What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I don't think US would like to break Iran neither Iran's neighbours will want this but under current scenario with swear economic sanctions it would be very difficult for Iranian Govt to function last thing they need American bombs with destroyed infrastructure both civilian and Military and sanctions on top current Govt will collapse for sure then what will happen only God knows it's in nobodys hand. For Iran best thing is let it go move on I feel US is hell bent want Iran to respond with some military means so he can have excuse to hitt Iran's infrastructure.

Balkanizing Muslim states is an age old policy of the West. It is something they aspire to do - divide and rule.
Also note trump is a wild man, he will grab at anything that sounds fancy and promising. We are trying to sell a lollypop to an overgrown kid, and debating if he will like the colour...

Balkanizing Muslim states is an age old policy of the West. It is something they aspire to do - divide and rule.
Also note trump is a wild man, he will grab at anything that sounds fancy and promising. We are trying to sell a lollypop to an overgrown kid, and debating if he will like the colour...
I believe Pak security assistance from states gona resume soon especially changing scenario in region let's see how things been played this time around.
But every coming day devide is getting clear and clear like turkey deployment of troops in libya will urk eygpt big times they share border and big supporter of Haftar army also eygpt is a military power house along UAE and Saudia So for Pak playing neutral is good at time being but down the road they have to make unhappy one party u can't play both sides for long.
Massage for Iran and other proxies is clear from US don't mess with ARAMCO again otherwise we will mess U up. Sulemani got hitt due to ARAMCO attack which is direct attack on US interest because they figured attack came up from Iraq by his network.

Last edited:
This is a discussion forum not a dog fight so I don't have a dog in it.
Pak can benefit from more f16s no doubt.
Let us spell out the Downside here. If Iran is dismembered and balkanized, Pak has everything to gain from taking over Sistan Baluchestan.
Remember that Iran wished to take over Pak Baluchistan after 1971.
Now, if the US is unable to take on Iran, Pak can sit and enjoy and still get some benefit out of it (supplied f16s).
If the US turns Iran into an Iraq, and breaks it down to mini states, Pak can go in, get the max number of f16s and other gear and then walk away if the going gets tough.
It's a simple calculus and a win win situation for Pak no matter what transpires.
Unless we get v upgrades with reasonable price adjustment from CSF as well as acceptable conditions, we should not seek for more F-16s !!!

Block 3 thunder is a harder punch than Block 52 and all we can get at best from USA is AIM-120C7 or C5 while thunder has the potential to carry better ranged missiles as well as potential to carry future weaponry from China and LOCAL (local is something you will see a rise within some years now).

We can carry SOMs, Heavy punch Anti Ship/Ground missiles on Thunders while USA restricts us to some options.

Simple,
If MORE F-16s, then come with all you have in weapon package and latest tech AND easy conditions ELSE stay away !!!

I believe Pak security assistance from states gona resume soon especially changing scenario in region let's see how things been played this time around.
But every coming day devide is getting clear and clear like turkey deployment of troops in libya will urk eygpt big times they share border and big supporter of Haftar army also eygpt is a military power house along UAE and Saudia So for Pak playing neutral is good at time being but down the road they have to make unhappy one party u can't play both sides for long.
Massage for Iran and other proxies is clear from US don't mess with ARMCO again otherwise we will mess U up. Sulemani got hitt due to ARMCO attack which is direct attack on US interest because they figured attack came up from Iraq by his network.

I guess you meant ARAMCO and not ARMCO

F35 imagine her impact on dhotis

F-35 would be overkill for the bhindians. They would need to have a foley catheter placed to deal with the psychological trauma. Lucky for them, we fly F-16s and JF-17s, more than a match for their air farce ... force.

US Marines are leaving Iraq amid protests and parliamentary orders.

This leaves Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan as potential staging areas to deter Iran.

B-52's have already left Fairford and will be stationed in an island base in the Indian ocean.

However, a full scale war is not likely. Hence, there is a little chance of US releasing $2B in military payments which Obama administration seized. If it happens, 24 F-16V's will become a reality. Sadly, PAF is not over F-16 hysteria. We love them.

This leaves Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan as potential staging areas to deter Iran.

B-52's have already left Fairford and will be stationed in an island base in the Indian ocean.

However, a full scale war is not likely. Hence, there is a little chance of US releasing $2B in military payments which Obama administration seized. If it happens, 24 F-16V's will become a reality. Sadly, PAF is not over F-16 hysteria. We love them.
Fortunately, it's a conditional love. IIRC ACM Sohail Aman withdrew from the 8 F-16 deal because the US pulled the FMF. So, any new F-16 deal could only work through FMF/CSF, at least for 40-50% of the price.

However, personally, if that money does become available, I hope the PAF puts them towards C-130Js and, if the Army wants in, CH-47Fs.

That said, we should remember the US can work in other ways too. It might not want to put US weapons in Pakistan's hands at all. So, in this case, it could 'encourage' the UK or Japan to extend a line-of-credit so that the PAF can get fighters from another source. Doesn't help the US industry, but it does support US geo-strategic interests.

Fortunately, it's a conditional love. IIRC ACM Sohail Aman withdrew from the 8 F-16 deal because the US pulled the FMF. So, any new F-16 deal could only work through FMF/CSF, at least for 40-50% of the price.

However, personally, if that money does become available, I hope the PAF puts them towards C-130Js and, if the Army wants in, CH-47Fs.

That said, we should remember the US can work in other ways too. It might not want to put US weapons in Pakistan's hands at all. So, in this case, it could 'encourage' the UK or Japan to extend a line-of-credit so that the PAF can get fighters from another source. Doesn't help the US industry, but it does support US geo-strategic interests.

US would hate to give us $2B and then see us putting it in UK or Japanese economy. They are desperate to keep the Greenville F-16 assembly line up and running. Even historically, we have seen them providing us with equipment in exchange for services.

We never had that kind of money to invest in US weapons anyway. Even the initial batch of 40 F-16s was paid off by a generous $500M Saudi grant.

US would hate to give us $2B and then see us putting it in UK or Japanese economy. They are desperate to keep the Greenville F-16 assembly line up and running. Even historically, we have seen them providing us with equipment in exchange for services.

We never had that kind of money to invest in US weapons anyway. Even the initial batch of 40 F-16s was paid off by a generous $500M Saudi grant.
F16s assembly line will remain hott for next 5 yrs or So beacuse Indonesia is buying F16 blk 72.

Pak become more vital for US than rest of Gulf states and it suits them for many reasons historic military ties from cold war still keeping good military relations plus Pakistan appetite for US weapons gonna stay strong yrs to come.Big trained military battle experience. Along money Pak needs US support to resolve matters with India that will big help.

Last edited:

No, I mean, the US won't give us any money at all, but to keep us in their wings help us get planes from another source by convincing someone else to release the funding. So, it could be getting KSA or UAE to give us aid, or simply have Japan/UK offer the PAF a loan. No US money involved, just diplomacy.

No, I mean, the US won't give us any money at all, but to keep us in their wings help us get planes from another source by convincing someone else to release the funding. So, it could be getting KSA or UAE to give us aid, or simply have Japan/UK offer the PAF a loan. No US money involved, just diplomacy.
Bilal then UAE or Saudia make sence and also what @Khafee was saying make sence then? UK I doubt they are tight in budget as well japan yes make sence too

Bilal then UAE or Saudia make sence and also what @Khafee was saying make sence then? UK I doubt they are tight in budget as well japan yes make sence too
UK could do it if the money is spent in the UK (read: Typhoon). Japan gave Qatar a loan for its Rafale purchase, so a Japanese loan could go the US, UK or France. Remember, about the UK or Japan, I am only talking about loans (that we'll need to pay back), not grants/aid.

KSA and/or UAE can obviously provide grants, especially if the US 'encourages' them to do it, and that money could go to the US, UK or France.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom