What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Doubt the above for a specific reason..
To scramble GPS.. you would have to know the frequencies on which it operates..
the Encryption..etc...and a whole bunch of classified details.
While the Americans may be able to do so if they wished to attack US.. they would never hand it over to the Indians..
Specifically to avoid any possible contingency that may arise with India..however unlikely it seems.
It is possible to give the tech to Israel..but that is that.
Also..
Even if they manage to scramble the GPS..
They leave the other systems operational...
To scramble a jet via this method..they would have to transmit a signal on the GPS carrier wave..that when received triggers a trojan.
seems unlikely..
What they may do.. is down grade the accuracy of the JDAM's being given to us...and they have already refused DRFM..
That is that..

photo_28639.jpg

46th TS F-16B from Eglin Test wing in the static at Oceana, this jet has now been delivered to the Pakistan Airforce

photo_50793.jpg

Delivered to Pakistan as 92-614

the original tgt was 100 and i believe the PAF is still 'persuing' this objective!

Sir, This is a necessity. India after upgradation of it's fleet is likely to have about 300 High tech fighters comprising SU 30s and Mig 29s. At least 100 Hi tech fighters are required at the pakistani side to meet the conventional defenders ratio of 1:3

photo_28639.jpg

46th TS F-16B from Eglin Test wing in the static at Oceana, this jet has now been delivered to the Pakistan Airforce

photo_50793.jpg

So it's 46F-16 A/B's + 12 F-16 Block 52's=58 F-16's

Am I right?:azn:

these are in addition to the 46 f-16 a/b currently operated by PAF? when they were delivered? Can you provide us with some detail

6 more we will gt in this month..so total 64 and 14 more

means 78 at all..

Why did we get an additional F-16 Block 15? Am I missing something or we're suppose to get 14 more embargoed F-16 Block 15s and this one that just came was part of the embargoed ones?

I always brought up that issue many times in this forum specially after seeing the past record of US but many senior members (i don't want to take their names as they might feel offended) rejected it simply by saying that i m bringing in childish stuff,and it can't happen in reality but i believe everything is possible keeping in mind US track record and the type of tech they have

By the way it will be eye-opener for those members who denied my effort because these words are directly coming out from none other than Paf associates
Consider this:

Can you imagine the international response if kill-switches were ever activated on American equipment sold to "allies" such as Pakistan and Australia?

The Defence industry is the United States' largest domestic industry and generates the most amount of revenue. The US is also the largest international arms exporter, worth up to $7-8 Billion every year. It is, in addition to their space program, the only thing that sets them apart in the world anymore. As it is, they have been losing ground to the Russians, Chinese, Europeans and Israelis in this sector of late. If kill-switches are ever activated post-sale, it would be disastrous for their foreign defence sales. You think world-peace is worth their arms industry to the US? That's right.

Anyway, the PAF would likely take precautions if these possibilities were real. We can hack too, you know.

Therefore, technically, yes its possible. I've always said that. However, realistically speaking, this would never happen.

PAF Ace, don't take 'kill switches' in literary terms.
It could be limitation in operation while our adversary have CM from US.
It could be GPS based tracking chip, some thing like which guide US drones.

US need not to integrate so called 'kill switches' in equipment of rest of the world.
US knows it can over power other nations without kill switches, but in case for PAF they knows the potential.
we all and PAF experts can only think up to the tech. known to the world.

US have no love for Pakistan army....and they will try every trick in their books to make our army handicap before opening any front....and they have already tried all possible tricks.

Every one who has been reading news papers from last 5 years know that Pakistan's regime change was triggered by collective Indo-west.. while India, US and UK played key role.

While US have time and again stated these F-16 are not for use against India and when the time comes and it didn't work.... who stands corrected?
Mind it India does not necessarily need to secure their goals through frond doors, India has many sympathizers and cross marriages in west.

Why did we get an additional F-16 Block 15? Am I missing something or we're suppose to get 14 more embargoed F-16 Block 15s and this one that just came was part of the embargoed ones?

they will be MLU'ed - we have 11 extra kits available - so 3 additional kits will be purchased.

Sir, This is a necessity. India after upgradation of it's fleet is likely to have about 300 High tech fighters comprising SU 30s and Mig 29s. At least 100 Hi tech fighters are required at the pakistani side to meet the conventional defenders ratio of 1:3

dont forget the 40 FC-20's

Technically kill switches can very much be present.

Physically there is no means of confirming that they exist or not. Considering worst case scenarios we must assume that these switches exist.

In such a case if India launches an attack our systems may be active. However if we launch an attack our systems shall surely be switched off. Consider 2008 when US requested Pakistan to allow one surgical strike a request that was turned down. This time the US will simply operate the kill switches. US equipment restores balance only if the US wants the balance to be restored.

That is why the 40 FC-20s are so important.

"kill switch" might if present would work in gulf/arab scenario for those nations. When it comes to Pak-india I am doubting kill switch since US wants its systems to be proven yet again against russian/french technologies. They indeed want to see Made in USA perform best against the opponents. It is foolish to think US would want such system embedded to embarrass Pakistan to lose, such moves are dangerous from the point of preemptive nuclear strike as well that cannot be ruledout.

The aim of the kill switch is to ensure that the delivered system is used as per the agreements.

If we intend to stay within the agreed limits than I am sure the Kill Switches are not going to be a problem.

The aim of the kill switch is to ensure that the delivered system is used as per the agreements.
If we intend to stay within the agreed limits than I am sure the Kill Switches are not going to be a problem.

As Per Agreement, Is there any secret agreement between Pakistan/US not to use it across the border. (As long as there is no confirmation of it then the so called agreement is not in place)

Within limits, that would be over Pakistan airspace only, that doesn't sound realistic. If kill switch is to safeguard indian interests then even Pakistan airspace is restricted for the use of AMRAAMs therefore I'm not buying kill switch theory.

Back
Top Bottom