What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Restrictions or sanctions against turkey would definitely slow the pace and dent the time frame for TFX as well but it would also force turkey to build more stuff in house. Thats like pakistan in 1990s part 2.
The turks but have a better engineering base than us but they would definitely need an appropriate engine from uk/china/Russia....
This scenario can act as a catalyst for Pakistan and Turkey defence relations.
If both countries can navigate the 2020s and early 30s.. we might see a better and a less sanction prone end product. A contender to do that would be a possible jf17 block 4...which if introduced by 2022/23 and if it includes a further improvement of the airframe ...with an enhanced wingspan and a better and much rumored engine...then it should meet the requirements for both the countries, especially Pakistan.
My 2 cents

Hi,

I don't remember if we have communicated before---.

Your's is a FEEL GOOD ANSWER---.

This the first volley from the US congress against Turkey---.

Pakistan's air force problem is a NOW PROBLEM---they don't have much to fight with now---they have no plans for the coming 5 years with established aircraft---.

What is 10 years away---maybe it might be 20 years away---.

Forget about it
It is 5th G sensitive technology, No one allow the buyer integrated 3rd party subsystem
I am working on the same principles on which JFT had multiple provider software/hardware included. Iam assuming no one has a problem provided PAF does the integration.
A

Last edited:
Hi,

That is old news---. US congress had made some changes yesterday or last friday---.
I'm sure it is. The TuAF pilots and maintainers are being trained on the F-35 regardless of what Congress says or not...

Congress is trying to push it politically without understanding the fact that a good portion of the F-35 systems are built in Turkey....

I'm sure it is. The TuAF pilots and maintainers are being trained on the F-35 regardless of what Congress says or not...

Congress is trying to push it politically without understanding the fact that a good portion of the F-35 systems are built in Turkey....

That may so, but beyond the F-35, if Turkey continues not to tow the American-Israeli line, or at least seeks to pursue its own national interests above all, expect American antagonism to Turkey to continue and intensify.

As @MastanKhan said this is the first volley.

Turkey needs to keep how American politics and public opinion work in mind when planning for the future.

Just look at the western media in regards to the tone of the articles about Turkey. And think about whats happening.

Hi,

This is the same comment that pakistani air force made prior to them getting sanctioned---.

" No problem---everything would be fine---we are allies---we are paying cash---the money is upfront---the training is going on as scheduled---".

The US congress cares less where the parts are built at---. They are like a rampaging elephant---.

Fellas, you are skipping the critical gap of 4.5th Generation air craft which PAF intends to procure before going for any stealth air craft.

A big circus is going on from past two years as far as decision body of PAF is concerned.
And most probably we will be seeing our old lovely bird in new cloths once again in PAF alongside surplus ones. An alternative option is also in place. The result of elections (I guess IK will be our PM now) and relevant geopolitical shift in Pakistan foreign policy and diplomatic relations will decide which option we will consider.

As far as stealth air craft is concerned, its long shot. In near past, three options were available, now there are two. First will be off the shelf purchase which will become part of PAF in less than a decade, Second is our own Next Generation Fighter (NGF) which is part of project Azm and hopefully will be arriving after 2030.

And plz stop calling our 'indigenous 5th Generation air craft' as Project Azm, its called NSG, which later on is major component of Project Azm along side few other domestic projects.

Hi,

This is the same comment that pakistani air force made prior to them getting sanctioned---.

" No problem---everything would be fine---we are allies---we are paying cash---the money is upfront---the training is going on as scheduled---".

The US congress cares less where the parts are built at---. They are like a rampaging elephant---.
They said that the systems are built locally so Congress should think again ??

That may so, but beyond the F-35, if Turkey continues not to tow the American-Israeli line, or at least seeks to pursue its own national interests above all, expect American antagonism to Turkey to continue and intensify.

As @MastanKhan said this is the first volley.

Turkey needs to keep how American politics and public opinion work in mind when planning for the future.

Just look at the western media in regards to the tone of the articles about Turkey. And think about whats happening.
Turkey needs to gain independence from foreign providers and rely on home grown industrial output for its defence. There is no true independence without being free to venture even an opinion. Things are turning bad and the sooner Turkey does that the better. There will come a time when nothing that you do/say wil matter and the muslim world needs to prepare for it.
A

Last edited:
IMO if Turkey can't work with the West, it'll work with the East. The only constant is that they want to produce their own equipment - be it ships, tanks, fighter planes or rockets - and it'll get done one way or another. Now if they head East (e.g. China and Russia), then it makes working with Pakistan much, much easier.

IMO if Turkey can't work with the West, it'll work with the East. The only constant is that they want to produce their own equipment - be it ships, tanks, fighter planes or rockets - and it'll get done one way or another. Now if they head East (e.g. China and Russia), then it makes working with Pakistan much, much easier.

Still its better to have access to Western wares. West is best at present.

I am working on the same principles on which JFT had multiple provider software/hardware included. Iam assuming no one has a problem provided PAF does the integration.
A
JFT is totally different with 5th G fighter

Hi,

Confrontation is not always the best option---. I would say that Turkey needs to step back a tad bit---keep the JV's with the west---but get Pakistan involved deeply---both holding the towline of the west---.

Turkey can keep a low key till the coming congress elections---step back and calmly observe---.

Hi,

Confrontation is not always the best option---. I would say that Turkey needs to step back a tad bit---keep the JV's with the west---but get Pakistan involved deeply---both holding the towline of the west---.

Turkey can keep a low key till the coming congress elections---step back and calmly observe---.

Yea I agree completely.

yes but west is loosing control quicker than expected ... World trade is already out of their hand ... After demise of soviet union this is first time world is looking to China for alternative solutions ...

In such a situation can you afford an ally like Turkey ? Pakistan is almost already lost, within the Islamic world , only KSA and Egypt will remain in alliance which means that Islamic world is tilting towards China and this is bad for west ..

Back
Top Bottom