What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The cost depends on the upgrade package

US just approved Upgrade of 32 S.Korean F-16's (Block 32) for US $194 Million.

That's about US $6 Million per jet. If we were to get the same rate, it'd come down to...say US 79 Million for all 13 ex-RJAF F-16's.

Hamaray F-16's ko upgrade karnay pay maut ati hai.

I actually didn't know that our F-16's lacked Auto GCAS. What about the Block 52's of No. 5 Squadron (Falcons)?

A video on Lockheed Martin's Official Website

No they don't have it,the upgrade was only done for few American vipers and is being offered for latest block 70 vipers.

We should have gotten it long time ago

What Viper Pilots Say

I interviewed a number of current and former F-16 pilots on this subject and have yet to meet one who didn’t like the system, or the new capability. “The system works as advertised. The documented saves are impressive. I think of the lives that could have been saved over the years…I am extremely grateful that we won’t have as many of those tragedies in the future.” Col David “Baja” Shoemaker, Vice Commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB.

“Rhett” Butler (F-16 Test Pilot and Weapons Officer) also says it’s a “great system that pays for itself with just one aircraft save. I’ve used AGCAS on the BLK-60 and BLK-52 and found it very reliable with few unnecessary fly ups based on formation interference and/or high dive/air-to-air maneuvering that is easily paddled off when recognized.”
https://sofrep.com/fightersweep/in-the-seat-with-agcas-those-lost-and-those-saved/

Published July 19, 2018
Seventy-five percent of F-16 fatalities are due to CFIT, spatial disorientation, and g loss of consciousness: our Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto GCAS) can prevent 98 percent of these. Since September 2014, Auto GCAS is credited with saving 7 aircraft and 8 pilots.
https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Welcome/Fa...utomatic-collision-avoidance-technology-acat/

https://falcons.pk/photo/General-Dynamics-F-16AM-Fighting-Falcon/2007

Photo-2007.JPG

We should have gotten it long time ago

What Viper Pilots Say

I interviewed a number of current and former F-16 pilots on this subject and have yet to meet one who didn’t like the system, or the new capability. “The system works as advertised. The documented saves are impressive. I think of the lives that could have been saved over the years…I am extremely grateful that we won’t have as many of those tragedies in the future.” Col David “Baja” Shoemaker, Vice Commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB.

“Rhett” Butler (F-16 Test Pilot and Weapons Officer) also says it’s a “great system that pays for itself with just one aircraft save. I’ve used AGCAS on the BLK-60 and BLK-52 and found it very reliable with few unnecessary fly ups based on formation interference and/or high dive/air-to-air maneuvering that is easily paddled off when recognized.”
https://sofrep.com/fightersweep/in-the-seat-with-agcas-those-lost-and-those-saved/

Published July 19, 2018
Seventy-five percent of F-16 fatalities are due to CFIT, spatial disorientation, and g loss of consciousness: our Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto GCAS) can prevent 98 percent of these. Since September 2014, Auto GCAS is credited with saving 7 aircraft and 8 pilots.
https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Welcome/Fa...utomatic-collision-avoidance-technology-acat/

Hi

if you suggested it to the PAF they will say yes we have tested it and it does not meet our standard we do not think it’s worth it and it does not bring anything new to the table

Hi

if you suggested it to the PAF they will say yes we have tested it and it does not meet our standard we do not think it’s worth it and it does not bring anything new to the table
But they have not tested it. How do you know that it does not meet their standards and it won't bring anything new ??

You know @Knuckles , sometimes I have query 'bout stuff that i'm not aware of, but only deem fit to ask Questions from those whom I know will give a me an accurate and straight forward response like yourself, @airomerix , @Hodor , @Windjammer among others.

Hope you understand where this post is going.

Hi,

We are In a state of war against an enemy at this time.

a total honest answer on a defense forum about your capabilities during a war—-expecting it is tantamount to treason—-getting it is ‘treason’ .

Last edited:

I don't think this picture is authentic. There is something about it that is unsetting.

1) Pictures taken so up close are easily traceable. Hence they cannot be leaked. And those who know, PAF is VERY touchy about leaking F-16 pictures.
2) The squadron patch on the right shoulder is not of the correct size.
3) The shoulder rank is 'odd' and grainy.

@Trailer23
Morocco signed a deal of 25 F-16 C/D BLK 70 with a cost of US $3.787 Billion. Unit cost is US $151 million.
Here are the details. However this deal includes a lot of spares and munitions.

Bulgaria also purchased 8 Blk 70 F-16s. The initial price was US $1.26 Billion while each unit costed US $157.5 million. But in statement released by states that 8 F-16s will be sold at US $512 million bringing unit price to US $64 million.

Your opinion???

Back
Top Bottom