What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Formation take-off from a FOB.

11230039_517028978471764_3667604028449567460_n.jpg

Back in 2006 we contracted to buy 18 F-16 Block-52+ at the cost of USD 1.5 Billion.

Details of which are ...
Item 1: 36 New F-16 Block 50/52s - $3 billion The package for Pakistan's new F-16s also includes:
  • 36 F-16C/D Block 50/52 aircraft with either the F100-PW-229 or F110-GE-129 Increased Performance Engines (IPEs) and APG-68(V)9 radars;
  • 7 spare F100-PW-229 IPE or F110-GE-129 IPE engines;
  • 7 spare APG-68(V)9 radar sets;
  • 36 Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS);
  • 36 AN/ARC-238 SINCGARS radios with HAVE QUICK I/II;
  • 36 Conformal Fuel Tanks (pairs) that fit along the aircraft's sides to give them extra range;
  • 36 Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals; DID has covered the tactical uses of MIDS-LVT Link 16 systems;
  • 36 Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation Systems;
  • 36 APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe Systems;
  • 36 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suites without Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or AN/ALQ-184 Electronic Counter Measures pod without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-131 Electronic Counter Measures pod without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-187 Advanced Self-Protection Integrated Suites without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-178 Self-Protection Electronic Warfare Suites without DRFM;
  • 1 Unit Level Trainer;
  • Associated support equipment, software development/integration, modification kits, capability to employ a wide variety of munitions, spares and repair parts, flight test instrumentation, publications and technical documentation, CONUS-personnel training and training equipment, U.S. Government and contractor technical and logistics personnel services, and other related requirements to ensure full program supportability.
Since Pakistan only opted for 18 ... I am assuming we got half of what is stated above.

This gives a fly away cost of USD 83.33 Million per plane back in 2006.

Which was extremely high. Because there was nothing on offer (as listed above) that is extraordinary.
Just curious ... weren't we fleeced on this deal?

Back in 2006 we contracted to buy 18 F-16 Block-52+ at the cost of USD 1.5 Billion.

Details of which are ...
Item 1: 36 New F-16 Block 50/52s - $3 billion The package for Pakistan's new F-16s also includes:
  • 36 F-16C/D Block 50/52 aircraft with either the F100-PW-229 or F110-GE-129 Increased Performance Engines (IPEs) and APG-68(V)9 radars;
  • 36 Conformal Fuel Tanks (pairs) that fit along the aircraft's sides to give them extra range;
  • 36 Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals; DID has covered the tactical uses of MIDS-LVT Link 16 systems;
  • 36 Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation Systems;
  • 36 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suites without Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or AN/ALQ-184 Electronic Counter Measures pod without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-131 Electronic Counter Measures pod without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-187 Advanced Self-Protection Integrated Suites without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-178 Self-Protection Electronic Warfare Suites without DRFM;
  • 1 Unit Level Trainer;
  • Associated support equipment, software development/integration, modification kits, capability to employ a wide variety of munitions, spares and repair parts, flight test instrumentation, publications and technical documentation, CONUS-personnel training and training equipment, U.S. Government and contractor technical and logistics personnel services, and other related requirements to ensure full program supportability.
Since Pakistan only opted for 18 ... I am assuming we got half of what is stated above.

Which was extremely high. Because there was nothing on offer (as listed above) that is extraordinary.

No. That's pretty economical actually. Don't go on figures which are loosely available on internet. 4+ Gen fighters cost that much when you buy them with support. Any other option would have set us back like $100 million or so.

Do remember, these were practically new birds -- needed a whole new regimen for training of ground support personnel and the pilots. I am guessing here, training cost was built into the cost of each plane.

Details of which are ...
  • 1 Unit Level Trainer;

Hi,

which would put iyt in the same range as that of the Rafale at that time.

I think at that time, Pakistan aorforce considered Grippen as well and it was priority. But price of grippen was more than F16???

That engine issue was in 1990,s .I,m talking about 2004_6 era. In 1999, clinton offered Pakistan grippen for not doing nuclear tests.price of grippen is I think 83 million dollars I.e same as f16 ( with weapon package). But cost of indulging new fighter is too much.

I think at that time, Pakistan aorforce considered Grippen as well and it was priority. But price of grippen was more than F16???
I believe JF 17 block 3 is every bit as capable if not more, than the gripen.

That engine issue was in 1990,s .I,m talking about 2004_6 era. In 1999, clinton offered Pakistan grippen for not doing nuclear tests.price of grippen is I think 83 million dollars I.e same as f16 ( with weapon package). But cost of indulging new fighter is too much.

How Clinton had offered Grippen as its Swedish jet not US one? Please post source link.

He called nawaz sharif and offered multi billion dollars economic package and for f16 , as there was american arms embargo on pakistan, he said you can get fighters from sweeden. So it was green signal

Back
Top Bottom