What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

what is this mysterious milky-white cloudy-like white-smoky air-fumes coming out constantly from the combat aircraft flying seemingly a close-air-suport combat air patrol mission in very high region of the sky in the vast aerial frontier of the airspace of the beloved homeland of our IsLamic republic of PakisTan ... ?

These are vortices, that being low pressure have a lower temperature, causing condensation of water vapors and thus appearing as "milky-white cloudy-like white smoky air-fumes" as you so eloquently put it.

These vortices are a good thing and a mark of good design. JF-17 has them as well. That is why it always appears as though it is wearing a 'dopatta' - looking like a deadly baji.

Being an aeronautical engineer, @Munir can tell you more about it.

what is this mysterious milky-white cloudy-like white-smoky air-fumes coming out constantly from the combat aircraft flying seemingly a close-air-suport combat air patrol mission in very high region of the sky in the vast aerial frontier of the airspace of the beloved homeland of our IsLamic republic of PakisTan ... ?
But this one is not flying a CAS or a CAP mission, nor is it flying at a high altitude neither in the Pakistan air space....which only proves that when a high performance jet executes tight manoeuvres it generates mysterious milky-white cloudy-like white-smoky air-fumes also called vortex.

Any other jet trainings besides T38 on PAF inventory?

I don't think that the PAF has any T-38 in service; they've got the K-8 & the T-37 for the intermediate jet trainer role & so far as I know the PAF doesn't have anything between an intermediate jet trainer & the two-seat version of a combat aircraft of operational conversion training ! :unsure:

So far as I've been able to gather the PAF operates a two-tier system of training with a basic traininer like the Mushaks (MFI-17) being the first tier & an intermediate jet trainer like the T-37 & the K-8 being the second tier before moving on to the F-7Ps & PGs (Chinese Mig-21s variants) then to Mirages & then to F-16s & then to the Jf-17s (as an interim measure so that only experienced pilots take on the first few squadrons of the aircraft) with the twin versions of all of them coming before their single versions ! :undecided:

I don't think that the PAF has any T-38 in service; they've got the K-8 & the T-37 for the intermediate jet trainer role & so far as I know the PAF doesn't have anything between an intermediate jet trainer & the two-seat version of a combat aircraft of operational conversion training ! :unsure:

So far as I've been able to gather the PAF operates a two-tier system of training with a basic traininer like the Mushaks (MFI-17) being the first tier & an intermediate jet trainer like the T-37 & the K-8 being the second tier before moving on to the F-7Ps & PGs (Chinese Mig-21s variants) then to Mirages & then to F-16s & then to the Jf-17s (as an interim measure so that only experienced pilots take on the first few squadrons of the aircraft) with the twin versions of all of them coming before their single versions ! :undecided:
@Armstrong
PAF uses FT-5 in their Fighter Conversion Unit also. I have seen the video also, cant find the link right now.

Although a very capable aircraft, the Mirage-2000 is only operated by some half a dozen Air forces compared to around 30 F-16 operators, more over customers like Greece which fields both types ended up going for more F-16s rather than the French machine.,
Mirage-2000 capability was also shown by recent Turkish F-16 shot down by Greece Mirage-2000.

govt approval has been granted (quietly).

Pakistan to receive Jordanian F-16s.
the PAF is set to receive a squadron of former RJAF LM F-16 fighting falcons. the US govt. approved sale will include 13 block15 standard F-16's, comprising 12 single-seat F-16A's and a single twin-seat F-16B.
the PAF will induct these fighters into its existing 63- strong fleet of F-16s (which includes a mix of A,B,C,D variants) and may modify their engine bays and install F100-PW-220E poweplants, which are more reliable and efficient than the original F100-PW-200 turbofans.
AFM page 20-April 2014

its a country-to-country sales with NOC from the OEM (US)

its PK funds also. no FMS

Any such arms deal must follow Congressional processes. Can you please point out the official US source for this approval? Thanks.

Mirage-2000 capability was also shown by recent Turkish F-16 shot down by Greece Mirage-2000.
We are going off topic but there's a lot of controversy surrounding this incident from F-16 mechanical failure to the pilot being an Israeli.

It was later determined (and kept secret) that the downed pilot who survived from the crash was in fact an Israeli pilot (Osman Cýceklý) dispached from IDFAF. The second pilot (TUAF flight officer) failed to eject in time due to the missile hit and was killed. The downed pilot was rescued 30 min. after shot down by a HAF AB-205 SAR helo (from 358th search and rescue squadron). The pilot received immediate medical care and returned a few days later to Turkey with a HAF C-130 flight.

Any other jet trainings besides T38 on PAF inventory?

Hi, Let get back to Thread topic but before I do @Neptune again point was someone mentioned JF-17 dual seat for TuAF, so my reply was to that member about F-5s and their soon [or phased out already] phase out and any future advance trainer could be either Kai T-50 or Italian M346 Master once T-38 reaches the point to be replaced probably in less than a decade...

Back
Top Bottom