What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

That it is, but the US is smart in its selective software screening. Sometimes it lets particular nations have what they want to ensure that US calculations and desires for outcomes to conflicts are met in the region.

Agreed. Whatever serves the national interests, regional or global, short-term or long-term.

Agreed. Whatever serves the national interests, regional or global, short-term or long-term.
After all, Clinton promised Israel the F-22.. but more calculating heads decided that it was not the right thing to let loose. Lets say strikes on certain nations would have been carried out much sooner had Israel been given the Raptor.

After all, Clinton promised Israel the F-22.. but more calculating heads decided that it was not the right thing to let loose. Lets say strikes on certain nations would have been carried out much sooner had Israel been given the Raptor.

Clinton wanted a legacy of a MidEast deal so bad he made promises he could not keep.

Back to the topic, any news about the Congressional approval of transferring the Jordanian F-16s to PAF?

@Oscar Is there any link egypt is getting AIM-120Cs.

I checked defenseindustrydaily dot com but I couldn't find any information related to egypt AIMC order.

The 120C is now being sold to egypt as the Israelis have gained all that they need to know how to defeat the missiles(those being sold to egypt specifically and the model in general).

Whoops that skipped me, when did this deal go through.

Had Israel been handed over the Raptor, who do you think apart from Iran would've been visited by them?

The 120C is now being sold to egypt as the Israelis have gained all that they need to know how to defeat the missiles(those being sold to egypt specifically and the model in general).

Also, the AH-64 does not change the equation for Israel in the reigion that much. And the US was more interested(as proven) in allowing Egypt to control separatists as and when needed. Israel is not the only threat to Egypt as the Palestinians with Hamas are also taken as a threat.

Such a missile was in the works from either SA or Brazil. However, it may be that the Indian Lobby in both nations has now gained the upper hand(via direct investment by India in the economies of these nations) that the government pushes the private firms in these two countries not to sell any crucial equipment to Pakistan.

That is true, but the MAR-1 deal did go through.

@Oscar Is there any link egypt is getting AIM-120Cs.

I checked defenseindustrydaily dot com but I couldn't find any information related to egypt AIMC order.
I believe the restrictions were lifted. I cant remember where I read it, whether it was some blog or claimed by a member here. The aircraft are ready to fire the AIM-120 though, that much is there in the DSCA

Clinton wanted a legacy of a MidEast deal so bad he made promises he could not keep.

Back to the topic, any news about the Congressional approval of transferring the Jordanian F-16s to PAF?
Nothing, odd considering that most deals are announced after the approval has been given. Perhaps the Pakistani media may have broken the back of the PAF this time by its verbal diarrhoea.

I believe the restrictions were lifted. I cant remember where I read it, whether it was some blog or claimed by a member here. The aircraft are ready to fire the AIM-120 though, that much is there in the DSCA

U.S. agrees not to sell AMRAAM to Egypt

From the above article..

Earlier this year, the administration relayed an informal request to Congress to sell the AMRAAM to Egypt. Several senior House and Senate members expressed their opposition to the proposed sale.

But according to 2011-2013 deals, with Block 50/52 sales to egypt and other weapons and equipment no AIM-120C has been sold.

Egypt: More F-16s on Hold

Nothing, odd considering that most deals are announced after the approval has been given. Perhaps the Pakistani media may have broken the back of the PAF this time by its verbal diarrhoea.

The Jordanian deal was never announced by any non-Pakistani source as far as I can remember.

The Jordanian deal was never announced by any non-Pakistani source as far as I can remember.
That is true, but it was announced none the less in fairly detailed manner. That means it was/is in the works. Perhaps a journo with connections heard about it.. and decided to let the cat out of the bag.

Quit it man, F-16s have no restriction to not fly with Chinese planes. Not on Chinese soil or by Chinese technicians. That's it, we are free to do whatever we want to. That guy you're ralking to is Ex-PAF Pilot Officer. Come on man just quit it.
I said test, not just fly together. God damn it, why doesn't anyone fucking read my comments properly? People keep picking on a few words, or one comment and ignore the rest of what I said.

That is true, but it was announced none the less in fairly detailed manner. That means it was/is in the works. Perhaps a journo with connections heard about it.. and decided to let the cat out of the bag.

Oh it is in the works alright, but not a done deal yet.

Back
Top Bottom