What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

My suspicion that these 8 new F-16s on offer may be the latest F-16V, the first example of which flew 2 days ago, is given by this statement from a Pakistani Govt. official as reported by Janes ...

""These new aircraft will be more advanced than the last batch of F-16s [the contract for which was signed in 2006]," said the Pakistani government official."

US prepares to sell eight newbuild F-16s to Pakistan - IHS Jane's 360

This has been originally posted by @Tameem on another thread.

My suspicion that these 8 new F-16s on offer may be the latest F-16V, the first example of which flew 2 days ago, is given by this statement from a Pakistani Govt. official as reported by Janes ...

""These new aircraft will be more advanced than the last batch of F-16s [the contract for which was signed in 2006]," said the Pakistani government official."

US prepares to sell eight newbuild F-16s to Pakistan - IHS Jane's 360

This has been originally posted by @Tameem on another thread.
If these r F16 v then 8 might be initial order

I don't know why people post such stupid comments of getting this and that

If these r F16 v then 8 might be initial order

That certainly might be the case.

But in any case, what seems to be the happening here is that the PAF is inducting F-16s in small increments so that it does not raise too many eye brows in Washington's anti-Pakistan lobby and is easy on the funds reserve. It makes sense that the next small incremental order be placed depending on the funds situation and Pak-US relations.

So over the next 5 years, we may witness similar follow up small orders. If more EDA F-16s (used) are also made available along the way, then this may bolster the overall F-16 numbers closer to or past 100.

But in any case, what seems to be the happening here is that the PAF is inducting F-16s in small increments so that it does not raise too many eye brows in Washington's anti-Pakistan lobby and is easy on the funds reserve. It makes sense that the next small incremental order be placed depending on the funds situation and Pak-US relations.

So over the next 5 years, we may witness similar follow up small orders. If more EDA F-16s (used) are also made available along the way, then this may bolster the overall F-16 numbers closer to or past 100.

is airforce again ready for another backstabbing from sanctions by usa when hindia attacks us ...???

is airforce again ready for another backstabbing from sanctions by usa when hindia attacks us ...???

For sure no. Hence the small number.

In my humble opinion, the next small incremental order will be placed only after situation is deemed all clear on the relations front. So that the tactical and financial impact of a sanction is more sustainable. Furthermore, with the involvement of the Russians in Syria and its effects over the entire ME and the Afghan situation, it seems the US will be needing a non-disgruntled and non-reluctant ally in Pakistan.

This is just conjecture on my part. But based on that conjecture I don't see a sanction like situation within the next 5 years at least.

But this does not mean that the PAF has abandoned pursuing other options regarding the source and regarding whether its a heavy or medium weight platform. In my limited understanding, I think they are following a Hi-Mid-Lo fleet mix, based on their limited options and resources.

Ali that what make sence to me reason is F16 V is different aircraft than we have plus it looks like LK Martin introduce a cheaper version of F35 for the countries who cant afford it .there r many countries who got hundrads of F16s but cant afford F35 to replace them so this become cheaper version of F35 same tech tickle down into V .i Beleive if that is case according to jane then F16 gonna stay with PAF for another 25 to 30 yrs i hope that Lockhead move its some assembly to pak if pak look to replace all MLU and addtional F16 .Not Good news for india cold water on theior Rafele .This would cheaper fifth generation solution for pak from america to replace its F16s older ones .rest inagree with u but remember Anericans r bussinessman when its comes to money they all one they see juice in pak airforce u will see how they will pass it through congress like AH1z vipers did anybody object ?none except Hussain Haqqani

Last edited:
F16 V is different aircraft than we have

Actually it uses the same power plant and has a seemingly identical air frame as the Block-50/52+. Refer to the Lockheed Martin site F-16 Fighting Falcon · Lockheed MartinF-16 Fighting Falcon · Lockheed Martin It only differs in APG-83 SABR AESA Radar, Advanced EW Suite, New Avionics and Mission Computer. Its fire control system and EW Suite is 5th Gen. The difference b/w F-16V and our F-16 Block-52+ is less than the difference between our Block-52+ and our Block-15s before MLU.

The handling of the new Jet will be quite similar to our Block-52+.

Also the V-Upgrade is compatible with previous Blocks as well. Taiwan is upgrading its 140+ As and Bs to the V-Standard.

Yep I came to the same conclusion as well, the cost of each purchase would be comparatively low, thereby using the standard fiscal budget. PAF wanted 110 F-16s in 1989 and again in 2005 (60 MLU + 50-55 C/D), it's again planning to get there.

There are 18 C/Ds now, add these 8 C/D (or V) and it's at 26, and that is just 24-29 away from the 2005 plan. At that point PAF can split it into two incremental orders or just finish it with one.

This is very similar to how the PAF pursued the Mirage III/5 in the 1970s.

PAF should order at-least 18 more F-16V and get back it's 12 remaining F-16A/B with MLU-03 upgrades. Getting them will provide a major hike in PAF capabilities.

That article isn't worth the paper it's written on, yes it's worth less than nothing.

1) Why would Pakistan ever choose to deliver it's nukes by aircraft when it has a range of ballistic missiles to do exactly that? Ballistic missiles which can not only reach a lot farther, travel a lot faster but are also a lot less prone to being countered.

2) This below quoted paragraph aptly displays this article for what it is; a propaganda piece,

For example, is Pakistan using F-16s to target the Haqqani Network, a grouping of Afghan Pashtun militants who yield enormous influence on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border?Probably not, given Pakistan’s interest in using Pashtun groups in Afghanistan to perpetuate its influence there.

So instead of listening to, supposedly, his own government or considering evidence to the contrary he decides to surmise by basing his verdict on Pakistan's commitment to the WOT on the words that a little fairy whispered in his ear. "Probably not", that really cracked me up. You gotto respect the Indian lobby.

Operation Zarb-i-Azb disrupted Haqqani network: US general - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Forces kill top Haqqani commander

Pakistan air strikes target Haqqani insurgents | World news | The Guardian

Falcon over Margala Hills, Islamabad.

10246505_517611761746819_92593865878364609_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom