What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

F-16 is a living legend,no comparison in my view
I couldn't agree with you more.

You of all people know that i'm a huge Falcon/Viper fan. But, ...
Never wanted it but..Majbori,will tell you...
...don't think of it as 'Majbori', but rather an Opportunity.

As great of a success the F-16 has been in the PAF for nearly 4-decades, but its also been a quicksand that we just can't seem to get out of.

Democrats today - Republicans tomorrow.

PTI today - PML (N) tomorrow.

Kickbacks - Corruption - and Lord knows what other ravens we have hiding in the closet.

We could always pick up used-F-16's (if) the US is ever in the mood of selling us any, but lets not beat a dead horse hoping for a miracle and waste another decade in the process.

I couldn't agree with you more.

You of all people know that i'm a huge Falcon/Viper fan. But, ...

...don't think of it as 'Majbori', but rather an Opportunity.

As great of a success the F-16 has been in the PAF for nearly 4-decades, but its also been a quicksand that we just can't seem to get out of.

Democrats today - Republicans tomorrow.

PTI today - PML (N) tomorrow.

Kickbacks - Corruption - and Lord knows what other ravens we have hiding in the closet.

We could always pick up used-F-16's (if) the US is ever in the mood of selling us any, but lets not beat a dead horse hoping for a miracle and waste another decade in the process.
One should also question the procurement team from Pak's side. Apparently they are terrible from what I have been told. They ask for outer space when the ceiling is 40000 feet.

One should also question the procurement team from Pak's side. Apparently they are terrible from what I have been told. They ask for outer space when the ceiling is 40000 feet.
Okay. Would you care to elaborate on this: Procurement Team

Because only a handful of Members here may have a clue but for most, you'd have to tell us that it means...:
a. The Government/Ministry of Defense
b. The PAF - which would make no sense as they'd know better than anyone what are the limitations of an Aircraft.

Okay. Would you care to elaborate on this: Procurement Team

Because only a handful of Members here may have a clue but for most, you'd have to tell us that it means...:
a. The Government/Ministry of Defense
b. The PAF - which would make no sense as they'd know better than anyone what are the limitations of an Aircraft.
a. Gives out the cash.
It is b. I'll PM you about it. And yes, it shouldn't make sense but you'd be surprised.

Im guessing not too many are familiar with procurement practices but claim to make the best deals ala Trump?

I believe that the J-10c has many hidden capabilities and consider it to be an effective platform to bridge the Gap between F-16 and Jf-17. IMO it can easily take over the F-16s role and leave those fighters for some serious aerial work.

No matter how much we say that the Jf-17 is capable at the end of the day it is a light weight multirole fighter and cannot be compared to the J-10c.

Last edited:
It is b. I'll PM you about it. And yes, it shouldn't make sense but you'd be surprised.

What kind of team is it? Some Intermediate boys having no knowledge while being part of one of the best Air Forces. They must have been asking for Raptor if this is the case as you said. I would rather expect that there are limitations for our side hence, prolonged negotiations & want of best deal to save more for us but this kind of approach,,,, really?

What kind of team is it? Some Intermediate boys having no knowledge while being part of one of the best Air Forces. They must have been asking for Raptor if this is the case as you said. I would rather expect that there are limitations for our side hence, prolonged negotiations & want of best deal to save more for us but this kind of approach,,,, really?
Raptor was close enough.

Basically I feel there is a divide in the air force. F-16 fanboys and then the realists.

Basically I feel there is a divide in the air force. F-16 fanboys and then the realists.

Given the capability and performance of a platform, fanboyism only exists outside the concern quarters. Those who likes the Falcon, have their own set of merits & reasons thereof. There are no divide but realistic approach of yay and nay in the same Force.

Given the capability and performance of a platform, fanboyism only exists outside the concern quarters. Those who likes the Falcon, have their own set of merits & reasons thereof. There are no divide but realistic approach of yay and nay in the same Force.
Hopefully that is true.

Remember that once upon a time we didn’t need twin seat JFTs either....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom