What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The image posted by Wind Jammer
My question is slightly more complex. Of the F16 inventory PAF has to this date 4 attritions. When we were in the process of acquiring more 16s we quoted our inventory at 32. The explanation was that we have had to use our own fleet to keep the rest of the fleet airworthy. I Can recall one loss to a boar, one own goal, and one CFIT during night sortie.
So when we got our supplies restored were we able to resurrect any of the platforms which we used for replacement of parts and did US give us more platforms to replace the depleted fleet. My understanding was that 2 platforms were provided while we had our own MLUed and these were to be retained after MLU process was completed. So what is our current inventory?sorry for such a long diatribe.
A

My question is slightly more complex. Of the F16 inventory PAF has to this date 4 attritions. When we were in the process of acquiring more 16s we quoted our inventory at 32. The explanation was that we have had to use our own fleet to keep the rest of the fleet airworthy. I Can recall one loss to a boar, one own goal, and one CFIT during night sortie.
So when we got our supplies restored were we able to resurrect any of the platforms which we used for replacement of parts and did US give us more platforms to replace the depleted fleet. My understanding was that 2 platforms were provided while we had our own MLUed and these were to be retained after MLU process was completed. So what is our current inventory?sorry for such a long diatribe.
A

Of the original 40 'delivered' to PAF. We actually lost '8' for different reasons. Leaving us with 32. How many were operational at that time is another matter. MLU update was bound to bring the entire fleet of 32 airframes to life.

Then came 14 embargoed + 18 C/Ds + 13 Jordanian equaling to 77

The two platforms you are talking about were transferred to us on an adhoc basis from the approved transfer of '14'. We later received the remaining 12. All of these were B models hence we lost the only 2 'A' model F-16s delivered by US to us (not factoring Jordanian which were 12 A's + 1B)

On the subject of cannibalization, PAF always strives to keep its fleet readiness at 90% plus for reasons. We recently saw a $125M contract awarded to Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Services LLC from Ohio in August 2019. They sent 60 men to Pakistan with all the spares, tools and maintenance methods to keep our fleet airworthy. This happened after Swift retort. Also, This has been happening every few years.

@airomerix Sir do PAF have F16s in reserve?

We only have 75 airframes.

:D all paper experts have stated their theories

I am guessing how many air accidents investigations have they actually conducted :D

leave it professionals and do not speculate ;)
Investigation is not restricted profession dear, Talents are those, who try hard to come close despite of not being related to such field such as forensics or Investigators...

Correct me if I'm wrong, No.5 is using all the 18 Block-52s.....No.19 has the 13 Jordanian machines on strength.
Which leaves 44 airframes, 9 and 11 probably have 16 aircraft each which leaves at least 12 in reserves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, No.5 is using all the 18 Block-52s.....No.19 has the 13 Jordanian machines on strength.
Which leaves 44 airframes, 9 and 11 probably have 16 aircraft each which leaves at least 12 in reserves.

Squadron strength is secret information.

Some frames are with 29 as well.

CAUTION OFF TOPIC DO NOT BAN ME

Trumps a Fool lets git some F-35's ( we cant just say No )

USAF will replace its F-16 fleets with the F-35 and the bone yard in Tucson has more than whopping 300+ f-16 ( since USAF will be Replacing the F-16 technology TRUMP would be on Board he is a Business man he will like this venture. If Pakistan manages to secure even 35% of this 100% operational F-16's than oh BOY.

THE FLEET IS GOING DOWN IN THE BONE YARDS (mostly QF-16 conversions) BUT WE SHOULD BY SOME OF THEM
Screenshot (46).png
Screenshot (47).png

USAF will replace its F-16 fleets with the F-35 and the bone yard in Tucson has more than whopping 300+ f-16 ( since USAF will be Replacing the F-16 technology TRUMP would be on Board he is a Business man he will like this venture. If Pakistan manages to secure even 35% of this 100% operational F-16's than oh BOY.

THE FLEET IS GOING DOWN IN THE BONE YARDS (mostly QF-16 conversions) BUT WE SHOULD BY SOME OF THEM View attachment 613584 View attachment 613585
If drooling had any face...

If drooling had any face...
yeah BUDDY they are there in the desert HOT at day FREEZING at Night just take my breath away

I got some Sweet Sweet F-35 Footage But i cannot upload because you cant upload personal videos.

yeah BUDDY they are there in the desert HOT at day FREEZING at Night just take my breath away

I got some Sweet Sweet F-35 Footage But i cannot upload because you cant upload personal videos.
That deserted fleet is twice more than what we have...
If only we had them...

Of the original 40 'delivered' to PAF. We actually lost '8' for different reasons. Leaving us with 32. How many were operational at that time is another matter. MLU update was bound to bring the entire fleet of 32 airframes to life.

Then came 14 embargoed + 18 C/Ds + 13 Jordanian equaling to 77

The two platforms you are talking about were transferred to us on an adhoc basis from the approved transfer of '14'. We later received the remaining 12. All of these were B models hence we lost the only 2 'A' model F-16s delivered by US to us (not factoring Jordanian which were 12 A's + 1B)

On the subject of cannibalization, PAF always strives to keep its fleet readiness at 90% plus for reasons. We recently saw a $125M contract awarded to Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Services LLC from Ohio in August 2019. They sent 60 men to Pakistan with all the spares, tools and maintenance methods to keep our fleet airworthy. This happened after Swift retort. Also, This has been happening every few years.

I've read on various places that the 11 aircraft from Peace Gate III were meant to be attrition reserves. So, I guess for a fleet of around 90-100 F-16s, the PAF wanted to keep an extra 10 or so in storage.

THE FLEET IS GOING DOWN IN THE BONE YARDS (mostly QF-16 conversions) BUT WE SHOULD BY SOME OF THEM View attachment 613584 View attachment 613585
14 of the delivered PAF Vipers have spent some time in this desert for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom