What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Thanks for posting. I had it in my mind that this was a fixed duration contract but I did not know it was to last till June of this year. I thought this had expired earlier.

X-Posting my own post:

Gentlemen - I've tried to do an analysis of Pakistan Air Force's Air to Ground Weapons & Capability. And the kind of threat and challenge it poses to India. Please do have a look and do share your feedback. Do point out errors, if any, in the comments section. Or, in case I've missed something significant.

I've attempted to do an objective, and factual analysis here. Request you to keep the replies/comments factual and to the point.

Many thanks.

X-Posting my own post:

Gentlemen - I've tried to do an analysis of Pakistan Air Force's Air to Ground Weapons & Capability. And the kind of threat and challenge it poses to India. Please do have a look and do share your feedback. Do point out errors, if any, in the comments section. Or, in case I've missed something significant.

I've attempted to do an objective, and factual analysis here. Request you to keep the replies/comments factual and to the point.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for the video. Great effort.

1649978284380.png

Syed Zohaib Zaidi Photography

Evening was approaching Pathankot as Wing Commander Dandapani made a phone call to Pathankot air base from Amritsar's 230 SU. Dandapani asked for (Pathankot station commander Group Captain Roshan) Suri, and on being told that he was not available was put through to Wing Commander Kuriyan, the OC Flying.
Dandapani told Kuriyan that they had painted several Sabres, coming from the vicinity of Sarghoda and going 'off the scope', as they went below the radar horizon. But he could see one lone aircraft coming in at an altitude of 19,000 feet. This lone aircraft was probably scouting the way ahead for the main formation. This had all the tell-tale signs of an incoming raid. Dandapani suggested that Kuriyan scramble Pathankot's air defence fighters.
Here, things get confusing. Dandapani insists that Kuriyan refused to scramble the air patrol and pooh-poohed his fears of the incoming raid. Kuriyan claims to have immediately informed Suri... but was ordered off the shift... Squadron Leader J F Josephs, duty pilot that day in the ATC, could overhear the radio conversation between Kuriyan and Dandapani. As one ATC officer turned to him and asked, 'What the hell is going on?' Josephs replied 'Don't ask, just watch the west'.
Even as frantic attempts were made to get Base Ops on the phone, all eyes in the ATC turned west... As the Sabres left, 10 plumes of smoke rose in the air. The raid had been highly successful, resulting in the destruction of ten IAF aircraft...

Evening was approaching Pathankot as Wing Commander Dandapani made a phone call to Pathankot air base from Amritsar's 230 SU. Dandapani asked for (Pathankot station commander Group Captain Roshan) Suri, and on being told that he was not available was put through to Wing Commander Kuriyan, the OC Flying.
Dandapani told Kuriyan that they had painted several Sabres, coming from the vicinity of Sarghoda and going 'off the scope', as they went below the radar horizon. But he could see one lone aircraft coming in at an altitude of 19,000 feet. This lone aircraft was probably scouting the way ahead for the main formation. This had all the tell-tale signs of an incoming raid. Dandapani suggested that Kuriyan scramble Pathankot's air defence fighters.
Here, things get confusing. Dandapani insists that Kuriyan refused to scramble the air patrol and pooh-poohed his fears of the incoming raid. Kuriyan claims to have immediately informed Suri... but was ordered off the shift... Squadron Leader J F Josephs, duty pilot that day in the ATC, could overhear the radio conversation between Kuriyan and Dandapani. As one ATC officer turned to him and asked, 'What the hell is going on?' Josephs replied 'Don't ask, just watch the west'.
Even as frantic attempts were made to get Base Ops on the phone, all eyes in the ATC turned west... As the Sabres left, 10 plumes of smoke rose in the air. The raid had been highly successful, resulting in the destruction of ten IAF aircraft...
1649981799086.png

Any good book recommendations to read on the PAF and the missions they've carried out?

Great Air Battles of Pakistan Air Force by Kaiser Tufail and Flight of the Falcon by Nosey Haider. These are the only ones which i have read at least.
Look what I found on my desk!
I will also add "In the ring and on its Feet" by A/Cdre Kaiser Tufail. A brilliant and dispassionate account of PAF's preparation and execution on 71 air war in both theaters.
Also if you can find Fiza'yya - Psyche of Pakistan Airforce by Pushpinder Singh and Ravi Rakhiye. A very goo account of PAF as seen by our eastern neighbors. Pushpinder Singh was arguably one of the best Military Aviation journalist from South Asia. They were given unrestricted access to PAF archives and they did a good job.

1649989666527.png

X-Posting my own post:

Many thanks.

3 minutes in and its already full of inaccuracies and bias.

Back
Top Bottom