What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

J for Jharoo maybe - any US defense or even dual use equipment is no longer on any table for Pakistan. The ramifications of the last few days aren’t going away by a single statement by COAS. What will it take and if it ever gets fixed is all speculation now.
For now onwords American based defense stuff for Pakistan chapter will be closed totally..

Now major and most important question is that how Pakistan will keep functional these Americans defense stuff in context of possible blockage of spare parts in coming years

1649103683821.png

For now onwords American based defense stuff for Pakistan chapter will be closed totally..

Now major and most important question is that how Pakistan will keep functional these Americans defense stuff in context of possible blockage of spare parts in coming years

I am surprised that spares have not been blocked but reality is that the minimum in cooperation is continuing it seems. We held a exercise just last month with USAF in Pakistan and as recently as late last year contracts are still being awarded for updating the AIDEWS on the F-16s and extending the Technical Security Team contracts for more years, so it does seem the US are doing the very minimum needed to keep our fleet flying. How long this lasts I am not sure, but I agree with you, chapter on US based weaponry has come to an end. For Army it already has (Cobras on the way out and the MII3/M109s we can pretty much maintain ourselves via HIT), Navy just have a few Orions and a single OHP all of which have replacements now being delivered. Only really the F-16 that we depend on for US and of course some critical components in European weapons (ITAR) but I think Pak forces are now keeping these to a minimum

I am surprised that spares have not been blocked but reality is that the minimum in cooperation is continuing it seems. We held a exercise just last month with USAF in Pakistan and as recently as late last year contracts are still being awarded for updating the AIDEWS on the F-16s and extending the Technical Security Team contracts for more years, so it does seem the US are doing the very minimum needed to keep our fleet flying. How long this lasts I am not sure, but I agree with you, chapter on US based weaponry has come to an end. For Army it already has (Cobras on the way out and the MII3/M109s we can pretty much maintain ourselves via HIT), Navy just have a few Orions and a single OHP all of which have replacements now being delivered. Only really the F-16 that we depend on for US and of course some critical components in European weapons (ITAR) but I think Pak forces are now keeping these to a minimum
Americans will play with time, in coming time we will see any new sanction that will stop spares as well.

You are right Navy is already out is totally going in china major and turkish as secondary supply chain.

Army is almost out in coming years, moving to china alternative for aviation can go to Italian

Regarding PAF F16 they can look for Turkish support under hand or black market to some extend but offcourse for major spare they need Americans and secondly old C130 and TPl redar will need support in coming years.

Americans will play with time, in coming time we will see any new sanction that will stop spares as well.

You are right Navy is already out is totally going in china major and turkish as secondary supply chain.

Army is almost out in coming years, moving to china alternative for aviation can go to Italian

Regarding PAF F16 they can look for Turkish support under hand or black market to some extend but offcourse for major spare they need Americans and secondly old C130 and TPl redar will need support in coming years.

C-130 spares are very common and extremely difficult to sanction, even Iran and Libya kept their C-130s flying for decades.

F-16 support can indeed come from quite a few friendly countries like Turkey, Indonesia, Iraq etc but eventually will need unique parts and new weapons that we will only be able to source from the US. If it does come to a complete embargo then I guess that means we literally will be one step away from actually being a US enemy, so will have other issues to worry about, I personally do not see the US going that far but nothing they do surprises me anymore.....

Also if the US does embargo us completly there is nothing at all stopping us from giving China every little secret on the Block 52, the Sniper pod, DB-110, AMRAAM C-5 etc and completley kicking the US Technical Security team out of their nice air condition accomodation at Shabaz and Mushaf....

C-130 spares are very common and extremely difficult to sanction, even Iran and Libya kept their C-130s flying for decades.

F-16 support can indeed come from quite a few friendly countries like Turkey, Indonesia, Iraq etc but eventually will need unique parts and new weapons that we will only be able to source from the US. If it does come to a complete embargo then I guess that means we literally will be one step away from actually being a US enemy, so will have other issues to worry about, I personally do not see the US going that far but nothing they do surprises me anymore.....

Also if the US does embargo us completly there is nothing at all stopping us from giving China every little secret on the Block 52, the Sniper pod, DB-110, AMRAAM C-5 etc and completley kicking the US Technical Security team out of their nice air condition accomodation at Shabaz and Mushaf....
Right sir, C130 will be maintained by black market as in past we even get Israel spare for F16 via black market.

Total sanction might not come due Afghanistan reason, but Americans are good blockage specially when they know its critical..

Regarding china.. what ever we have china already have it by there link.. look as major Chinese stuff most them and good A copies.

Hi,

There are a few things we wont do till the end and this is one of them.

Point to be noted

Don't think the US team is at Shahbaz any longer. That was a fixed duration setup. Now they can conduct inspections by flying in but as far as I know, they do not sit at Shahbaz.

Don't think the US team is at Shahbaz any longer. That was a fixed duration setup. Now they can conduct inspections by flying in but as far as I know, they do not sit at Shahbaz.

Below seems to indicate that there is TST work being done in Pak, Shabaz would be the obvious choice no?

Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., McLean, Virginia, has been awarded an $11,873,715 cost-plus-fixed-fee, cost-reimbursable contract for Technical Security Team support services. This contract provides for program management, technology security support, food services support and facilities management support. Work will be performed in locations in Pakistan and is expected to be completed by June 30, 2022. This contract involves 100% Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and was a sole-source acquisition. FMS funds in the amount of $11,873,715 were obligated at time of award. The Air Force Security and Assistance Directorate, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity (FA8630-22-C-5001).

PDF Version
pakistan_19-29.pdf
Media/Public Contact
pm-cpa@state.gov
Transmittal No
19-29
WASHINGTON, July 26, 2019 - The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Pakistan for Technical Security Team (TST) in continued support of the F-16 program for an estimated cost of $125 million. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale on July 26, 2019.
The Government of Pakistan requested a continuation of technical support services; U.S. Government and contractor technical and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistics support to assist in the oversight of operations in support of the Pakistan Peace Drive advanced F-16 program. The total estimated program cost is $125 million.
This proposed sale will support the foreign policy and national security of the United States by protecting U.S. technology through the continued presence of U.S. personnel that provide 24/7 end-use monitoring.
The proposed sale of this support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The principal contractor is Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Services LLC, Fairborn, Ohio.
Implementation of this proposed sale will require the assignment of 60 contractor representatives to Pakistan to assist in the oversight of operations as part of the Peace Drive F-16 program.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.
All questions regarding this proposed Foreign Military Sale should be directed to the State Department's Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Office of Congressional and Public Affairs, pm-cpa@state.gov.
-30-

Back
Top Bottom