What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The report is not credible. Find something more credible. There is no way we are going to get 18, and that too arrived in Pakistan today. :lol:

they are 4 in numbers , & WILL COME in jan next year, according to dam DUNIYA NEWS!:hitwall:
SIR,working on:smitten:

every Channel is reporting it :cheers:
Which channels exactly, ma'am?
they are 4 in numbers , & WILL COME in jan next year, according to dam DUNIYA NEWS!:hitwall:
SIR,working on:smitten:
Okay, this is confusing. What exactly are the news channels reporting? I can't find anything on Geo or Dawn News websites. From your previous posts, here's what I gather:

The delivery of the first 16 F-16 Block 52s will begin in January, and 4 will arrive in the first batch. The papers have been handed over to Chief of Air Staff in a ceremony in Texas.

Is that what is being reported?

Didnt you just say good bye to the USA? Just earlier today on the other thread? And what new bright heights are you talking about now?
Lol there are many such contradicting posts by many members here - a classic love hate relationship with the 'devil' USA!!
Just an interesting observation.
No it's not interesting. This is the definition of intentional derailment and flame-baiting. Why would you do this, gubbi?
Post reported. No need to reply to it.

Last edited:
batmannow, sir jee, way to be on the ball. Thanks for the update.

I would really like something concrete, an article or a video will do fine. Our ACM was not in Texas for a vacation, we know that. I thought he was there because the Americans wanted to show Pak Forces their generous support if the Kerry-Lugar bill passed. Let's see if this offer stands if the Kerry-Lugar bill fails.We need these new F-16s.

What exactly has KLB to do with the delivery of those F16s? KLB has already been passed by both the houses in US, only the POTUS has to sign it. Does this bill have to pass in Pakistani parliament for the GoP to accept the aid money?
Btw, Didnt Pakistan already pay for those F16s way back then? And only 18 aircrafts? Weren't there more?

:Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
We need proof of this news i haven't seen it on any Pakistani news channel or us?

Source: F-16 rolling ceremoney to be held in Dallas today?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
By Sami Abraham

Washington DC: The rolling out ceremony of first F-16 plane due to be handed over to Pakistan next year is set to be held in Lockheed Martin headquarter at Dallas Forth Texas on Tuesday. Chief of Pakistan Air Force Rao Qamar will be the chief guest.

Pakistan signed a contract with the United States in 2006 to get 18 new F-16 planes of C/D series. The F16 planes, present in PAF fleet, are being extensively used against extremists in Fata and Swat.

The 18 new aircrafts will be equipped with the state-of-art radar , Electronic Warfare system and long range air to air missile. Under this agreement Pakistan would also get its old F-16 aircrafts upgraded.

Source: Lockheed Martin Unveils First New F-16 for Pakistan in Ceremony Attended by Air Force Chiefs

FORT WORTH, Texas, Oct. 13 TX-LMT-Pakistan-F-16 FORT WORTH, Texas, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) unveiled the first of 18 new F-16s being produced for Pakistan in ceremonies today at its Fort Worth, Texas, facility. Officials including the Chiefs of Staff of the U.S. and Pakistan Air Forces were on hand to witness the event. Air Chief Marshal Rao Quamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force (PAF), accepted the first F-16 Block 52 aircraft on behalf of his nation. Also present were Husain Haqqani, Pakistan's Ambassador to the United States, and other senior officials. The U.S. government was represented by Rep. Kay Granger, Texas 12th District, and Gen. Norton Schwartz, Chief of Staff of the Air Force. "Peace Drive is the flagship of modernization for Pakistan's Air Force. It is the latest configuration of the best 4th generation multirole fighter available in the world today," said John Larson, vice president of F-16 programs for Lockheed Martin. The aircraft order is designated as "Peace Drive I," continuing a long tradition of naming F-16 international sales programs with the word Peace. The program raises the total number of F-16s ordered by Pakistan to 54. The Pakistan Air Force received its first F-16, in the Block 15 F-16A/B configuration, in 1982. Pakistan has been operating Lockheed Martin aircraft since 1963, when it received C-130B airlifters. The Peace Drive I order is for 12 F-16Cs and six F-16Ds, all powered by the Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 engine. The first aircraft - a two-seat F-16D model - will be delivered to the U.S. government (as agent for Pakistan in the Foreign Military Sales process) in December, with the remainder following in 2010. The F-16 is the choice of 25 nations. More than 4,400 aircraft have been delivered worldwide from assembly lines in five countries. The F-16 program has been characterized by unprecedented international cooperation among governments, air forces and aerospace industries. Major upgrades to all F-16 versions are being incorporated to keep the fleet modern and fully supportable over the aircraft's long service life. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.

Why are you all so happy, don't you think ur country should be treated better? I mean the blk 52 is a plane which even the damn Polish Air force possesses, wht is the fuss abt? US isn't treating u like a major ally! But instead of being critical u people r getting very happy :?

Source: Lockheed Martin Unveils First New F-16 for Pakistan in Ceremony Attended by Air Force Chiefs

FORT WORTH, Texas, Oct. 13 TX-LMT-Pakistan-F-16 FORT WORTH, Texas, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) unveiled the first of 18 new F-16s being produced for Pakistan in ceremonies today at its Fort Worth, Texas, facility. Officials including the Chiefs of Staff of the U.S. and Pakistan Air Forces were on hand to witness the event. Air Chief Marshal Rao Quamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force (PAF), accepted the first F-16 Block 52 aircraft on behalf of his nation. Also present were Husain Haqqani, Pakistan's Ambassador to the United States, and other senior officials. The U.S. government was represented by Rep. Kay Granger, Texas 12th District, and Gen. Norton Schwartz, Chief of Staff of the Air Force. "Peace Drive is the flagship of modernization for Pakistan's Air Force. It is the latest configuration of the best 4th generation multirole fighter available in the world today," said John Larson, vice president of F-16 programs for Lockheed Martin. The aircraft order is designated as "Peace Drive I," continuing a long tradition of naming F-16 international sales programs with the word Peace. The program raises the total number of F-16s ordered by Pakistan to 54. The Pakistan Air Force received its first F-16, in the Block 15 F-16A/B configuration, in 1982. Pakistan has been operating Lockheed Martin aircraft since 1963, when it received C-130B airlifters. The Peace Drive I order is for 12 F-16Cs and six F-16Ds, all powered by the Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 engine. The first aircraft - a two-seat F-16D model - will be delivered to the U.S. government (as agent for Pakistan in the Foreign Military Sales process) in December, with the remainder following in 2010. The F-16 is the choice of 25 nations. More than 4,400 aircraft have been delivered worldwide from assembly lines in five countries. The F-16 program has been characterized by unprecedented international cooperation among governments, air forces and aerospace industries. Major upgrades to all F-16 versions are being incorporated to keep the fleet modern and fully supportable over the aircraft's long service life. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.

DEAR student!:smitten:
great work , you are becomming , goldenboy here day by day!:smitten::tup::pakistan:

Guys, Guys, please hold on a second!

Certainly it is a great day for PAF but we must also be careful in reporting the facts correctly and not just relying on Pakistani TV channels only for facts.

Let me make this clear:

PAF will NOT, repeat NOT be transferred any F-16 block 52 aircraft in January 2010

Here I am quoting from the Written Statement of Vice Admiral JeffreyWieringa, USN Director, Defense Security Cooperation Agency Before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia 16 September 2008.

The first LOA providing for the production of eighteen F-16C/D Block 52 aircraft is underway: four aircraft will be ready in June 2010; four aircraft in August 2010; five aircraft in October 2010; four aircraft in Dec 2010; and, one aircraft in December 2011.

I would recommend you all to read this document completely and carefully. It will answer all your questions about Pakistan's current F-16 purchase from USA

Written Statement of Vice Admiral JeffreyWieringa, USN Director, Defense Security Cooperation Agency Before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia 16 September 2008

Aah At las Uncle SAM :usflag: Has done anything For PAK.

Good news .... lets get some Talibans !!

Back
Top Bottom