What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Pakistan presses US for early provision of F-16s

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar on Tuesday urged the United States to help Pakistan meet its security requirements including the provision of F-16 aircraft. He was talking to United States Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W Patterson who called on him to discuss matters of bilateral interest. A statement by the Defence Ministry said the two officials exchanged views over the current bilateral defence cooperation. “The minister informed the US envoy about the defence requirements of Pakistan particularly the provision of F-16 aircraft,” the statement said. The US ambassador emphasised the need to further strengthen bilateral defence ties for mutual benefit. Both sides agreed to intensify bilateral cooperation to overcome the challenges being faced by Pakistan. The most recent US delivery of F-16 fighter aircraft to Pakistan was made in July last year. The US had provided the aircraft at no cost except for the expenses of transport from the US to Pakistan. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Hi Mastan khan,

I agree with u but do you ever think PAF will ever be able to be an agressor..i doubt it PAF might retalite in style and make the enemy bleed...besides our F-16's and JF-17's and all those other planes are good but they r not top of the line products!! yes being a PAKISTANI i am proud of PAF's new inventory...but we have to admit that due to political reasons we r a cash starved nation and will remain so...and india will keep purchasing things that we can drool upon!! but having said that maintence of such high end products will hurt india alot!!! so yes irnoically we will have a sort of a balance!!! anyhow 2015 is too far off can you please tell me when the first lot of F16 BLK 52 with BVR's and helmet mounted displays and avionics and everything that a BLK 52 should have arrive in pakistan

I agree with u but do you ever think PAF will ever be able to be an agressor..i doubt it PAF might retalite in style and make the enemy bleed...besides our F-16's and JF-17's and all those other planes are good but they r not top of the line products!!

Military is always aggressive..Its never purely defensive. It cant be..Enemy take one area, we capture another. So, this argument that we are defensive military is not all true. An airforce in particular is mostly offensive. We penetrate enemy to achive results for tomorrows battle. The famous Pathankot strike is a great example. It was a pre-emptive strike, offensive in nature and yielded great results. With new weapons and planes coming in, our offence capability would increase. This would happen due to better self protection, precision weapons, effectice counter measures and improved air environment controlling.

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar on Tuesday urged the United States to help Pakistan meet its security requirements including the provision of F-16 aircraft. He was talking to United States Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W Patterson who called on him to discuss matters of bilateral interest.

A statement by the Defence Ministry said the two officials exchanged views over the current bilateral defence cooperation. “The minister informed the US envoy about the defence requirements of Pakistan particularly the provision of F-16 aircraft,” the statement said. The US ambassador emphasised the need to further strengthen bilateral defence ties for mutual benefit.

Both sides agreed to intensify bilateral cooperation to overcome the challenges being faced by Pakistan. The most recent US delivery of F-16 fighter aircraft to Pakistan was made in July last year. The US had provided the aircraft at no cost except for the expenses of transport from the US to Pakistan.

the US had provided the aircraft at no cost except for the expenses of transport from the US to Pakistan.

What Cost???Nobody can pay the price of the blood of our Soldiers dying in WoT...i completely disagree with this statement:angry:

Pak urges US for early supply of F-16’s to meet defence requirements

Sensing the need of strengthening its air defence amidst high tension, and rising war fears with India, Pakistan has asked the United States for an early delivery of F-16 fighter jets.

Pakistan Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar has urged the United States to help Pakistan meet its security requirements, including the provision of F-16 aircraft, The Daily Times reported.

Mukhtar met US Ambassador to Pakistan, Anne W Patterson, and informed her about Pak’s military requirements.

“The Minister informed the US envoy about the defence requirements of Pakistan particularly the provision of F-16 aircraft,” a statement issued by the Pakistan Defence Ministry said.

The United States had agreed to provide Pakistan F-16 fighter aircrafts in July last year at no cost, except transportation charges from US to Pakistan. (ANI)

freshnews.in/pak-urges-us-for-early-supply-of-f-16%E2%80%99s-to-meet-defence-requirements-113573

i personally believe that its not the fighters that are delayed it is the AMRAAMs we have F-16's MLUs with us...in case of a misadventure by the enemy...the biggest problem we will face is the BVR threat...an F-16 without a AMRAAM is a good fighter but not able to perform to the best of its abiltiy

A question here if some one could answer perhaps a senior member, Out of the total 18 block-52 F-16s that we are getting, how many of them will be used in operational squadron and how many would put for backup,spare parts in case our relations with the US cool down?

A question here if some one could answer perhaps a senior member, Out of the total 18 block-52 F-16s that we are getting, how many of them will be used in operational squadron and how many would put for backup,spare parts in case our relations with the US cool down?

Icecold,

My good man, every single one of them would be used to the fullest of its abilities and capabilities----till they are torn apart beyond use---PAF has never been in a position to keep some of them for reserve or parts duty---as a principal no air force anywhere in the world keeps a hold on any of its planes as a backup for spare parts unless the aircraft is not airworthy or unsafe to fly----WAR BIRDS ARE WAR MACHINES---they will all keep flying till they meet their demise.

I agree with Mastan Khan. We are not in a position to keep some of them as spare/back up.

However what we can do is maintain healthy stock of spares to avoid the situation we were in during the 90's.

Rather than PAF buying a boom refueler just for F-16s, why not modify some under-wing droptanks with extendable refuelling probes so that they can use the IL-76 drogue refuellers? Fit one refuelling droptank to each F-16 when required.
How hard can it be? I read somewhere that another air force has done this.

Rather than PAF buying a boom refueler just for F-16s, why not modify some under-wing droptanks with extendable refuelling probes so that they can use the IL-76 drogue refuellers? Fit one refuelling droptank to each F-16 when required.
I could swear that F-16 could be modified for Hose-and-Drogue...

Icecold,

My good man, every single one of them would be used to the fullest of its abilities and capabilities----till they are torn apart beyond use---PAF has never been in a position to keep some of them for reserve or parts duty---as a principal no air force anywhere in the world keeps a hold on any of its planes as a backup for spare parts unless the aircraft is not airworthy or unsafe to fly----WAR BIRDS ARE WAR MACHINES---they will all keep flying till they meet their demise.

I agree. Mothballing happens when all other sources of spares have been exhausted. The blk-52s would be kept at the highest possible serviceability rates and given the fact that PAF has considerable relations with TUSAS/TUAF, I do not foresee a major problem (for as long as our relations with the US do not go the way of Pressler amendment).

Its doable however its a limited option. You can only store a limited amount of fuel in the droptanks on the wing stations. If you have to keep a few F-16s up in the air, it would be fairly difficult. I do not think that operation IL-78s and KC-10s would be that big of an issue. If one platform can be optimized for both boom refueling and drogue/probe then its great, however lacking that, we can handle two different platforms.

Back
Top Bottom