What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

i was surfing through the net and found this picture of f16e block 60 (on wikipedia), which was treat to watch. i know may be someone has posted it before in this thread but i could not resis to post it again, it is such a beauty. is it really block 60 and whther our new f16 block 50/52 look similar as this plane/ if not what is the difference in shape and capabilities compare to this plane. i am not a pilot and may be i am asking a naive question but please if any member can elaborate a little i will appreciate it.

regards

sincerely

F16 block 60 is heaver then 52 has a advanced AESA Radar instead of pulse dooper radar which is used in Block 52.It also has a more powerful engine as the jet is quite heavy due to aesa radar and other equipment so it needs powerful engine.It is the most advanced F-16 variant today.F16 Block52 is pretty similar to Block 60 except Radar, Engine and probably ECM Equipment.

In the picture ... IRIST is visible ... i don't think block 52 have IRST on them

Also this F-16 seems to be carrying Mica ... haven't seen that on F16 either

In the picture ... IRIST is visible ... i don't think block 52 have IRST on them

Not a MICA missile, its AIM-9 variant, and the other seems to be a Maverick Missile A2G.

You're correct. I guess UAE is using MICA so that in case if IAF develops ECM against Aim120 at least they can use MICA.There is only 3,000 pounds thrust difference between F16 Block 60 General Electric Engine and F16 Block52 Pratt and Whitney Engine but block60 is heaver then Block52.

i was surfing through the net and found this picture of f16e block 60 (on wikipedia), which was treat to watch. i know may be someone has posted it before in this thread but i could not resis to post it again, it is such a beauty. is it really block 60 and whther our new f16 block 50/52 look similar as this plane/ if not what is the difference in shape and capabilities compare to this plane. i am not a pilot and may be i am asking a naive question but please if any member can elaborate a little i will appreciate it.

regards

sincerely

well a think much talked about but worth a review,
the blk 60 is:
equipped with an AESA radar, infact it is the onll F16 variant to be equipped with one,
the AESA increase the weight and need more powerfull engine to run thus the eingie for the blk 60 is powerfull but it do not add much to other performance specs as the additional power is used to support the radar and excessive weight of the plane,
the large fuel tank assemble right on top of wing, attatched to fusealage is another difference,
the most advanced F16 version in terms of aviovics, a real beast!!
at the moment they are only flying in UAE colors as far as i remember,,

i hope these points help you,
regards!

Last edited:
do you guys think that this bird can take out su-30mki
Absolutely.With smaller RCS, JHMCS and AIM120C5..It should be able to kick *** in close as well as bvr combat however our older F-16's are not so good at bvr.In fact they will be nice targets hope they get MLU soon.

Absolutely.With smaller RCS, JHMCS and AIM120C5..It should be able to kick *** in close as well as bvr combat however our older F-16's are not so good at bvr.In fact they will be nice targets hope they get MLU soon.

AIM-120D will do the kill, older versions can't match the R-77 range.

Does not matter.You won't achieve a kill at max range.Keep in mind that at max range the bvr missile have a very low *** and ECM might as well screw the missile.Not to mention if its in afterburner the jet can get out of range quite quickly if missile is fired at max range.Still SU30mki is a very serious threat in close range combat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom