What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

GOD forgive incase of war i assure you these vipers will be and shall be used against any enemy even across the border the rest is all BS what you think PAF bought these for the show of it . These are war birds of PAF ( PAKISTAN) and shall be used and will be used against any enemy simply.

Exactly what I said, but would be followed by some restrictions and strains. The source for the deal that these birds won't be used by PAF against India or any of US's allies is from a post by fatman.
Means, the US would halt the supplies or sell at twice higher rate. You know, it's the US.

Exactly what I said, but would be followed by some restrictions and strains. The source for the deal that these birds won't be used by PAF against India or any of US's allies is from a post by fatman.
Means, the US would halt the supplies or sell at twice higher rate. You know, it's the US.

Here's where I differ with a lot of members on this forum (when it comes to the US and it's foreign policy). Why the US doesn't have any problems with Malaysia or Turkey? They are muslim countries as well. In fact, Malaysia is one of the largest semi conductor computer chips manufacturer (Intel, AMD, etc) both have R&D, Design & Manufacturing facilities in Malaysia. Turkey produces a lot of American weapons internally with American tech (F 16's are just one example).

So we need to sit down and think beyond the romance between India & the US (which in my opinion is a need based relationship to contain China and it'll last for about 20 years till the US gets a kick in the belly from India as India is JUST after US dollars...and they are NO US friends).

So, when we take a critical look at Pakistan (who's been a US ally for better or worse for over 60 years)...one has to pay attention to what are the causes? A few things are, corruption, fundamentalism, and lack of national focus towards prosperity.

It is in the US's BEST interests to have a stable, Taliban free Pakistan. The Baluchistan and other deals are also happening because of the violence and fundamentalism. Of course, the Indian influence plays a role but if Pakistan's economy was to do better, than the same country will kiss its **** for business. Right now, the Pakistan's government gets their salaries from the US and then they don't do what the masters want them to do, so naturally, you'll piss off the master. The best way to fix this is to become a self sufficient country and a bigger economy where no aid comes in and money is discussed as a business transaction, not aid from the US. Then, you'll see a sea of change.
Similarly, if these F 16's didn't have a component of American FMS, Pakistan would be able to use them in any way shape or form and without having to worry any sanctions. Remember, any country who gives money as aid, can impose sanctions. But no country would want to impose sanctions if you are helping them create jobs and enhance their economy through buying their jets. So can't blame the US for everything. Pakistani leadership has done (over decades), a lot to setup a wrong image in front of the world!

Not sure if these have been posted before, but capturing the F-16 in the right angles makes it even more impressive.

Izmir_F-16_Pakistan-4438.jpg

0.jpg

Izmir_F-16_Pakistan-4481.jpg

Correct me if i'm wrong. We ordered 36 F-16 Block 52 but untill now we have received 18?

Correct me if i'm wrong. We ordered 36 F-16 Block 52 but untill now we have received 18?

I believe we only ordered 18 due to the earthquake which presented an opportunity to divert funds elsewhere...

The order was cut back after the 2005 earthquake, hence all 18 ordered have been delivered now.

Here is something interesting:

After Pakistan's help in the war on terror, the US lifted the embargo. In 2005, Pakistan requested 24 new Block 50/52 F-16C/Ds (with option for as much as 55 aircraft). Ultimately an order for 18 F-16s was placed with an option on another 18.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article14.html

May 29, 2012 RNLAF: Reduction to 42 F-16s – Airbase Leeuwarden Closed (edited for style)The Dutch air force has been cut down to 68 F-16s since the end of the Cold War, but money is so tight it will be able to replace them with only 42 F-35sand the Main Operating Base Leeuwarden will soon lose its F-16 squadrons. RNLAF: Reduction to 42 F-16s

RNLAF: Reduction to 42 F-16s – Airbase Leeuwarden Closed (edited for style)The Dutch air force has been cut down to 68 F-16s since the end of the Cold War, but money is so tight it will be able to replace them with only 42 F-35sand the Main Operating Base Leeuwarden will soon lose its F-16 squadrons. RNLAF: Reduction to 42 F-16s

not worthy for us already discussed many times sir jee .

Back
Top Bottom