What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Awesome promo video! would like to see JF-17 promo video similar to this paid to westerns to shoot cuz we can`t make such promo videos in 100 years..

Working for LM is no big deal. You have to be an American citizen, have decent grades at a decent university and show that you are passionate about the aerospace and defence industries. I got an interview with them last year, but as a Canadian citizen I was not eligible for their government security clearances, so no job. I ended up interning with the Atomic Energy of Canada Limited instead.

After graduation, if I can't join the PAF, I'll want to work at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex or something related. I am originally from Wah, so I could also try the POF.

Sorry for going off topic a little bit, but I just wanted to let you know that LM is not the end of the world. Inshallah you will find something even better.

Thanks bro, I don't really want to work for Lockheed Martin cos it is an American company, but I would like to work for some similar organisation famed for it's engineering capabilities, preferably in Pakistan (or perhaps China), where I can learn and contribute. Hopefully Pakistan will develop itself a lot over the next decade or so to make this possible for me.:cool:

Had another idea.

Remove the F-16's 20mm gatling cannon, fit an extendable probe there. The probe can extend through the gun port and looking at the position of the gun, the probe system will be within reach of the fuel system's boom-refuelling connection point. Just connect them up, no need for a boom-refueller!

Of course, the problem is you either have no gun or you fit a gun pod to an external hardpoint.
But the way I see it, they shouldn't use expensive F-16s as dog-fighters anyway. Use them as beyond-visual range AMRAAM launching platforms and let JF-17s go close-in with infra-red seeking missiles - JF-17's are far more expendable than F-16s, PAF can replace them by simply building a few more. Therefore, the F-16s wouldn't really need guns as they aren't gonna go in close very often and if they do, they have sidewinders and JHMCS. If they still need guns, use a gun pod - F-16 has no shortage of hardpoints if it is being refuelled in-flight.

Howzat? :)

So what do you guys think? Should the gun be sacrificed for extended range/loitering time?

hj786,dude let me help u out in posting the pic!(this pic is from hj786)
30a91b5f999dde99c4a494831a1ee5ee.jpg

Guys is this the airframe/shape our new f-16's will have??

what arnt they the block 60z, from where are we going to get them,,

which nersion is this exactly??

We're getting Block 50/52.Block 60 is operated by 2 countries only so during sanctions time spares will be a huge problem!

We're getting Block 50/52.Block 60 is operated by 2 countries only so during sanctions time spares will be a huge problem!

Block 60s are operated by UAE only AFAIK. which is the second country? Israel? though their F-16s are advanced but I am not sure they are block 60s.

Btw, whats the difference between blk 50 and 52 and what is blk52+? I have seen these terms used interchangeably so many times.

Guys is this the airframe/shape our new f-16's will have??

i mean sir if you can please ell us what is this plane, i thought we were going for upgrdes of our palne while the picture shows something which i take to be the F16 block 60. so please clarify it!:what:

where and how are we getting this machine, it is not the upgraded Block 15 rather it is a completely new and latest F16 block 60 being used by UAE only so can anyone clarify please

where and how are we getting this machine, it is not the upgraded Block 15 rather it is a completely new and latest F16 block 60 being used by UAE only so can anyone clarify please

It is the F-16 block 50/52+ and we are getting 18 of these planes (brand new ones). Block 15s are what we already have and they are going only MLUs.

check this out for the shape of block 52: http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item21977.html

Last edited:
oh so it is the same old deal once again!! the block 52z,,

but sir WHEN are we going to get them, isnt it the same deal that was postponed until 2010 but the US congress and then itt will be disscussed in 2010??

Advanced versions of the Block 50/52 F-16s are difficult to tell from previous F-16s, as most changes are internal. However, the two-seat models of the Advanced Block 50/52 and Block 60 are equipped with a dorsal avionics compartment that accommodates all of the systems of the single-seat model as well as some special mission equipment and additional chaff/flare dispensers. Most aircraft are procured wit Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFT) for extended range and mission endurance. The rear cockpit can be configured for either a weapon system operator or an instructor pilot and can be converted with a single switch in the cockpit.

Advanced Engines
Advanced Block 50/52 aircraft have a common engine bay that allows customers a choice of engines in the 29,000-pound thrust class. The Block 50s and are powered by the General Electric F110-GE-129 and have the Modular Common Inlet Duct (known as the large mouth inlet). Block 60 aircraft (for the UAE) are fitted with GE F-110-GE-132 engine, a derivative of the F-110-GE-129 that is rated at 32,500 pounds of thrust. The Block 52s are powered by the Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 Improved performance Engine (IPE) which also has 29,000 pounds of thrust. The engine is configured with the Normal Shock Inlet (also known as the small mouth inlet). The aircraft is also equipped with an on-board oxygen-generating system replaces the liquid oxygen system of earlier versions to provide breathable air to the pilot. The system improves mission rate, maintainability, deployment flexibility and safety.

Targeting and Weapon Systems
For air/air missions, the aircraft is equipped with medium range missiles such as the AIM-120A AMRAAM. For close range combat, the aircraft can support the AIM-9X, IRIS-T, Python 4 and Python 5. The aircraft also retains the capability to use the six barrel 20mm Gatling gun. Block 52 configurations are also equipped with an advanced version of the APG-68 radar - the (V)9, while F-16E/F is fitted with the new APG-80 Active Electronic Scanning Array (AESA) system. These new radars have improved performance, higher processing speed and memory capacities and improved high-resolution synthetic aperture radar mode which allows the pilot to locate and recognize tactical ground targets from considerable distances. In conjunction with inertial aided weapons, the advanced F-16 gains an enhanced capability for all-weather precision strike from standoff distances. Modern F-16s of the advanced Block 50/52 can accommodate various targeting systems, including the Lockheed Martin Sniper XR/Pantera, and Northrop Grumman/RAFAEL Litening. These pods are used for target identification, acquisition and designation for smart, GPS guided munitions or laser guided bombs such as GBU-31 Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM), the AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW), SPICE guided weapon, and CBU-103/104/105 Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser (WCMD). The later can also be cued by target data provided directly from the radar, in low visibility conditions. On recce missions, advanced F-16s can also carry autonomous reconnaissance pods on the centerline, on intelligence gathering penetration or standoff sorties.

Navigation Systems
A navigation pod, such as LANTIRN/Pathfinder and digital terrain models are contributing to a safe, accurate low level flight. The aircraft is also equipped with various navigation systems such as tactical air navigation (TACAN), VHF omnidirectional receiver (VOR), distance measuring equipment (DME), and instrument landing system. An integrated precision navigation suite consisting of a ring laser gyro inertial navigation system (INS), global positioning system (GPS), and digital terrain system (DTS) are also standard.

Cockpit Configurations
The standard configuration of an Advanced Block 50/52 cockpit features helmet-mounted cueing system, which allows the pilot to direct sensors or weapons to his line of sight or to help him find a designated target. Head-Up Display and several color multifunction displays and advanced recording and data-transfer equipment is used to reduce pilot workload in every phase of the mission. The cockpit is compatible with night vision goggles. A common configuration includes multi-channel VHF/UHF/HF/Data communications, satellite communication and tactical data link systems (such as the NATO-standard Link 16), in addition. Link 16 provides secure, jam-resistant, high-volume data exchange on a multi-node network. Also standard is the combined friend from foe interrogator/ transponder, which permits autonomous identification to maximize launch ranges of radar-guided air-to-air missiles at distances beyond visual range (BVR).

:pakistan:

oh so it is the same old deal once again!! the block 52z,,

but sir WHEN are we going to get them, isnt it the same deal that was postponed until 2010 but the US congress and then itt will be disscussed in 2010??

we will be getting them in 2010 and we have an option to buy 18 more.

Back
Top Bottom