What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I am in DC, I know how USA government works. It’s a 4 years term and mid year election. For example election is done on half the seats of House of Representatives and another half in 2 years.

Pakistan can also do that if they bring presidential system with 6 years terms. Election on half of the MNA seats every 3 years and only allow person to run from his home Constituency which mean candidates must declare their home constituency when submitting their paper work to be considered as a candidate by election commission.
Why 6 years term and why election every 3 years? Every 2 years will be costly because conducting election is not cheap.

A brilliant idea albeit off topic and something I've written about for the last 10 years or so. We need to break the box of the western political system and build our own jft version customised to ourselves.

fb_img_1577888746091-jpg.597197

I believe this is one of those F-16s that PAF acquired from Jordan as these aircraft have some distinctive writing or pattern on the bay door of the front landing gear.... and then we had some folks arguing that our Jordanian aircraft didn't have the BVR capability.

Nope its an F-16 AM assigned to Arrows and the writing says "Top Guns"

Plus it has no additional IFF antennae under the air intake which the Jordanian birds, being ADF, do.

POTUS won't sell Used F-16s unless PAF buys new one ( if new F-16 get approval. )

There is a way out. But to understand it, you need to understand Trump's psyche.
Trump likes mega deals.
You have to go big it can't be small rationalisation like we are used to.

Here is the deal to offer:
1. In the event of war with Iran and the dismemberment of Iran, Pak will stabilise Iran's Sistan Baluchestan.
2. In return for this deal the US has to release one squadron of used f16s every week upto 100 jets.
3. The US also has to pay for such an occupation at 100 million per month
4. Other equipment has to be thrown in like used maps, m109s, APCs, used c130s, used helicopters from amarc, etc.

There is a way out. But to understand it, you need to understand Trump's psyche.
Trump likes mega deals.

1. In the event of war with Iran and the dismemberment of Iran, Pak will stabilise Iran's Sistan Baluchestan.
2. In return for this deal the US has to release one squadron of used f16s every week upto 100 jets.
4. Other equipment has to be thrown in like used maps, m109s, APCs, used c130s, used helicopters from amarc, etc.
can we get over f-16 hysteria now sir? its past fighter jet . if you buy today what you will do with it in next 30 years? no need US equipment its good in quality but very very very bad in politics and terms and conditions . USA is not a reliable defense supplier at all .

can we get over f-16 hysteria now sir? its past fighter jet . if you buy today what you will do with it in next 30 years? no need US equipment its good in quality but very very very bad in politics and terms and conditions . USA is not a reliable defense supplier at all .

What the f16 can do is special. And more f16s mean PAF can keep old ones running longer. It can be a bit like the Mirage saga.
One has to appreciate real capabilities, rather than live in mantras good Sir. Its easy to say x y or z is the past but harder to think constructively about it.

I am in DC, I know how USA government works. It’s a 4 years term and mid year election. For example election is done on half the seats of House of Representatives and another half in 2 years.

Clarification is needed here.

President serves a 4-year term and can serve a maximum of two terms.

House of Representatives serve two-year terms and all 435 members have elections at the same time. It's not split.

The Senate serves six-year terms with 1/3 of them up for reelection every two years.

What the f16 can do is special. And more f16s mean PAF can keep old ones running longer. It can be a bit like the Mirage saga.
One has to appreciate real capabilities, rather than live in mantras good Sir. Its easy to say x y or z is the past but harder to think constructively about it.
MIRAGE is 3rd gen simple plane f-16 is complicate machine when usa will stop manufacture parts and avionics it will not possible to use them like mirage 50 years sir . we better come out of this mind set . so 180 countries did not use f-16 its not mean they don't have air force . i am fan of j-31 azm project now . f-16 are passed .

Trump likes mega deals.

Sorry Sir we as Nation should stop selling ourself short, literally it is embarrassing that some of the people want to pledge our next many generations and at least next 30-40 years of our future and lose of 100s of billion dollar to our economy just to get few hundred million dollars and few F-16s and other used military stuff .... ????

What sort of mentality is this ....???

BTW just noticed that you don't even claim to be a Pakistani as flag shows you as someone from Brunei, so I don't know what dog you have in this fight which induce you so much that you are taking the privilege of advising us about our future course of action .....

This is a discussion forum not a dog fight so I don't have a dog in it.
Pak can benefit from more f16s no doubt.
Let us spell out the Downside here. If Iran is dismembered and balkanized, Pak has everything to gain from taking over Sistan Baluchestan.
Remember that Iran wished to take over Pak Baluchistan after 1971.
Now, if the US is unable to take on Iran, Pak can sit and enjoy and still get some benefit out of it (supplied f16s).
If the US turns Iran into an Iraq, and breaks it down to mini states, Pak can go in, get the max number of f16s and other gear and then walk away if the going gets tough.
It's a simple calculus and a win win situation for Pak no matter what transpires.

Clarification is needed here.

President serves a 4-year term and can serve a maximum of two terms.

House of Representatives serve two-year terms and all 435 members have elections at the same time. It's not split.

The Senate serves six-year terms with 1/3 of them up for reelection every two years.

You’re right, 435 seats and election every 2 years for House of Representatives.
It’s different for state elections, some have 2 years and others have 4 years.

Same setup won’t work for Pakistan because of cost of doing election.
If Presidential system is implementation in Pakistan then we can have election every 3 years on 342 seats. 6 years term for president.

Last edited:
POTUS won't sell Used F-16s unless PAF buys new one ( if new F-16 get approval. )
Said this long time ago used F-16s will come if PAF will buy new ones very simple like Bush era

Let's talk F35 my new love

Said this long time ago used F-16s will come if PAF will buy new ones very simple like Bush era

Let's talk F35 my new love
noooooooooooooooo big no

just bring 2 to 5 only j-31 or j20 for test and keep them here and see monkey dance of india :lol:. if i was PAF i speacially request china to send both these jets to pakistan :lol:

This is a discussion forum not a dog fight so I don't have a dog in it.
Pak can benefit from more f16s no doubt.
Let us spell out the Downside here. If Iran is dismembered and balkanized, Pak has everything to gain from taking over Sistan Baluchestan.
Remember that Iran wished to take over Pak Baluchistan after 1971.
Now, if the US is unable to take on Iran, Pak can sit and enjoy and still get some benefit out of it (supplied f16s).
If the US turns Iran into an Iraq, and breaks it down to mini states, Pak can go in, get the max number of f16s and other gear and then walk away if the going gets tough.
It's a simple calculus and a win win situation for Pak no matter what transpires.
I don't think US would like to break Iran neither Iran's neighbours will want this but under current scenario with swear economic sanctions it would be very difficult for Iranian Govt to function last thing they need American bombs with destroyed infrastructure both civilian and Military and sanctions on top current Govt will collapse for sure then what will happen only God knows it's in nobodys hand. For Iran best thing is let it go move on I feel US is hell bent want Iran to respond with some military means so he can have excuse to hitt Iran's infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom