What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

91786964_555683978697973_6978005585962729472_o.jpg
91786964_555683978697973_6978005585962729472_o.jpg
91383126_1411537372358906_1905981781589360640_o.jpg

Took me a while, but I think this will give a clearer picture in the difference of price. The price of the jet alone (without Engine) may be the same, but when you start arming it with your choice of Engine, EW, Missiles (in number) etc. - it changes everything. Even choice of Helmets is different.

Deal includes...

Morocco: Communications equipment; Spares and repair parts; support equipment; personnel training and training equipment; publications and technical documentation; support and test equipment, simulators; integration and test; U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistical support services; and other related elements of logistics and program support.

Bulgaria: Electronic Combat International Security Assistance Program (ECISAP) support; Cartridge Actuated and Propellant Actuated Devices (CAD/PAD) support; Common Munitions Bit-test Reprogramming Equipment (CMBRE) support with Computer Test Set Adapter Group; communications equipment; software delivery and support; facilities and construction support; spares and repair/replace parts; personnel training and training equipment; publications and technical documentation; containers; munition support and test equipment; aircraft and munition integration and test support; studies and surveys; U.S. Government and contractor technical, engineering and logistical support services; and other related elements of logistics and program support.

@Haris Ali2140 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @mingle @airomerix @Knuckles @Path-Finder

Translates into $150M for Morocco and $200M for Bulgaria. Crazy.

Last edited:
good god that is not cheap!

Yup...but here's the kicker. The F-16 Blk-70/72 and Gripen E/F are the lowest-cost Western options ($130-150 m per plane all-in), the Typhoon and Rafale will take you $250 m-plus per plane easy. We should keep that in mind when we ask, "wHy dOn'T pAf BuI nEw FiGhTeR!?!?"
Cheaper in the long term. Less costly maintainance than Chinese or Russian

Cheaper in the long term. Less costly maintainance than Chinese or Russian
Plus we have trained workforce along Air crew all we need to add the numbers very simple still if we get 36 blk 72 around $$ 3 billion along used airframes and theior upgrade around total 5 billion we could have have around 130 upgrade new and old Viper fleet realy bang of buck for next 35-40yrs

Last edited:
@Knuckles @Hodor @airomerix
Are all the tanks including CFTs have fuel in them in the above pictures???
Yes they normally do, and right after landing the tanks are fully fueled up, including CFTs to prevent rust. Rare cases would have it with less fuel. A good example are Vipers for demos, they are normally half full. I'm not sure what PAF does in that case.

Yes they normally do, and right after landing the tanks are fully fueled up, including CFTs to prevent rust. Rare cases would have it with less fuel. A good example are Vipers for demos, they are normally half full. I'm not sure what PAF does in that case.
So how long they remain in air during CAP when all the tanks and CFTs are full with fuel???

Hi,

In our scenario---I would say that all the aircraft that are ready for battle will be topped off all the time---. I have not seen a pilot roll off his aircraft to the fuel pump to top it off and then take off---:enjoy:

So how long they remain in air during CAP when all the tanks and CFTs are full with fuel???

They carry a maximum of 450Gl of fuel which increases the range up to 45% for a CAP/20% for low level (lets say deep interdiction)

The thing about CFT's is that as opposed to a common view, it compromises the 9G ability of the F-16. The manual states that the F-16 is a 9G aircraft as long as it is 27000lb in weight, which is 100% internal fuel plus two sidewinders. Add a 500lb/300gl centreline tank, 2000lb CFT's, 5000lb of extra fuel (370 tanks), we have a 34,500lb aircraft with a g limit of 7. Good enough for an A2G mission one can argue.

It's all about the drag, weight and mission profile which governs the overall range of the aircraft.

I am just asking. If fuel tanks mounted means they will be used.
Then you have given the answer yourself.

Hi,

In our scenario---I would say that all the aircraft that are ready for battle will be topped off all the time---. I have not seen a pilot roll off his aircraft to the fuel pump to top it off and then take off---:enjoy:
Not all the aircrafts,just those assigned to ADA.

All others are made ready before the routine missions.

Back
Top Bottom