lock-on feature, which keeps the laser focused on the target without further operator intervention (using an inertial guidance system, it can generally keep the laser on target even if the beam is temporarily interrupted by clouds).

ATLIS II is used by the SEPECAT Jaguar, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000, Mirage 2000N, and some Pakistani F-16s. It is compatible with various U.S. and French laser-guided bombs, with the French Aerospatiale AS-30L missile, and even with some Russian bombs and guided weapons.

The pod is limited in being primarily a daylight/clear-weather system, and is being slowly replaced by the more capable Thomson-CSF PDLCT ("Pod de Designation Laser a Camera Thermique" / Laser Designation Pod with Infrared Camera") and Thales Damocles, which has a FLIR.

Back
Top Bottom