What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

"kill switch" might if present would work in gulf/arab scenario for those nations. When it comes to Pak-india I am doubting kill switch since US wants its systems to be proven yet again against russian/french technologies. They indeed want to see Made in USA perform best against the opponents. It is foolish to think US would want such system embedded to embarrass Pakistan to lose, such moves are dangerous from the point of preemptive nuclear strike as well that cannot be ruledout.

aren't we talking about future, where we r expecting 126 f-18 E/F on 18 f-16 C/D. while India Paying Billions to USA for various weapon range and we r begging for a minimum quantity. where USA calls India a strategic partner and we are still on talks, as we call it "strategic negotiation". plus we are the terrorists and they are the democratic country. our soldiers die for aid money and their military gave billion dollars for weapon supply.
it wont hurt USA loosing a poor country with a bunch of their bird in inventory. they can bury every thing saying "PAF PILOTS WERE NOT THE WORLD CLASS FIGHTERS" in the end.

Last edited:
It might not hurt americans but neither you nor I'm in the hierarchy of the Armed Forced what sort of impact and decision could be made if such so called "kill switch" comes into effect.

Lastly if there is no proof of kill switch lets move on and do something better. Pakistan is the world's No 6/7 largest arm importer of the biggest suppliers are US and China. Does it make sense US losing a customer over all, I don't think so Pakistan would in years to come detach it self from world class manufacture of Systems/Arms/Weapons.

People here are posting numerous posts to support kill switch theory with 0 content of reality or absolute truth. Support it with Proof.

It might not hurt americans but neither you nor I'm in the hierarchy of the Armed Forced what sort of impact and decision could be made if such so called "kill switch" comes into effect.

Lastly if there is no proof of kill switch lets move on and do something better. Pakistan is the world's No 6/7 largest arm importer of the biggest suppliers are US and China. Does it make sense US losing a customer over all, I don't think so Pakistan would in years to come detach it self from world class manufacture of Systems/Arms/Weapons.

People here are posting numerous posts to support kill switch theory with 0 content of reality or absolute truth.

well the matter of fact is, our engineers are not that dump at all. don't they get user manual with new machines :lol:
how could they make a bird like Thunder without operating F-16 :P

People here are posting numerous posts to support kill switch theory with 0 content of reality or absolute truth. Support it with Proof.

With all due respect sir if someone were to post concrete proof of kill switch on this forum he would probably disapear overnight. His relatives would be asking the Chief Justice to search for him like other missing people.

abaseen99-albums-modern-weapons-picture4172t-883a25ef7e-1.jpg
abaseen99-albums-modern-weapons-picture4173t-96eb8cd873-1.jpg

Pakistan-Turkey to undertake joint defence production

ISLAMABAD, Dec 7 (APP): Pakistan and Turkey agreed to further enhance bilateral cooperation in various fields particularly in the area of defence.Both the brotherly countries highlighted the need for undertaking Joint Defence Productions benefitting the two brotherly nations in terms of improving and strengthening their defence capability.A unanimous agreement focussing the joint defence productions was reached at a meeting held between Minister for Defence Ch. Ahmad Mukhtar and his Turkish counterpart Vecdi Gonul, in Ankara on Tuesday, says a fax message received from Ankara.

The meeting reviewed the ongoing projects in the defence sector that includes the overhauling of F-16 aircraft. It was agreed to strengthen the existing high level cooperation forum that provides a better platform for improving our relations in various fields.

The minister also thanked his Turkish counterpart for providing assistance for the rehabilitation of flood victims of Pakistan

i think PAF guys are not fool...if kill switch was a major issue then they wouldn't go for the blk-52..and i think PAF engineers ain't dumb too...

this is just my thinking..not every1 have to believe on this:D

According to software point of view, a kill switch cannot just turn of the systems of an aircraft when airborne. It could cause a crash. Rebooting isn't easy in air. One more thing to consider is that all systems are tested prior to take off and ammunitions updated in the aircraft's digital inventory. If a F-16 is to fly with 2 AMRAAMs then the inventory would be updated accordingly. There is no question of jamming of missiles when the pilot tries to fire on a locked target. Though it is possible for a transmitting device in range of the aircraft that is specially built to target systems on a F-16 to jam the inventory and its functionality. IMO we need not to worry about the kill switches. There aren't any.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom