What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

What SOWs these F16s can carry against IA Formations?

Unsure, but even iron bombs and LGBs will come in handy, it will be a numbers game when it comes to striking the big Indian formations, ideally you want planes that can carry a lot of bombs and take out whole Brigade groups

Unsure, but even iron bombs and LGBs will come in handy, it will be a numbers game when it comes to striking the big Indian formations, ideally you want planes that can carry a lot of bombs and take out whole Brigade groups
CBU 105 type weapons come in Handy. Sadly India has it and Pakistan do not

With JF-17s and F-16 MLU + Bl52s providing air cover in war there may be no need to upgrade the ADFs. But considering these jets are deployed at Bholari I'm not sure how they'll fare in a sudden ADA scramble against BVR equipped Mirage 2000 for instance..

With JF-17s and F-16 MLU + Bl52s providing air cover in war there may be no need to upgrade the ADFs. But considering these jets are deployed at Bholari I'm not sure how they'll fare in a sudden ADA scramble against BVR equipped Mirage 2000 for instance..

Chances are they will never be put in that situation, like on Feb 27th they will have support from other assets, days of just one on one fighter duels are long gone and just for films. PAF will fight like it trains at Anatolian Eagle and Red Flag. Combined packages with supporting EW/AEW, a strike formation of F-16s ADFs will probably have top cover by a few JF-17s or MLUs

T

This is the point, if we have a 75 aircraft F-16 fleet is matters little of 14 of them cannot carry AMRAAM, not all F-16s will be in the BVR role, we can use ADFs to save hours on the rest of the fleet, especially if 19Sqd is in an OCU role. These jets are still formidable in the air to ground role and I suspect that much of their role and reason for the current base maybe to deep strike any Indian Army formations in Rajahstan desert....
using a jet that is modified for air defence and interception in air to ground role alone doesnt seem to be a sensible plan of action.

im fairly certain all of our falcons carry APG-68's. Here's my reasoning. From 2007-2011 we received 45 APG-68V9's. We had also received 32 F-16's (modernized A variants and block 52's.) This puts the total number of APG-68V9's to 77, i.e the same size as our fleet before the griffins crash. This figure also does not include spares iirc.

upload_2020-6-28_15-15-2.png

Ive redacted all of he unnecessary information. This should put a rest to the rumors.

using a jet that is modified for air defence and interception in air to ground role alone doesnt seem to be a sensible plan of action.

PAF use all it's jets in multrole configuration, this has been PAF philisophy for mangy years. Just because they fine tuned the F-16 for air defence it did suddenly not stop becoming a great multirole fighter. Always has been.

Chances are they will never be put in that situation, like on Feb 27th they will have support from other assets, days of just one on one fighter duels are long gone and just for films. PAF will fight like it trains at Anatolian Eagle and Red Flag. Combined packages with supporting EW/AEW, a strike formation of F-16s ADFs will probably have top cover by a few JF-17s or MLUs

Thank you I agree. But you're talking of a strike package.. I'm concerned about the possibility of an IAF incursion through BVR jets from that sector and PAF ADFs would be scrambled...in that case..the IAF jets would likely fire from BVR and this could be a problem..

Apologies in advance if this scenario appears irrational but its just a possibility no matter how remote.

im fairly certain all of our falcons carry APG-68's. Here's my reasoning. From 2007-2011 we received 45 APG-68V9's. We had also received 32 F-16's (modernized A variants and block 52's.) This puts the total number of APG-68V9's to 77, i.e the same size as our fleet before the griffins crash. This figure also does not include spares iirc.

View attachment 645541

Ive redacted all of he unnecessary information. This should put a rest to the rumors.

Problem is that ADF radars are not upgraded. The rest are :)

Thank you I agree. But you're talking of a strike package.. I'm concerned about the possibility of an IAF incursion through BVR jets from that sector and PAF ADFs would be scrambled...in that case..the IAF jets would likely fire from BVR and this could be a problem..

Apologies in advance if this scenario appears irrational but its just a possibility no matter how remote.

How do you know? We ordered enough radars to upgrade every single one of our aircraft?

View attachment 645541

Think you may be incorrect here

We had 32 A/Bs, then got another 14 A/Bs from USAF fleet (former embargoes planes US was using as Aggressors)

Ads up to 46 units (minus one attrition) 45 which is exact amount of APG-68s we purchased. The MLU programme did not take into account the Jordanian F-16s as these were purchased at a later date

Think you may be incorrect here

We had 32 A/Bs, then got another 14 A/Bs from USAF fleet (former embargoes planes US was using as Aggressors)

Ads up to 46 units (minus one attrition) 45 which is exact amount of APG-68s we purchased. The MLU programme did not take into account the Jordanian F-16s as these were purchased at a later date

Our total fleet size is 76? including the 30 something 52's and embargoed A/B?

If that scenario was true and we were in a state of high alert all PAF planes would be deployed to FOBs. Highly unlikely PAF would leave an air base so exposed with a JF-17/MLU detachment

Our total fleet size is 76? including the 30 something 52's and embargoed A/B?

Including attrition fleet size is 75 planes

44 MLUs
13 ADFs
18 Block 52s

If that scenario was true and we were in a state of high alert all PAF planes would be deployed to FOBs. Highly unlikely PAF would leave an air base so exposed with a JF-17/MLU detachment

Including attrition fleet size is 75 planes

44 MLUs
13 ADFs
18 Block 52s

Im a little confused. So we know the MLUs are upgraded, according to F-16.net, Jordan had upgraded all of their ADF's to MLU standard which would add the V9?

Im a little confused. So we know the MLUs are upgraded, according to F-16.net, Jordan had upgraded all of their ADF's to MLU standard which would add the V9?

please refer to post#13325

but there are reports that these were upgraded. see the link which i posted in previous post.
also this one on F-16.net http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4835.html

The report is incorrect. Ex-RJAF Peace Falcon 1 aircraft went through SLEP/FALCON STAR/FALCON UP upgrades that means structural and Engine upgrade but hasnt gone through the complete MLU upgrade and as i understand they are not equipped with Link 16 because if they had they could have used AIM-120C5 to full potantial via SAAB2000 cooperative mode.

These were purchased with plan that we could get these upgraded via TAI through MLU in future but since that train has left the station long time ago we will fly them till 8000hrs and retire.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom